Pokémon The Pokémon Challenge Thread

Here's another update. A big one this time too. I've done 3 of the Island Trials so far and I did beat Hala awhile back, and right now I'm currently sitting on Route 8 after doing the Battle Royal thingy (insert epic and amazing Fortnite joke here) and taking down Totem Marowak. A lot has happened. Oh, and I got an Articuno. It's probably hacked, and it's Level 100 so I can't even use it, but screw it, I'm keeping it anyways. Anyways, team update time.

Pokemon Ultra Sun Team (3/8 Island Trials Completed) (1/4 Grand Trials Completed)
Slowpoke, Lv. 26
Kadabra, Lv. 26
Sylveon, Lv. 26
Breloom, Lv. 26
Charmeleon, Lv. 27
Persian, Lv. 28

Luckily enough, I still haven't had any deaths yet. And I hope I'm not jinxing anything by saying that.

Edit: Actually, for anyone here with Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, would someone be willing to help me evolve my Kadabra into Alakazam? All we'd have to do is maybe add each other, trade and then trade back.

Edit #2: Alright, I was able to have my Alakazam evolve. Thanks once again @MadMonsterMaddie for helping me out with that.

Last edited:
Sure, I gotta eat lunch first but I'll go ahead and add your 3DS friend code first. I'll message you when I'm ready.

Here's another update. A big one this time too. I've done 3 of the Island Trials so far and I did beat Hala awhile back, and right now I'm currently sitting on Route 8 after doing the Battle Royal thingy (insert epic and amazing Fortnite joke here) and taking down Totem Marowak. A lot has happened. Oh, and I got an Articuno. It's probably hacked, and it's Level 100 so I can't even use it, but screw it, I'm keeping it anyways. Anyways, team update time.

Pokemon Ultra Sun Team (3/8 Island Trials Completed) (1/4 Grand Trials Completed)
Slowpoke, Lv. 26
Kadabra, Lv. 26
Sylveon, Lv. 26
Breloom, Lv. 26
Charmeleon, Lv. 27
Persian, Lv. 28

Luckily enough, I still haven't had any deaths yet. And I hope I'm not jinxing anything by saying that.

Edit: Actually, for anyone here with Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, would someone be willing to help me evolve my Kadabra into Alakazam? All we'd have to do is maybe add each other, trade and then trade back.

Edit #2: Alright, I was able to have my Alakazam evolve. Thanks once again @MadMonsterMaddie for helping me out with that.

That’s good that no one has died yet. I did a Nuzlocke Challenge of Sun/Moon awhile back, but stopped because imo, I feel like Wonderlocke or Nuzlocke challenges in Sun/Moon are too easy. I’m interested to see if you make it the whole way through or not though. :)

That’s good that no one has died yet. I did a Nuzlocke Challenge of Sun/Moon awhile back, but stopped because imo, I feel like Wonderlocke or Nuzlocke challenges in Sun/Moon are too easy. I’m interested to see if you make it the whole way through or not though. :)

Yeah, I'm starting to kind of see that. There's only been one point in Ultra Sun so far where I've been in a bit of a pickle, and this was during Lana's trial while fighting against Dewpiders. Because in Gen 7, wild Pokemon will call for help, so that can be a bit of a pain sometimes. However, that's the only point where I've felt like I may have to sacrifice a Pokemon. Needless to say, I didn't have to sacrifice anyone, so I'm glad.

So I started my Nuzlocke Challenge of X yesterday and just beat the first gym just now. My team is looking pretty good. It consists of,

Level 16 Todoroki the Braixen
Level 12 Koji Koda the Burmy

Both of them are male, so Koji will become a Mothim when the time is right. It was a nice find on route three, which I’m happy about, but I’ll still need to catch a Pokemon that can deal with Grant’s team before I get to him. Thankfully, there’s plenty of chances before then to do so. I don’t plan on using the Kanto starter given in Luminose City, because I feel like that’s cheating, imo (even though it’s legal). Also yes, I’m naming my Pokemon partners after students from MHA this time instead of the pro heroes. Todoroki for Fennekin because of his fire, and Koji Koda for Burmy because he can control animals AND insects/bugs. :)

I've decided to go against the gen 6 Nuzlocke, instead I'm doing something with Pokemon FireRed all the way back on the GBA. I'm going to be doing a randomized Nuzlocke... but there's a catch. I'm giving myself limits. Battle style will be set, one healing item per battle, and the only move any Pokemon will be allowed to use is Metronome. Think of it as a Metronome battle that competitive Pokemon YouTubers do.. but it's an entire game. If this turns out well I want to try it with Crystal. Wish me luck!

I've decided to go against the gen 6 Nuzlocke, instead I'm doing something with Pokemon FireRed all the way back on the GBA. I'm going to be doing a randomized Nuzlocke... but there's a catch. I'm giving myself limits. Battle style will be set, one healing item per battle, and the only move any Pokemon will be allowed to use is Metronome. Think of it as a Metronome battle that competitive Pokemon YouTubers do.. but it's an entire game. If this turns out well I want to try it with Crystal. Wish me luck!

Ah, that’s interesting. So you’re basically playing the numbers game. I hope it works out well for you.

I’m currently on route six in X, and my Pokemon are 20-21ish, which means Koji Koda evolved into a Mothim. I’m trying to avoid providing updates though until after I beat each gym. Haven’t found any good counters to Grant’s team yet, but there’s still a good number of places to try before I reach him. I wonder how NoUsernameHere’s Ultra Sun challenge is going?

Things are looking grim. I started with a Metang, Vlad. My Route 1 encounter was an Alakazam, which I used Sheer Cold on. I soon caught a Shuppet, Maria, but she was KO'd. My next encounter was a Shedinja, which hurt itself in confusion and got KO'd. I'm stuck with a Metang, and since I randomized evolutions, it could evolve into something horrible.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My encounter for Viridian Forest was a Scizor... and it selfdestructed.

Last edited:
Welp, I got past Brock, and then lost to a random Trainer with a Slowbro who used Double-Edge.

Well, today I decided to load up Ultra Sun for the first time in awhile. I took on Mallow's Trial and ended up losing my Charmeleon due to a dumb mistake. So that sucks. Thankfully I had a Litten in the PC so I'm gonna go ahead and train that up. And also thankfully, I didn't lose anyone else. Anyways, here's a team update.

Pokemon Ultra Sun Team (4 Island Trials Down, 1 Grand Trial down)
Male Slowpoke, Level 28
Male Alakazam, Level 29
Male Sylveon, Level 29
Female Breloom, Level 28
Female Persian, Level 29
Female Litten, Level 1

Deaths:
Male Charmeleon, Level 29

Last edited:
Well, I ended up catching a Sandile which I nicknamed Tsuyu Asui, but the very first trainer I challenged in Grant’s gym had a Relicanth that wrecked my whole team. I probably will not try another Nuzlocke challenge for a bit. I wasn’t really that invested in this one to be honest. Next time I do one though I’ll probably try either Platinum or Black/White again... I had a challenge going on Black/White earlier this year I think it was, and I was actually doing really well with a full team and 7 gym badges, but I goofed on the dragon gym. I hope your challenge is going well, NoUsernameHere. :)

I was disappointed in the results of my last nuzlocke, so I had decided to restart, using the same starter. This time, it's been better. I'm past Brock's gym and I've just gotten myself through Mt. Moon. I actually have more than one Pok?mon, now, as well. My team is:

-Vlad the Metang
-Victoria the female Meowth
-Lyudmilla the female Delcatty

So I had never played Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire until recently, so I am unfamiliar with the games. I got a little frustrated with the Nuzlocke, because I would reenter areas that I had already captured a Pokemon, but not realize it due to not recognizing the map. So I am going to do a better job of tracking where I get the Pokemon and really confirming that I don't double down on Pokemon in particular areas. This frustration, and other happenings, resulted in me setting down the Nuzlocke attempt, and I kind of lost track and interest.

That said, I kind of need something to keep me busy, so I decided I would restart my Omega Ruby file and finally play through the game.

I deleted the file this morning, so I'll report. Hopefully I can get into the game and not lose interest like I did last time. Like I have mentioned before, I feel like I am in the minority in that I really enjoyed Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon after not having played since Platinum.

I'll keep the same theme (Cocktails) and trainer name (Vesper). Like I said, I will do a better job of tracking exactly where I catch the Pokemon so I don't know the map very well. I'm going to pick my starter via a random number generator.

Other than that, I frankly don't remember anything from the game (like who the gym leaders used or their types or anything). So it still feels pretty fresh!

So I had never played Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire until recently, so I am unfamiliar with the games. I got a little frustrated with the Nuzlocke, because I would reenter areas that I had already captured a Pokemon, but not realize it due to not recognizing the map. So I am going to do a better job of tracking where I get the Pokemon and really confirming that I don't double down on Pokemon in particular areas. This frustration, and other happenings, resulted in me setting down the Nuzlocke attempt, and I kind of lost track and interest.

That said, I kind of need something to keep me busy, so I decided I would restart my Omega Ruby file and finally play through the game.

I deleted the file this morning, so I'll report. Hopefully I can get into the game and not lose interest like I did last time. Like I have mentioned before, I feel like I am in the minority in that I really enjoyed Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon after not having played since Platinum.

I'll keep the same theme (Cocktails) and trainer name (Vesper). Like I said, I will do a better job of tracking exactly where I catch the Pokemon so I don't know the map very well. I'm going to pick my starter via a random number generator.

Other than that, I frankly don't remember anything from the game (like who the gym leaders used or their types or anything). So it still feels pretty fresh!

Alright. I hope you do well! Keep us up to date on it please. :)

First off, I just wanna preface this by saying I apologize for not really updating in over a week, and even before then not really updating. I've just barely touched Ultra Sun as of late. Have I given up on my run? No, I will continue. I just needed a bit of a break is all. Well, that and I've been busy with school, so I've had less time for everything. Anyway, here's a really tiny update. I finally made it to Konikoni City, got a few encounters and did some training. I'll hopefully be back with a larger update than that soon.

Female Breloom, Level 29
Female Persian, Level 30
Male Alakazam, Level 30
Male Sylveon, Level 30
Female Torracat, Level 19
Male Squirtle, Level 1

First off, I just wanna preface this by saying I apologize for not really updating in over a week, and even before then not really updating. I've just barely touched Ultra Sun as of late. Have I given up on my run? No, I will continue. I just needed a bit of a break is all. Well, that and I've been busy with school, so I've had less time for everything. Anyway, here's a really tiny update. I finally made it to Konikoni City, got a few encounters and did some training. I'll hopefully be back with a larger update than that soon.

Female Breloom, Level 29
Female Persian, Level 30
Male Alakazam, Level 30
Male Sylveon, Level 30
Female Torracat, Level 19
Male Squirtle, Level 1

That’s fine. Take your time for updates if you’re dealing with school. I’m about to be back myself, so I will not even have time to do a Nuzlocke Challenge. Lol

Okay, I am not looking at my old posts on this thread for my OmegaRuby Nuzlocke challenge. I did stick with the same trainer name (Vesper) and theme (Cocktails).

I have made it to Route 104 and have this team of misfits:

Torchic - Manhattan
Zigzagoon - PinkSquirrel
Seedot - Mint Julep
Wingull - Aviation

Haven't challenged any gyms yet. Going to do a better job of internally tracking where I got these Pokemon (as part of the problem with my last game was that I was unfamiliar with the map, so I would double-catch Pokemon when on the same route but appearing from different areas).

Okay, I am not looking at my old posts on this thread for my OmegaRuby Nuzlocke challenge. I did stick with the same trainer name (Vesper) and theme (Cocktails).

I have made it to Route 104 and have this team of misfits:

Torchic - Manhattan
Zigzagoon - PinkSquirrel
Seedot - Mint Julep
Wingull - Aviation

Haven't challenged any gyms yet. Going to do a better job of internally tracking where I got these Pokemon (as part of the problem with my last game was that I was unfamiliar with the map, so I would double-catch Pokemon when on the same route but appearing from different areas).

Alright, sounds good. There should be guides online too that you can kind of follow if you get hopelessly lost. Looks like a good starting team! :)

Defeated Olivia, thus taking care of the second Grand Trial, and arrived at the Aether Paradise, but not before doing some training and trading some encounters. Now for another update.

Current Pokemon Ultra Sun Wonderlocke Team (4 Island Trials done) (2 Grand Trials done)

Breloom (Female), Lv. 33
Persian (Female), Lv. 34
Alakazam (Male), Lv. 32
Sylveon (Male), Lv. 33
Torracat (Female), Lv. 26
Wartortle (Male), Lv. 25

Last edited:
Back