The painful truth about Time-Traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's sad is this person wrote the painful "truth" when theres actually no truth to it at all. So many loopholes, generalizations, upright exaggerated and false immature claims all within that pathetic wall of text. I'm glad they wasted energy posting something so pointless lol. It's fine to talk about what you don't like about a community; I just realized people are requesting fees to come to their island to sell turnips, something I never remembered in AC:NL and was bummed to hear because it's not about helping others anymore but now something to gain. Fine. But the fact that this person is actually attributing a gaming style (that occurs in EVERY country tf?) to the way people are in a specific country and explaining why one society/continent is better than another with ridiculous claims is just sad and extremely offensive.

After reading replies on here, I feel like literally everyone has fail to understand the point I'm trying to get across even those who normally agree with me.

There was a lot of things I wanted to write and couldn't get em all in on time, things such as there are bad apples everywhere. Yes there are TTers and dupers in Asia, its not perfect. Hence why I said there are pro and con of each cultures but I couldn't cover every bases in writing. I figure it would be understood.

And I have said it multiple times on here I'm not against all time-travelers. Some people time travel because they only care about decorating their town, because of work, because they are bore, because they want to kick a villager out, and etc... There are legitimate reason why people time-travel.

But as a whole it hurts the AC community. This is not just a single player game. A true single player game doesn't have an online component to it. People who don't time travel are at a massive disadvantage when it comes to all the bells and whistles.

If you are TT each day little by little, then this thread was never for you because I am not against every TTers, just those that use this mechanic to abuse/exploit the online mechanics.

I wanted to add a different perspective between the two cultures. I'm not saying the Asian culture is superior (I much rather have western upbringing) but there are games that are just as cute as AC that never made it into westerner hand. And I'm not talking about race, I'm talking about culture. Asians are really no different in western society as anyone else. Culture affect everyone regardless of race, gender, nationalities, etc...

Everytime I made a thread and pour everything in it, people constantly just seem to misunderstood the point I'm trying to get across hence why I gave a little background regarding culture.
It's perfectly fine to hate TTers that intentionally try to ruin other's experiences but those cases are so few and far between that it's not even worth addressing them in such a lengthy post. Culture also still has absolutely nothing to do with this though, what a ridiculous correlation to make out of thin air.

I think it's best I lock this thread here.

Making sweeping declarations in regard to culture is never wise. Especially when it is handled as carelessly as it has been here: misrepresenting and insulting multiple parties.

Time travel if that is your preference and don't if it isn't. How people choose to play their game and interact with the community is their business - and there will be people on both sides of the coin in every culture, so let's not put the blame on anyone in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back