• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The one year challenge

Would I be able to join this challenge even though it isn't the 1st of January? Would like to get into ACNL again!

ya
you can set the time to jan 1 when you first get on the train with rover and later, tt day by day to get to today

You can do whatever you want. you DONT have to TT from January 1st ^^

Oh okay, I'll probably just start from today and make it run a year from now. :)
Welcome to the challenge! Can't wait to hear about your town :)

If you're ever walking around and hear a weird insect-like sound, it's probably a mole cricket. Yes, you're absolutely correct; just dig a hole where the sound is loudest. The mole cricket will pop right out, and you'll have about 5-10 seconds to catch it before it digs another hole and disappears for good. {I suggest having your shovel and net next to each other for easy access.}

Sometimes, if another villager is near when the sound occurs, that villager will walk where the sound is loudest.
I should also note that sometimes you'll have to dig multiple holes before you find the right one. The mole cricket just pops out and starts running, so I would fill in the wrong holes so that you're not trapped.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On a slightly unrelated subject, a neat trick I learned from GameFAQs on catching bagworms: You can hit the tree with your net {at the spot where the bagworm would come out} and catch the bagworm. I tested this out by shaking trees until I saw a bagworm. Then, I waited for it to go back up. I hit the tree with my net where the bagworm was and caught it.

Wow! Thank you so much for the help! :) And I had no idea you could catch a bagworm like that!

Quick update: Kicks is finally open and I got all the sigs for Club LOL.
Kicks doesn't have either of the things I'm looking for, but he does have this stuff:

zlCfzS4tdg0pwtvFwA.jpg

Anyone need any of this? I'm going to buy it all to catalog but if you want it I'll give it to you.
I updated my moriDB wishlist and linked it in my sig. If you have anything I want we can trade.

Also, I have Katie walking around and need to pawn her off on somebody. Any volunteers?

I forgot to go shopping yesterday, so I wasn't able to get the stuff in the Able Sisters/Kicks. I did get everything from Nooks, though, including an expensive {36k} White Katana.

Quick update: Kicks is finally open and I got all the sigs for Club LOL.
Kicks doesn't have either of the things I'm looking for, but he does have this stuff:

View attachment 80748

Anyone need any of this? I'm going to buy it all to catalog but if you want it I'll give it to you.
I updated my moriDB wishlist and linked it in my sig. If you have anything I want we can trade.

Also, I have Katie walking around and need to pawn her off on somebody. Any volunteers?

What shoes were you looking for? Also, you can bring Katie to my town!

I've started attempting to breed hybrids on the beach. I also have to remember to buy flowers from the Garden Shop in order to get the Silver Watering Can.

I've started attempting to breed hybrids on the beach. I also have to remember to buy flowers from the Garden Shop in order to get the Silver Watering Can.

You get the silver watering can from getting perfect town :) JUst talk to Isabelle once you have the perfect town

You get the silver watering can from getting perfect town :) JUst talk to Isabelle once you have the perfect town

Do you mean the Golden Watering Can? I'm just going off of what Thonky says. Silver: Buy 50 bags of flower seeds from the garden shop. Golden: Have perfect town status for 15 days straight.

Will Isabelle give me the silver can if I just have perfect town for a day?

Do you mean the Golden Watering Can? I'm just going off of what Thonky says. Silver: Buy 50 bags of flower seeds from the garden shop. Golden: Have perfect town status for 15 days straight.

Will Isabelle give me the silver can if I just have perfect town for a day?

Thats so weird. I looked it up and you're right. I must be remembering wrong! Got perfect town back in Jun 2013 so its been a long time. Sorry :(

I'm looking for the Yellow Buckled Shoes and the White Stockings.

Open your gate, I'll bring Katie over. :)

:) kk, Im using a different ds from the one you have added
FC is: 4399 1868 8059

I'll go open my gates once you've added me

also, I dont have those :( sorry

Here's an update of things that have happened in my town since Saturday.

HNI_0007.JPG
I got lots of streetpasses at a convention I attended. The HH Showcase is almost full again. :) I even got my first streetpass gifts, they were only regular balloons though. I haven't had time to take a proper look around the Showcase yet. Better do some beetle farming soon so that I can buy all that fancy stuff for myself.
Here are some pics from the Showcase houses:
HNI_0012.JPG
HNI_0011.JPG
HNI_0014.JPG
Unfortunately that's all I have from the interiors at the moment!
HNI_0068.JPG
Timmy and Tommy upgraded their shop. I think I got it yesterday but didn't have time to check in before today.
HNI_0026.JPG
I've had the Dream Suite for a couple of days. I was so exited about getting it I but haven't done any dreaming yet...
Cyrus has woke up.

Today I spammed the Elite Scavenger Tour and got some 400 medals. I finally bought a wetsuit. It's a green one. It seems to appear quite often in my island, I think this was already the third or fourth time...
Also, no one seems to be thinking of moving out yet. I see that many of you have already gotten pings from movers. To be honest, I hope I'll get one soon too, heh.
The best news is that hybrids have finally started spawning more often! Today I got by second blue pansy so breeding them will be easier from now on. I'm also breeding black roses and tulips and pink and purple roses. I'm thinking of trading something for two blue roses because I'm not going to try and breed the first ones myself. Last time it took several months. :mad:

That's it for now! :) We're already two weeks in!

Attachments

• HNI_0015.JPG
    HNI_0015.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
- Got signatures for Shrunk

- Kicks opened

- Got my second PWP request from Maple - A fairy tale bench

- Helped Guilliver to remember he was heading to my fair country, the Emerald Isle aka Ireland (If you want to add that to the master list I don't mind :p)

- Stopped Bubbles from moving (I've decided I'm not gona let my villagers move until I have their pictures)

Yeeeeah

Oh and speaking of the master list, my native fruit is peaches and Fauna needs to be added to my list of villagers :)

Last edited:
Will Clay still move if I talk to him or do favors for him? He's already set a date, and I don't want to change his mind.

Will Clay still move if I talk to him or do favors for him? He's already set a date, and I don't want to change his mind.

sometimes if you talk to him, he'll bring up and moving and if you tell him to go, hell say 'nah ill stay' sometimes.

Back