• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The New Horizons ‘Hourly Music’ is TERRIBLE, can it be disabled?

My favorite soundtracks are still from GameCube and New Leaf—

5 AM is the only song in horizons that doesn’t make me scream. The other music is too upbeat and not relaxing.

Yeah I've been hearing multiple people say 5 am is nice. I actually like 5 am too. That's so coincidental. Even tho music is subjective, there def is an overarching resonance in the collective consciousness lol

Been a year and a half and I'm still hoping for sound adjustment settings in this game. I play muted almost all the time because I have sensory processing disorder and am easily affected by noise, but sometimes I have to turn the volume up for fish. Can be genuinely painful depending on the hour.

5am is the only one I'll turn sound on for without needing to. It's so quiet and peaceful.

Been a year and a half and I'm still hoping for sound adjustment settings in this game. I play muted almost all the time because I have sensory processing disorder and am easily affected by noise, but sometimes I have to turn the volume up for fish. Can be genuinely painful depending on the hour.

5am is the only one I'll turn sound on for without needing to. It's so quiet and peaceful.

I would bring up your sensory processing disorder with Nintendo. This would give them a lot more incentive to add the option on top of thousands of people wanting to for personal reasons. I think they would start to realize that it's basically impractical not to at least have a sound adjustment option, and them adding something in that realm would at least get the ball rolling in the right direction, you know.

I’m with OP on this one. I just can’t with the NH music. It might be bc I’m highly sensitive but some tracks are downright unbearable for me, like 2pm, 5pm and 3am. I tried to use the website that plays hourly new leaf music according to the right hour but ofc I don’t have sounds there. I’d love to to switch off the music and only have sounds lol
That being said, tastes are different and ppl who love NH music are just as valid as ppl who dislike it ☺

Hate 3am so much lol.

I'm not as fond of the music in NH as in NL, though some of it is growing on me, and most of it I tune out. As with so many others, I would be very happy to be able to mute the music and keep the normal sounds of the waterfalls, etc.

Wow Ive had this game since launch and never heard 5am music… Then because of this thread I needed to look it up. It’s so pretty!! Most of the songs I don’t necessarily hate but I also don’t love. Now I love 5am! Really disappointing you can’t choose your own hourly playlist or something. I will likely never hear 5am organically in game

Imo, the NH music isn't really bad except for 2PM (which sounds really scratchy and irksome)

Although I really do like a feature to have the hourlies from the older games to be honest.

oh i feel this, some of the hourly music really annoys me or sometimes im not in the mood and i’d love to turn off the music but still have the villagers and nature sounds. or i just wanna listen to other things but i really don’t like playing with the sound completely muted. i was hoping they would add an option to turn off music with this update, ah ;(

oh i feel this, some of the hourly music really annoys me or sometimes im not in the mood and i’d love to turn off the music but still have the villagers and nature sounds. or i just wanna listen to other things but i really don’t like playing with the sound completely muted. i was hoping they would add an option to turn off music with this update, ah ;(

I knowww. They never listened to my request when I brought it up a few months ago smh... I brought it to their attention and I know they're aware of the demand. How could they not be when they got almost everything else on point? -Sigh- lol

I agree that 2pm song is pretty blah, but overall I am of the strong opinion that NH hourly songs are great. 5pm being the best one.

Ultimately an option to mute the music should obviously exist.

I don't mind the songs but I wish we had more options about them. I wanted to make an outdoor area to display my gyroids but they sound really muted under the music :(

I don't mind the songs but I wish we had more options about them. I wanted to make an outdoor area to display my gyroids but they sound really muted under the music :(

That's exactly what I thought when I put my gyroids outside my house for the first time. I was like "wtf I can't even hear them" lol

I wanted to make an outdoor area to display my gyroids but they sound really muted under the music
That's exactly what I thought when I put my gyroids outside my house for the first time
Maybe if you put a music player outside near the gyroids, it will override the hourly music so you can hear the gyroids better? Maybe several music players, turned all the way down to increase the range while minimizing the volume.

Maybe if you put a music player outside near the gyroids, it will override the hourly music so you can hear the gyroids better? Maybe several music players, turned all the way down to increase the range while minimizing the volume.

Hey, that's creative thinking right there. Thanks for this idea haha. I might actually try this. You know what I do instead? On all the rocks that you gotta hit to get stones/iron/gold/bells etc, I place a music player that plays Forest Life haha. Since I dedicate everyday to hustling in search of bells and sometimes gold, why not listen to music that I actually like while doing it while at the same time using the music to keep me in place so I can get the maximum bells/hits on the rock you know.

yes, it is really sad that we can't just mute the music... the only thing that i love is walking near the ocean and listen to the waves without the music... ;-;

Felt the same way about the music; to the point where my ears have learnt to ignore the music or at least try to. I very much enjoyed the music in New Leaf and you’re right that you could tell by ear what hour it was, since each hourly music was so unique

Back