• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The METAL thread! \m/

Earlier this month, I gave the Metal in My Heart album by Breforth a listen. I guess it’s a homage to ‘80s Metal music, particularly NWOBHM and Teutonic Thrash. The eponymous track is supposedly the band founder’s autobiography of his experience of Heavy Metal.

Last edited:
"Guardian" by Fates Warning is a song that delves into themes of personal struggle, salvation, and the power of memory. Throughout the lyrics, the song explores the experiences of individuals who are trapped in a world plagued by pain, darkness, and suffering. These individuals, represented as "guardians" and "entities," are entrusted with protecting and guiding others while facing their own internal battles.

In the first verse, the lyrics describe the existence of these guardians who endure a life defined by shadows and shame. They are the ones who have witnessed and experienced profound pain. The chorus expresses the protagonist's belief in these guardians and their ability to save and preserve his will. The plea to be remembered indicates a desire for acknowledgment and validation amid struggles and isolation.

The second verse introduces a character named Karen who has been trapped in eternal slumber, yet possesses a voice and a story waiting to be shared. The machine shooting sparks suggests a metaphorical awakening of the protagonist's emotions and desires, leading to a connection that touches his heart.

The post-chorus highlights a sense of helplessness and a longing for identity and purpose. The protagonist seeks answers and wonders about the entity or force that continually takes his life away, ultimately desiring liberation from the unknown boundaries that confine him.

The bridge speaks to a dream where the protagonist assumes the role of the listener, experiencing strength and fire within his own veins. Calling out the listener's name, he witnesses the pain and commits to being a guardian in return, suggesting an understanding of the cyclical nature of life and the interconnectedness of individuals.

The final verse acknowledges the sacrifices made by angels and the power they hold in strengthening the weak and the vulnerable. The mention of the "unborn" alludes to the potential for growth and transformation through penance and the lessons of lore. The chorus is repeated, emphasizing the plea for remembrance and salvation, while the outro echoes the protagonist's call for answers and salvation.

Overall, "Guardian" portrays a complex journey of personal transformation, seeking strength and connection in a world characterized by hardship and uncertainty. The song's lyrics emphasize the importance of memory, resilience, and the potential for redemption and growth.

This meaning interpretation was written by AI. Help improve it with your feedback.

What?

^Mushroomhead is a band I seriously need to explore more! I've heard some stuff by them but not enough!

Despite being aware of Mushroomhead since 2001, I've only bothered to listen to XX and XIII in all those 20+ years (I enjoy Mushroomhead, but just in small portions).

This band deserves alot more love imo.

Adema is another band whose singles I remember hearing a lot on the radio back in 2001-03. "Giving In" was the first one I heard, and my favorite:

Fun Fact: Mark Chavez is the half-brother of Jonathan Davis (Korn).

Last edited:
I forgot that Marilyn Manson had a birthday on the 5th (I'm not a big fan, so maybe that's why?). Dude turned 55. Happy belated birthday, Manson.

(Remember this song? Also, SMACKDOWN!)

Last edited:
It's Crono's 61st birthday, so now I have to feature some Venom too. I wanted to pick "Poison", since that's probably my favorite track from Welcome To Hell, but it has some profanity in it, so I went with "Sons Of Satan" instead (no problem though, as I also like this one!):

I'm happy, some of my favorite bands released new singles recently:
...the saxophone sounds amazing in a metal context.😀
...more great DF.🤘
...if this new single and their previous two are anything to go by, 'Invincible Shield' is going to be a hell of an album!

I've posted in this thread back in 2022, but like... Man, I was a ****ing poseur. I listened to popular songs like Chop Suey! and Master of Puppets and called myself a metalhead back then. 😭 Of course, I still love those two songs, but I've come a long way musically since then. I think it's safe to say I'm actually into metal now lmao.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't until early 2023 that I started really getting into metal. Actually, I got into System Of A Down around that time after my dad was playing "I-E-A-I-A-I-O", and I listened to it in my own time 'cause I thought it sounded cool. I started listening to other nu-metal artists like Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc. and I branched out to other sub-genres/artists, you get the point.

I don't want to make this post super long, so I'll just throw in a list of some metal artists I listen to, whether it be religiously or casually.
Some of these artists I've heard all or most of their discography, and others I only know them from one or two songs. I can't be bothered to differentiate them, though.

3 Inches Of Blood, Alexisonfire, Bullet For My Valentine, Decapitated, Deftones, Dethklok, Dragonforce, Drowning Pool, Hatebreed, Iron Maiden, Kataklysm, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth, Metallica, Mushroomhead, Pantera, Rammstein, Scars On Broadway, Slayer, Slipknot, System Of A Down, Three Days Grace.

Edit - Oh, and to actually have something to contribute to the metal discussion... Korn's Self-Titled album turns 30 in October! Crazy to think that the pioneers of nu-metal are almost in their third decade now.

Last edited:
I've posted in this thread back in 2022, but like... Man, I was a ****ing poseur. I listened to popular songs like Chop Suey! and Master of Puppets and called myself a metalhead back then. 😭 Of course, I still love those two songs, but I've come a long way musically since then. I think it's safe to say I'm actually into metal now lmao.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't until early 2023 that I started really getting into metal. Actually, I got into System Of A Down around that time after my dad was playing "I-E-A-I-A-I-O", and I listened to it in my own time 'cause I thought it sounded cool. I started listening to other nu-metal artists like Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc. and I branched out to other sub-genres/artists, you get the point.

I don't want to make this post super long, so I'll just throw in a list of some metal artists I listen to, whether it be religiously or casually.
Some of these artists I've heard all or most of their discography, and others I only know them from one or two songs. I can't be bothered to differentiate them, though.

3 Inches Of Blood, Alexisonfire, Bullet For My Valentine, Decapitated, Deftones, Dethklok, Dragonforce, Drowning Pool, Hatebreed, Iron Maiden, Kataklysm, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth, Metallica, Mushroomhead, Pantera, Rammstein, Scars On Broadway, Slayer, Slipknot, System Of A Down, Three Days Grace.

Edit - Oh, and to actually have something to contribute to the metal discussion... Korn's Self-Titled album turns 30 in October! Crazy to think that the pioneers of nu-metal are almost in their third decade now.
I'm loving the variety going on here! Some death metal, some nu metal...power metal...etc. Good stuff! Btw, if you ever want more information on a given sub-genre or suggestions, feel free to check out the MMA(MetalMusicArchives)...they have a forum there, too, if you ever feel like joining! The people there are pretty friendly and will be more than happy to help you out, give suggestions, etc. I'm a member there myself, actually(shameless plug ftw lol)!

Back