• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The media says he is the world's "sexiest politician"..... Its Trudeau.... ZING!

How do you rate Justin Trudeau's "hottness" on a scale from 1-10?

• Eww.....just ewww..... get away from me...

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • "Too Old"

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Meh.... I don't see it

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • He's okay....I guess....

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • comme ci comme ça

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He is actually kinda cute

• Yeah, maybe not the "hottest" but the "Top 5" probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daym.... I did a double take..... he is mighty fine!

• F*** THIS, I AM MOVING TO CANADA!!!!!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • OMG.....VOULEZ-VOUS COUCHER AVEC MOI?!?!?!?!

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

KiloPatches

Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Ancient Lantern
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
The media says he is the world's "sexiest politician"..... Its Trudeau.... ZING!

Okay, Okay, I understand the general diaspora of this forum, the age range, general doesn't care about politics much, never mind Canadian politics (I mean really, who would? Even Canadians....that's factual.... until THIS election....). But based on my observation, we can all unite under one thing: Who is Hot as well as other general pop-culture based things and contemporary hot-topics in social media. I decided to make a thread about this, because the 2015 Canadian Election took the world by storm (I mean for the most part, the world generally follows American politics and elections, and ignores other countries in general, but this election captured the world's attention. And the end result, with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau taking office, gave us some very, very, positive media publicity.

I want to set some ground rules for this thread:
  • I want it to be a casual fun discussion that EVERYONE can enjoy, no matter what your political leanings are. This is not a political discussion. Even if you aren't of age to vote, have no interest in politics, I just want this to be a celebration of one thing: That Canadians (particularly young adults) actually cared to make a commitment, to go out to the polls, and vote. This resulted in a wave of young people changing their Facebook profile picture with filters to indicate their commitment to vote, and encourage others to do the same. Basically, it came down to voting "anyone BUT Stephen Harper", who had been our PM for about a decade, and things had been very rough for us, to say the least. The voter turn out this election was higher (68%) than any election since 1997.... THAT is what I want to celebrate on this thread.... and if you don't care about that, then at least state your opinions on the hotness scale of what the media portrays our Prime Minister as
  • For those of you familiar with Canadian politics, or Harper, or the Conservatives, I ask that you PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING THE WORD "DICTATOR" OR "DICTATORSHIP" TO DESCRIBE HIM OR CANADA UNDER HIM. Yes, things were bad, but you must understand that there are people who reside in this country (or on this forum) who perhaps once lived in countries with ACTUAL dictatorships and experienced the true horrors of what that experience was like. It is highly insensitive to those individuals. Canada is a DEMOCRACY, always has been, even under Harper, not a Dictatorship, and to trump Canadian stereotypes, we are also not a Monarchy either.
  • REFRAIN FROM POLITICAL ARGUMENTS OR PERSONAL ATTACKS - This is a fun and friendly thread. Celebrating 1. A great voter turn out. And 2. (Well, you decide) Canada now has the "world's sexiest politician" for Prime Minister. will even go as far to admit I didn't even vote Liberal (Trudeau). I voted NDP. In fact, my entire city had the NDP majority. (Non-Canadians....that doesn't matter, and its irrelevant) But I am happy with the changes he is making. He seems pretty cool, and bada**. I gotta say. We can talk about those things (ie: he is a feminist, charismatic, a complete geek, philanthropic/activist) in the context that it makes him "sexier", sure, but we won't argue points over political disputes over the specific changes he is making. Fact is, the world loves him, and the world is basically loving Canada for it. There is a bit of hate or fear too from certain provinces, his father was PM, so now that makes it a "Dynasty"? Please.... just keep it friendly..... keep it fun.... keep it light-hearted, if you can.

Now that that is out of the way..... Here are some pics to evaluate if its.... "Trudeau"
(I am going to keep using that pun again and again till every single one of you get it....XD)

First, Justin Trudeau's article on "How to argue like a teenager on Twitter" while he was MP in 2014.
http://metacanada.ca/2014/01/guide-arguing-twitter-like-teenager-justin-trudeau/
Moreso, a guide on how to deal with haters. Its called Satyr.

So..... Pics, anyone?

Z1cNNrn.jpg
ud4D25a.jpg
uPw0bQ5.jpg
5YNgb5Y.jpg
mzeh0c5.jpg
DNBiY9d.jpg
EQyuDoI.jpg
xTB0fRX.jpg
bjUaoDk.jpg
v67R7sR.jpg
lASuoRY.jpg
8lOoGWk.jpg
VF7DTzc.jpg
Aiw4GjI.jpg
IJ5d2wD.jpg
VewKHWb.jpg
MJdwXCq.jpg
uMJIu1J.jpg
2KmcT3B.jpg
P5pXKtz.jpg
GmEVl6X.jpg
39fmtwQ.jpg

And then proceeded to Bhangra dance the night away.....again..... LIKE A BOSS.....
Being a Canadian Prime Minister........... You're doing it right.....
Seriously, being able to dance Bhangra should be like a pre-requisite for becoming a member of parliament or something....XD jks
http://youtu.be/R8ypraEielc ENJOY!!!!
EyPCKRi.jpg

Among other things..... Bringing in Syrian refugees...... Legalizing marijuana is apparently on the Liberal agenda, he has come out as a user himself.... He hs been PM for under a month....

Really, the opposing parties only offensive line they could come up with to attack his platform was "Justin Trudeau - Just Not Ready", what, as in ....yet? Like.... Vote for us NOW..... you can vote for Trudeau NEXT election..... LOL..... We got nuthin'.....

So again, reinforcing 2 things:
Let us celebrate that we had an awesome voter turn out..... no matter who Canadians voted for..... at least they went out and voted for once! Because many people credit the lack of voter turn out to the reason the Conservatives (Harper) stayed in power for so long in the first place.
And let me know your thoughts on the media's publicity on Justin Trudeau being the "world's hottest politician". Agree? Disgree?

These are more-so things TBT-ers of any age, country, gender, etc can relate to. I want to step back from the politics, step back from the debates and all that, which is less likely to draw appeal anyway, and more likely to cause personal attacks and get the thread closed. I just want a fun friendly discussion that everyone can enjoy and appreciate.

Your observation? This is a whole fangirl logbook.
Also, the world doesn't revolve around North-American countries their politics. Yes it's in the news, just like the politics of Syria are now on the news. They can choose a turtle to be president and I would not care as I live 6000km away from it. But no problem, I get it, you want to discover if other girls have the same idol as you by putting up this politics discussion thread which isn't even named to its purpose. If your purpose of this thread would seriously be discussing politics then you could at least be less subjective about this whole thing.

-unrelative mode off-

what about Ed miliband ?! guys he is by far the hottest politician around [well, he was anyway] XD

wow a "sexy" politician, this is about as practicably useful as obama being the "coolest" politician ever smh

I disagree.

Then again, I find it difficult to judge based on appearances. I'd probably like a few candid photos/videos of their interactions with the community around them before something in my mind clicks that they have an attractive personality to be attractive.

I think people look like maths or string of numbers.
I know the numbers people seem to like, but don't particularly like any number myself.

I'm not that fond of satire either. I think that people with a proper education or intend to present themselves to the public in a certain manner should not resort to immature means. Regardless of the medium, to earn respect, you must be respectful.

Just my opinion based on the content provided.

I think ed Miliband is the hottest politician and i'm sure vanessamay18 agrees!
I think he looks like my dad but even uglier

Personally I think he's meh. I understand why the media would hype him up because I guess he is better looking than any of our "recent" past Prime Ministers. But as a Canadian I didn't vote for him based on his looks, so this craze over him is kind of shallow and it doesn't sit well with me...

You might want to clarify what the French choices on your poll are btw...LOL

Personally I think he's meh. I understand why the media would hype him up because I guess he is better looking than any of our "recent" past Prime Ministers. But as a Canadian I didn't vote for him based on his looks, so this craze over him is kind of shallow and it doesn't sit well with me...

You might want to clarify what the French choices on your poll are btw...LOL

i only just noticed the French and i'm laughing omg

As a Canadian, the media isn't hyping him up; it's all the people online that are. Tumblr and such.
I do find him attractive, but I'm more excited about what he's going to do now that he's our Prime Minister.

He's already done more in a week than Harper did in ten years!

Back