• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Lopez Appreciation Thread

TN4U

Lone Wolf of the Starfields
Bells
Island
Wahu
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Hey, look! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? (wut)
Nope, it's...

🔥🦌🔥 LOPEZ THE ANTELOPE! 🔥🦌🔥

aka the only deer villager that's still not in Pocket Camp come on Nintendo
Lopez was finally added to Pocket Camp on September 15th YAY

Lopez Pose Cropped.jpg
Lopez.png
Lopez Profile Cropped.jpg

Lopez NH.png

"Always look both ways before crossing the street."
Leo_NookLink_Icon.svg

Birthday: August 20th

Who Is He?

Lopez is a smug "deer" villager first introduced in New Leaf. His name essentially refers to antelopes, animals that aren't actually deer but look similar to them. He's similar in appearance to a Thomson's gazelle. His catchphrase in NH is "badoom" (formerly "buckaroo"), and likes to read and study objects as his hobby.

Why Is He So Awesome?

As described by Nintendo themselves:

"If you’re looking for advice on how to be fabulous, don’t ask Lopez. It would be like asking a bunny how to be fluffy. Lopez doesn’t TRY to be fabulous - he just IS."

And he'll also tell you...

Lopez at the Roost.jpg

"Caught me on my coffee break, eh? Muy mucho bueno. Come, I'll talk to you about the cool musicians I've played with."

Simply put, this antelope deserves love. What has he done on your island?​

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever had Lopez on any of my islands, but I think I'll need to change that! Here's a picture of my King Buck and his assistant Lopez! 😀 He does look very different without his antlers!
2023081118161200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I don't think I've ever had Lopez on any of my islands, but I think I'll need to change that! Here's a picture of my King Buck and his assistant Lopez! 😀 He does look very different without his antlers!
He surprisingly doesn't look weird when they're hidden! I think Erik is the only one where his antlers are so big that he looks like a totally different villager with a hat on.

I gave Lopez a knit hat in gray, and he sometimes wears it when it's colder out on my island. He looks cool.

Hey, look! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? (wut)
Nope, it's...

🔥🦌🔥 LOPEZ THE ANTELOPE! 🔥🦌🔥
aka the only deer villager that's still not in Pocket Camp come on Nintendo

View attachment 505860 View attachment 505857 View attachment 505855

"Always look both ways before crossing the street."
Leo_NookLink_Icon.svg

August 20th

Who Is He?

Lopez is a smug "deer" villager first introduced in New Leaf. His name essentially refers to antelopes, animals that aren't actually deer but look similar to them. He's similar in appearance to a Thomson's gazelle. His catchphrase in NH is badoom, and likes to read and study objects as his hobby.

Why Is He So Awesome?

He'll tell you...

View attachment 505862

"Caught me on my coffee break, eh? Muy mucho bueno. Come, I'll talk to you about the cool musicians I've played with."

Simply put, this antelope deserves love. What has he done on your island?​
underrated fave!!! he has such a great design. i think because there's so many good deer to choose from he gets a bit lost in the jumble, but i am glad this year's camp devoted a little celebration to him. wild to hear about him not being in pocket camp yet, lol!!

i actually had him on my original acnh island and when i restarted i went with zell instead and found myself missing him a lot. just can't beat that smug, silly fuchsia eyeliner lad! luckily he appeared in my campsite recently so he was able to return home 🥰

underrated fave!!! he has such a great design. i think because there's so many good deer to choose from he gets a bit lost in the jumble, but i am glad this year's camp devoted a little celebration to him. wild to hear about him not being in pocket camp yet, lol!!

i actually had him on my original acnh island and when i restarted i went with zell instead and found myself missing him a lot. just can't beat that smug, silly fuchsia eyeliner lad! luckily he appeared in my campsite recently so he was able to return home 🥰
I love deer villagers. Pretty much all of them (except Dierdre) look awesome and cute to me. I still find it baffling that Lopez specifically isn't in Pocket Camp yet. A lot of people here like the guy; make it happen Nintendo! But yeah, at least he got quite a bit of attention during this year's Space Camp.

Zell's alright, but he just doesn't have the same charm that Lopez gives me. I'm currently writing a little story about Lopez joining a rock band (fronted by Bruce), and maybe I'll make more short stories about him, who knows? I'm always thinking of creative things.

I love his color scheme. I think it would be really cool if someone did special makeup replicate his look for cosplay or Halloween.

I'm 15 days late, but congrats to Lopez on finally making it to Pocket Camp! It was about time. Now all the Deer villagers can camp together in harmony!!!

I love how Nintendo acknowledges that Lopez is flippin' cool:

"If you’re looking for advice on how to be fabulous, don’t ask Lopez. It would be like asking a bunny how to be fluffy. Lopez doesn’t TRY to be fabulous - he just IS."

Back