• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

So........just because one game came out the whole of the TBT banner changes?

1300044776986.jpg

It's happened before. Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, and it'll happen again. Just ignore it if you don't like it, it'll disappear in a few days.

I actually don't know the game either. Since I don't remember when we had this banner, I can safely say that was in 2013.

that's from Super Mario 3D World, it introduced the abomination of the cat suit.

It's happened before. Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, and it'll happen again. Just ignore it if you don't like it, it'll disappear in a few days.

Can't just ignore it. Don't you know that people liking something that you don't is the leading cause of spontaneous combustion!?

It was 2013 and yeah, I agree with the catsuit being one of the worst Mario powerups ever. Both thematically and mechanically.

Looks ridiculous and the climbing function barely works.

Justin probably has a list or the old banners saved somewhere. I know we had banners for both versions of Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, one or two of the previous Pokemon games, and a few others I can't recall right now.

It was 2013 and yeah, I agree with the catsuit being one of the worst Mario powerups ever. Both thematically and mechanically.

Justin probably has a list or the old banners saved somewhere. I know we had banners for both versions of Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, one or two of the previous Pokemon games, and a few others I can't recall right now.

The first one I saw was Hyrule Warriors, back in September 2014. When I first saw that, I was wondering why there were characters in the banner.

Hope we get a Wooly World banner!
Yoshi deserves the luv

Are the different banners limited to video games only?

probably. video games are kind of important on this forum.
i guess therell different banners for events as well (like with the fair)

E: oh dang i was late on that lel

Last edited:
No, we typically decorate the banner for forum events as well.

I see now, but I was making a reference to Frozen since Justin likes Disney, but Disney isn't part of this site. It's all Animal Crossing and Nintendo, no Disney.

- - - Post Merge - - -

probably. video games are kind of important on this forum.
i guess therell different banners for events as well (like with the fair)

E: oh dang i was late on that lel

Two people can answer the same question.

I remember one of my banner edits (of Shrek) being used during the Shrekocalypse (that's what it was called, right?).

7Q6mHvQ.png

I'm not sure if we ended up using it or not but I still have that one lol

@Prof Gallows:

That's pretty cool. I wonder what the Frozen one would look like.

@Shrek:

Go away Shrek! Your power of making multiple sequels is making all of us cringe.

What are you talking about!? The cat suit was OP! :(

I can agree that it looks ridiculous, but the climbing worked really well and the pounce maneuver was fun.

So um... I never knew you could change the title of a thread by double clicking on it.

2v0GSDq.png

THAT'S LIKE SO MUCH EASIER

Back