The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I was wondering, is it an offense to make a false bid and inflate the price on a villager being auctioned off? I thought I saw someone do this for a top-tier villager (possibly out of dislike for that particular villager, or just as a joke), but I'm not a hundred percent sure, and don't have any real proof that this was their intention. However, I had seen a previous post by that user stating her dislike of that villager.
Am I asking this in the wrong place? ^^;

Not trying to blacklist or anything, I'd just like to know since it doesn't seem very fair to other users genuinely seeking the villager. In this particular case I saw the only other bidder paying an extra few mil in order to make the final bid and win the villager. But again, it's an assumption and I don't have any solid proof.

Is there a way to cycle icons much like you can cycle your signatures?

I know signavatar has a setting for it, but can it be done on this thread.

Last edited:
Is there a way to cycle icons much like you can cycle your signatures?

I know signavatar has a setting for it, but can it be done on this thread.

Nope.

Not trying to blacklist or anything, I'd just like to know since it doesn't seem very fair to other users genuinely seeking the villager. In this particular case I saw the only other bidder paying an extra few mil in order to make the final bid and win the villager. But again, it's an assumption and I don't have any solid proof.

I'm not an AC authority here, or i'd give you an answerr.

I'm going to go ahead an answer this because I am a cycler and I have dealt with bidding in the past, if I am out of line please let me know

Honestly, it is up to the OP in the end if they want to accept a bid or not. If they don't know the history of said bidder they will probably just accept it however going to inform them in any way is consider blacklisting. There is really nothing that can be done, and if the winning bidder was willing to shell out the extra bells there is really no harm or foul. You can in the future decide not to take bids from any bidder, there is no black and white rule that you have to accept a bidder or an adopter.

Personally, I don't sell my villagers, but I know people who do. I would say just leave it alone and if you don't wish to deal with that person in the future in your own posts, politely decline.

Le shrug.

Best advice I can give,
sorry if I was out of line.

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead an answer this because I am a cycler and I have dealt with bidding in the past, if I am out of line please let me know

Honestly, it is up to the OP in the end if they want to accept a bid or not. If they don't know the history of said bidder they will probably just accept it however going to inform them in any way is consider blacklisting. There is really nothing that can be done, and if the winning bidder was willing to shell out the extra bells there is really no harm or foul. You can in the future decide not to take bids from any bidder, there is no black and white rule that you have to accept a bidder or an adopter.

Personally, I don't sell my villagers, but I know people who do. I would say just leave it alone and if you don't wish to deal with that person in the future in your own posts, politely decline.

Le shrug.

Best advice I can give,
Okay, thanks for the input. :) I wasn't participating in the auction but it's the first time I've seen something like that; just seemed kind of iffy to me.

Edit: Looks like it's just as well I didn't do anything about it; seems I misinterpreted the user's sarcasm and she was really interested in the villager after all. xD; My bad.

Last edited:

Le shrug.

Best advice I can give,

Nope. You're good. Thanks.

I was wondering if the site's daily bank interest ever increases from 0.1%? :p

Last edited:
is it true you can't open spoilers on mobile? I opened spoilers on mobile but people say you can't.

Might depend on the mobile platform and coding for the internet app. Some stuff like that is strange.

Is there a limit to the number of positive wifi ratings you can have? I just received a rating but it didn't seem to tip me over to 200. =o

Is there a limit to the number of positive wifi ratings you can have? I just received a rating but it didn't seem to tip me over to 200. =o

It might be because someone who left you feedback before gave you feedback again. The same thing happened to me a while back. You have 288 when I look at your profile anyway.

Last edited:
It might be because someone who left you feedback before gave you feedback again. You have 288 when I look at your profile anyway.

I didn't even check (mod of the year here guys). That makes sense, sorry.

It might be because someone who left you feedback before gave you feedback again. The same thing happened to me a while back. You have 288 when I look at your profile anyway.
Ohh ok, thanks for letting me know. I was looking at the number directly under my avatar and wondering why it wouldn't budge, but two more people just left me ratings (one of whom had already rated me before) and it only went up by one, so that makes sense. Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't even check (mod of the year here guys). That makes sense, sorry.
That's ok! Thanks for trying to check with Jeremy. =)

I would like to use a site such as gaiatools to randomly cycle through avatars, will I need to purchase the avatar animation?

I would like to use a site such as gaiatools to randomly cycle through avatars, will I need to purchase the avatar animation?

EDIT: You cannot have cycling avatars. I already asked.

I read signatures sorry.

Last edited:
I want to draw art for people to get my catalog filled...where would I put a thread like that?

Back