The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

We've never allowed users to use HTML coding as its too easy to abuse. If you want to use that for your signature, you can always use the BB code!

Ah, I figured. I thought the table/column template in the sig guide was BB code, but then I wasn't sure because it keeps breaking the preview.

Quick question about the new AC Switch board: Could it be that you don't get TBTs when you make
posts there? Because I made a thread and saw that I didn't got any TBT for it. Is this normal or...?

I never knew people would abuse HTML coding.

People will abuse anything. With HTML comes JavaScript (which from my tests on another vBulletin website can be used when HTML is on), allowing you to do literally whatever you please, ranging from collecting sensitive information such as login credentials to forcing people off the website entirely.

Quick question about the new AC Switch board: Could it be that you don't get TBTs when you make
posts there? Because I made a thread and saw that I didn't got any TBT for it. Is this normal or...?

It’s normal for new boards to not pay TBT Bells for posting or thread creation. When they fix that, you’ll get paid TBT Bells for posting.

I remember that they used to not do this for the Happy Home Designer board until a few nonths after.

I know there is a signature height limit, but is there any specific limit to the height of signature contents inside spoilers?

I know there is a signature height limit, but is there any specific limit to the height of signature contents inside spoilers?

No. I’m not saying that you are free to make an extremely long signature inside a spoiler, but they said that spoilers are best to reduce signature height.

Hey, I'm new here and would like to set a custom avatar. It says it allows a maximum of 100x100 pixels. Does it automatically scale to picture down or do I have to do it myself? I'm kinda confused because I saw the rule for the signature height and that has to be done manually.

Hey, I'm new here and would like to set a custom avatar. It says it allows a maximum of 100x100 pixels. Does it automatically scale to picture down or do I have to do it myself? I'm kinda confused because I saw the rule for the signature height and that has to be done manually.

It automatically scales down, but there is a file size limit. If it exceeds the file size, no matter how big the picture is, you can?t upload it.

Last edited:
Is there something about the Animal Crossing GC board in particular that attracts bots? It seems to be the one that gets infested the most, alongside Brewster's Caf?.

I don't know why it's taken me four years to come around to asking this but is there any way you guys can enable drafts as a posting feature on the forum? I'm no vBulletin expert but I've been on a number of forums that have the feature!

I know google docs is a thing but I feel like for multi-quoting and being able to preview it's convenient to have drafts integrated into the forum.

I don't know why it's taken me four years to come around to asking this but is there any way you guys can enable drafts as a posting feature on the forum? I'm no vBulletin expert but I've been on a number of forums that have the feature!

I know google docs is a thing but I feel like for multi-quoting and being able to preview it's convenient to have drafts integrated into the forum.

this idea should be it's own thread tbh

What does it mean when in the TBT transactions page it says "post" and then "spent 1.5 bells", even though I haven't made a transaction in over a week.

Bluelady
Have you edited one of your posts recently? It may be readjusting the amount of bells you got for it.

Last edited:
Back