• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I recently purchased a username change but when I go to the Contact the Staff Board, the category for username changes doesn't appear. What do I need to do to change my username?
Screenshot_2018_04_01_at_8_07_43_PM.png
Thanks for any help :)

would it be alright if I started a thread for Smash Bros Melee friendlies using Dolphin Netplay if I don't provide any info on how to get illegal ROMs?
I don’t think that would be okay personally.

I have a question I bought the username change item and have already made a thread in contact the staff. how many days does it take till the name get changed into the new one?
They will take some time, it depends on when an admin has time to get to them.

I have a stuck VM notification. The VM was deleted by the other user so it can't be deleted, yet I still have a notification that I have a new VM.
Do you still have this notification stuck or have newer notifications fixed this?

I know that there is a Bunny day event. But is there normally an April fool's day event also. (I still haven't been here a year...)
Sometimes? I’ll be honest, I don’t remember if there was stuff before last year.

Does the tree change to Cherry Blossoms?
Eventually

I recently purchased a username change but when I go to the Contact the Staff Board, the category for username changes doesn't appear. What do I need to do to change my username?
Screenshot_2018_04_01_at_8_07_43_PM.png
Thanks for any help :)
That is weird, I see the options for those but your screenshot doesn’t. I’ll let an admin know, thank you!

Do you still have this notification stuck or have newer notifications fixed this?

Sorry for the late response, Tom. The notification is still stuck, and newer notifications haven't helped. When I get a new notification, it says I have 2 notifications.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late response, Tom. The notification is still stuck, and newer notifications haven't helped. When I get a new notification, it says I have 2 notifications.

I've hard deleted both VMs that were soft deleted previously. Did that fix it?

Apologies if this is answered else where, I’ve checked the FAQs but that didn’t specifically answer my query. I have just become aware of the TBT system, eggs, sea shells etc. I won two eggs in the hunt and that was really cool. I looked at my currency and on some posts I have “spent” Bells. This seems like an infraction penalty.

I know from the FAQ some of the post types that are frowned on; but why are some other posts penalised? It seems like there may be a penalty for editing? Is there a complate list of things to avoid? Thank you.

Apologies if this is answered else where, I’ve checked the FAQs but that didn’t specifically answer my query. I have just become aware of the TBT system, eggs, sea shells etc. I won two eggs in the hunt and that was really cool. I looked at my currency and on some posts I have “spent” Bells. This seems like an infraction penalty.

I know from the FAQ some of the post types that are frowned on; but why are some other posts penalised? It seems like there may be a penalty for editing? Is there a complate list of things to avoid? Thank you.

You don't have any infractions and aren't doing anything wrong with your posts, don't worry! What you're seeing is a recalculation that happens as a result of post editing. Jake explained this a while back so I'll just quote his post since he explains it pretty well:

When you edit a post it recalculates the bells as if it were a new post.

Say you make a post and gain 5 bells. You then decide to edit your post. When you edit your post you will lose all the bells from the post, but once you hit "save" you'll gain the amount for your new post. So if you made your post shorter you'll get less bells, so you'll lose them, but if you made it longer you'll actually gain bells.

TL;DR - it's a recalculation. And you'll lose/gain bells depending on whether you shorten/lengthen your original post.

I know it can be confusing, but rest assured you're not actually losing bells or being penalized.

:)

Jeremy explained it earlier:

Unfortunately anything you lost in that short period is gone, but there shouldn't be any issues after that. It turns out that the people who manage the server were moving stuff to a different one without notifying me when it would take place. Sorry for the inconvenience there, but there shouldn't be any reoccurring issues like we had a couple months ago.

Hi! I have a question regarding the search function on this website. Is there any way to skip directly to the term I searched within a thread? For example, if I search a term and click on a result, a thread, I have to click through all the thread's pages just to find that term. Is there an easier way to go about this? As in, a quicker way to find the term I searched for?

Hi! I have a question regarding the search function on this website. Is there any way to skip directly to the term I searched within a thread? For example, if I search a term and click on a result, a thread, I have to click through all the thread's pages just to find that term. Is there an easier way to go about this? As in, a quicker way to find the term I searched for?

If you search single content type in posts, scroll lower down on the search page, you should have the option to view results displayed either as threads, or as posts. Choose view as posts, then the individual posts containing your search results will display on the results page and you can click on them to expand the view.

would it be alright if I started a thread for Smash Bros Melee friendlies using Dolphin Netplay if I don't provide any info on how to get illegal ROMs?

We essentially allow this in a different way in the City Folk board through the use of wiimmifi so it would be okay as long as you don?t post any details on how to download ROMs etc...

I have only managed to get in to the Bell shop which opens automatically when I open “shop”. I can’t get the seashell shop to open on my iPad. It expands then contracts then highlights the word shack above the open icon, but doesn’t open. Have you had any feedback from any other iPad users regarding this? Any tips?

***Edited to say: I did manage to get the seashell shop to open. I didn’t do anything differently this time. I’ll leave the above here in case there is something that can be done or in case other iPad users have had difficulties too.***

Last edited:
I remember that if a word or phrase is censored in the user title, it's censored for a reason. Even if it's not generally inappropriate or offensive. I also remember that if a censored word in the user title is censored, the reason why will never be shared publicly.

I won't ask why they felt that some words don't belong in user titles, but a question I have to ask is why wouldn't they tell us why a word is censored in a user title? Is it because it's some privileged information, or is it because if they explained why a word is censored in user titles, the regular members would get rebellious or something?

Last edited:
I remember that if a word or phrase is censored in the user title, it's censored for a reason. Even if it's not generally inappropriate or offensive. I also remember that if a censored word in the user title is censored, the reason why will never be shared publicly.

I won't ask why they felt that some words don't belong in user titles, but a question I have to ask is why wouldn't they tell us why a word is censored in a user title? Is it because it's some privileged information, or is it because if they explained why a word is censored in user titles, the regular members would get rebellious or something?

Haha, I definitely wouldn't call it "privileged" information. It's moreso that if we shared our reasons for censoring specific words certain people would likely find it funny to figure out imaginative ways to get around it, and we know wild children will be wild children. Just don't want to create more work for ourselves if we can help it.

will my wifi rating ever go back to 100% or will it stay like this for the rest of my life

(like with more new positive ratings or something)

Back