The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

American schooling taught me that.

tumblr_lxf3k3l4ot1qdrfnmo1_400.png

I'll have you know that I think it's silly when americans call booky learning establishments "school".

Yes, I'm pretty sure we allow them now as you cannot convert the points into real life currency.

Make sure the link you are using on here is one that goes straight to the image and not some kind of preview embedded on the website. If all else fails, just uses Imgur with the [IMG]link here[/IMG] tags to display it on the forum.
Thanks Gandalf. I'll try that and see if it works... and if not, I'll go with Imgur.

Would it be okay for me to make a Pokemon Challenge thread separate from the Pokemon General thread? It would allow people to record their challenges without them getting buried by other Pokemon posts and by having the rules for different challenges all in the first post it should prevent people just posting to ask for the rules. As part of this would it be okay for people taking part in a challenge to link to YouTube videos (or potentially Tumblr posts) which document their challenge as longs as they gave a short description of what happened in that update, so that these links could be put under spoilers so that people can more easily keep up to date on their own or someone else's challenge. But I understand if that last part isn't allowed.

Would it be okay for me to make a Pokemon Challenge thread separate from the Pokemon General thread? It would allow people to record their challenges without them getting buried by other Pokemon posts and by having the rules for different challenges all in the first post it should prevent people just posting to ask for the rules. As part of this would it be okay for people taking part in a challenge to link to YouTube videos (or potentially Tumblr posts) which document their challenge as longs as they gave a short description of what happened in that update, so that these links could be put under spoilers so that people can more easily keep up to date on their own or someone else's challenge. But I understand if that last part isn't allowed.

I don't see why not

which tbt mod should i pm about my tbt trading issues? ;____;

Okay, I just wanted to check just in case it would get merged with Pokemon General. I'll make it tomorrow then.

Don't worry, I always make an announcement before I do any changes to a stuck thread. You can make your thread and if it gets popular and big enough I'll stick it for you.

which tbt mod should i pm about my tbt trading issues? ;____;

Did you send in a report for it?

Don't worry, I always make an announcement before I do any changes to a stuck thread. You can make your thread and if it gets popular and big enough I'll stick it for you.

Did you send in a report for it?
no but i wanna ask when i should actually report for it
'cuz the person.. comes on and off every few days based on what ive checked
so im not sure if i should report right away for not completing the trade asap or wait a few days before doing so

no but i wanna ask when i should actually report for it
'cuz the person.. comes on and off every few days based on what ive checked
so im not sure if i should report right away for not completing the trade asap or wait a few days before doing so

uhhh.. I guess that's up to you then. Your best bet is to send in a report whenever you feel like is the best time so all of us can see it and whoever knows how to deal with it best will deal with it and probably contact you about it.

uhhh.. I guess that's up to you then. Your best bet is to send in a report whenever you feel like is the best time so all of us can see it and whoever knows how to deal with it best will deal with it and probably contact you about it.

ooooo thanks :lemon: ill give the person a few days before i snitch thnxagain

Is there any possibility we could get a Mobile Gaming Board in the Gamer's Lounge?

Is there any possibility we could get a Mobile Gaming Board in the Gamer's Lounge?

No. Mobile gaming is a disgusting stain on the gaming industry and needs to go away ASAP.

Probably not, I'd just classify it under general gaming.

No. Mobile gaming is a disgusting stain on the gaming industry and needs to go away ASAP.

Probably not, I'd just classify it under general gaming.

Eh, I agree with that mostly (with all those greedy microtransactions, EUGH), but there is still a solid fanbase for many iOS and Android platforms. And with the way the world is heading, I don't think they'll go away any time soon, really.

Eh, I agree with that mostly (with all those greedy microtransactions, EUGH), but there is still a solid fanbase for many iOS and Android platforms. And with the way the world is heading, I don't think they'll go away any time soon, really.

I know, I wasn't really using my opinion as an excuse to not have a board.

I agree though. It's not going to go anywhere because of the ease of access and the ease of play. A major chunk of the mobile gaming platform in western countries are really young kids and they're growing up to expect things to be like mobile games. When they get old enough to play console games they are hit with a sack of bricks because of the extreme quality and difficulty slope going from mobile to console. My opinion on that is a negative one. If kids grow up to expect games to be like mobile games the demand for quality console games might decrease. But hey, EA is already pretty much the mobile gaming equivalent for consoles so it may not be that far into the future.

I know, I wasn't really using my opinion as an excuse to not have a board.

I agree though. It's not going to go anywhere because of the ease of access and the ease of play. A major chunk of the mobile gaming platform in western countries are really young kids and they're growing up to expect things to be like mobile games. When they get old enough to play console games they are hit with a sack of bricks because of the extreme quality and difficulty slope going from mobile to console. My opinion on that is a negative one. If kids grow up to expect games to be like mobile games the demand for quality console games might decrease. But hey, EA is already pretty much the mobile gaming equivalent for consoles so it may not be that far into the future.

There are a few independent companies that make quality mobile games, but the availability is limited due to a price tag put on them. I just thought I'd throw it out since a large percentage of members probably own a smartphone with all of those awful little games. I appreciate the feedback at least! Are any of the 3rd party future consoles ever going to be included if they get popular enough?

Back