The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but... Well I bought the animated avatar thing and none of the gifs I used worked. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it take a different file or what?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but... Well I bought the animated avatar thing and none of the gifs I used worked. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it take a different file or what?

What is the size of the avatar you are trying to use? Both dimensions and file size. And are you trying to upload it or are you using a direct link?

What do seashells do and will we be able to use them in the near future?

Seashells are for new users (and old ones that joined after November 2015 iirc when Welcome Bells were shut down), which can be redeemed for items from Kapp'n's Seaside Shop.

How do you make small spoilers? Some people have spoilers at a width less than half of the original length. o.o

How do you make small spoilers? Some people have spoilers at a width less than half of the original length. o.o

You can do so using table, for example like this:
HTML:
[table="width: 350]
[tr]
[td][spoiler=example]Hello[/spoiler][/td]	
[/tr][/table]

It will turn out like this:
[table="width: 350]
[tr]
[td]
Hello
[/td]
[/tr][/table]
Just adjust the width to the length you desire c:

How do you get collectables?
I see them in the shop but they are all out of sale.

Restocks come and go, you'll just need to keep an eye out. Most tend to be accompanied by forum events like Directs, so definitely watch then. There should be a few Collectibles that never sale out for sale right now however.

Restocks come and go, you'll just need to keep an eye out. Most tend to be accompanied by forum events like Directs, so definitely watch then. There should be a few Collectibles that never sale out for sale right now however.

I should said some of them. I see some of them reselling for big prices, is it possible to tell when a restock is going to happen?
Thanks

I should said some of them. I see some of them reselling for big prices, is it possible to tell when a restock is going to happen?
Thanks

We tend to give a little warning on when restocks will be, whether it's the exact time or just a date. Keep an eye on the The Bulletin Board for an idea on when restocks may come.

Am I blind or did the 'Today's Birthdays' section disappear near the bottom of the home page?

Am I blind or did the 'Today's Birthdays' section disappear near the bottom of the home page?

pretty sure the homepage only displays birthdays of members with recent forum activity (not sure what timeframe, perhaps a year? maybe less).
now and then a date comes where none of the member birthdays are for recently active members. (the forum calendar has the full list of birthdays each day)...

Back