The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

How am i supposed to work on it fi i lock it?

You can ready your thread on a word document or alternatively go to another thread that you've made before and edit a post and use that as a template for your shop thread while your thread is locked and you're waiting for post-merge to pass.

ok, well the same person did it agan so i gave them a negative wifi rating, guess i'll keep editing on my second thread and then make a thrid for it

I have no idea how to make a poll in a thread. Can anyone help please? :)

when you are creating your original post starting the new thread, scroll down and there is an option for adding a poll-- you have to decide at that point how many poll choices will be included. click that, then submit the thread, it will take you to a new screen for filling in the poll title and poll choices, and for selecting whether it will be a public or private poll and whether there will be a deadline...

What are items? How do you get them? Are they stickers? -w-
If you mean the pixels you can see below members avatars, they're called collectibles and can be bought from the shop using bell tree bells or bought and trades from other members in the tbt marketplace.

What's vming and how do you do it?

VMs, or Visitor Messages, can be found on your profile and you can active them/deactivate them as you please. To VM, you just have to type up and post a message on a profile; kind of like how you normally post in a thread. Just as a small side note, if you want to respond to someone, don't post on your profile; post on the person's profile you're responding to. That way they'll get a notification about it.

Last edited:
does tbtf still not do permabans ?? or have there been some really really special cases in which a permaban has happened?
and i guess bans for like a year or 2 effectively count as permanent so we can include those if no actual "permaban" has happened~

does tbtf still not do permabans ?? or have there been some really really special cases in which a permaban has happened?
and i guess bans for like a year or 2 effectively count as permanent so we can include those if no actual "permaban" has happened~
I don't think permabans are a thing yet and the longest bans are usually 6 months, but it's up to the mod/admins discretion.

What makes you spend bells and earn them? like I look at the log or whatever and it says I earned 5.6 bells and then I spent all these bells and I didn't even buy anything?

What makes you spend bells and earn them? like I look at the log or whatever and it says I earned 5.6 bells and then I spent all these bells and I didn't even buy anything?

You gain bells by posting. But when it says you lose bells from posting, this basically explains it:
When you edit a post it recalculates the bells as if it were a new post.
Say you make a post and gain 5 bells. You then decide to edit your post. When you edit your post you will lose all the bells from the post, but once you hit "save" you'll gain the amount for your new post. So if you made your post shorter you'll get less bells, so you'll lose them, but if you made it longer you'll actually gain bells.

TL;DR - it's a recalculation. And you'll lose/gain bells depending on whether you shorten/lengthen your original post.

Last edited:
Stupid question, but how can you check the dates of your collectables?

as Tom mentioned hovering over them with the mouse works; but-- that's only if you received the item from somebody else. to check shop date on collectibles displayed by the original owner, you have to go to their userpage and click on their shop tab,,,

as Tom mentioned hovering over them with the mouse works; but-- that's only if you received the item from somebody else. to check shop date on collectibles displayed by the original owner, you have to go to their userpage and click on their shop tab,,,

So what you're saying is that the date of a collectible I received from someone else is the day they bought it, not the day I reviewed it from them?

So what you're saying is that the date of a collectible I received from someone else is the day they bought it, not the day I reviewed it from them?

that's correct-- even tho the description makes it sound like its the day they gave it to you, the date is actually the original shop purchase date

Back