The Harvest Moon Discussion Thread!

I just ordered Magical Melody on amazon. Anything you'd like to tell me before I dive into the game?

I just ordered Magical Melody on amazon. Anything you'd like to tell me before I dive into the game?

I don't know about everyone else, but I had a glitch in my game where the dog would walk through the wall every day. If this happens to you, just go outside and back in and the dog comes back. It scared the crap out of me when if happened the first time.

Also, don't get the town plot.

Hey everybody! i am fairly new to Harvest Moon. I fell in love the SNES version. When i got to play it, it had this great vibe to it. It really taught me about the series since it was the first. I have no clue about the DS versions besides Rune Factory, so can anyone recommend any DS ones?

Hey everybody! i am fairly new to Harvest Moon. I fell in love the SNES version. When i got to play it, it had this great vibe to it. It really taught me about the series since it was the first. I have no clue about the DS versions besides Rune Factory, so can anyone recommend any DS ones?

Out of all the DS ones, I would probably go with Harvest Moon DS or DS for girl. It has a lot of glitches, but it's also the closest to the one for the SNES. Grand Bazaar is also okay, but it's also really different than most Harvest Moons.

Well, my favourite game was Island of Happiness! I went for Vaughn, of course! Hehehe. The first time round, I found the game challenging, especially making enough money to develop the Island! So I didn't enjoy it as much. I recently picked up the game again and found it actually pretty easy! I hated looking after the animals each day... it made the game really repetitive to me. I'd always lose in the events... ; u ;
So
many bad points, but I still liked the game!! xD
Rune Factory was much better, purely because I enjoy fantasy style games.

Harvest moon DS and Harvest moon CUTE were my favourites! I couldn't stand any of the games after those as it adapted a new overall look :(

Harvest moon DS and Harvest moon CUTE were my favourites! I couldn't stand any of the games after those as it adapted a new overall look :(

Harvest Moon should really just go back to the cel-shaded art style of Save the Homeland.

Harvest Moon should really just go back to the cel-shaded art style of Save the Homeland.

That was the one for the PS2, right? Yeah, I've never played that before.. Being born in the 90s I was only given the choice between a PS2 or a Gamecube :(

I know it's months and months old, but I'd like to bump this thread back up for discussion of games and all that jazz

Getting back into ANB, anyone else?

i am a little.
im a bit dismayed that i have to wait until the next year to unlock my bae because i went through the first 2 months too fast and cant get chamomile to make stupid bushes for the town renovation #2 ):

thats why i havent been playing so much anymore

Last edited:
i am a little.
im a bit dismayed that i have to wait until the next year to unlock my bae because i went through the first 2 months too fast and cant get chamomile to make stupid bushes for the town renovation #2 ):

thats why i havent been playing so much anymore

I think you can trade some of that? I stocked up on a bunch of stuff, I might have spare chamomile.

Getting back into ANB, anyone else?

I've been playing it obsessively for the past few days. But I think you (and others in the IRC) already know that. :p

I started playing New Years Day but didn't put much time into it until I finished some other games last week. On Fall 22, Yr 1 at the moment. Just unlocked town restoration plan 3.

I think you can trade some of that? I stocked up on a bunch of stuff, I might have spare chamomile.

i heard you could trade but im not sure how to right now. if you have xtra i would really appreciate it. !

Back