• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The Harvest Moon Discussion Thread!

Hey guys! I just got the game today! I'm currently saving all my bees/logs/honeycombs/bricks/camamile (spelling? Phone seems to be wrong)! I'm curious if I should save other things for near-in-the-future projects? Also! Feel free to add me to your 3DS :D PM me and I'll add you as well! (sorry if there are spelling/spacing errors, my phone is unreliable).

I'm currently moving stuff around.
I've gotten past Town Plan #3!
So my town is abit bigger now.
I have 2 town areas!
The original one that you start with and the one to the left of the lower part of the original one.

Anyway, I'm working on both parts of town.
I'm also on Town Plan #4!
Gahhhh the Gardening shows and Foliage Festival!
What a pain.......
I can't even keep my Trees in the town areas cut down with all the crops and animals I have to tend to!

I'm on #4 as well, and UGH 30 yams and 30 potatoes... seeing as you can only buy yam seeds in fall, I have to wait until Year 2 Fall! :(

Hey guys! I just got the game today! I'm currently saving all my bees/logs/honeycombs/bricks/camamile (spelling? Phone seems to be wrong)! I'm curious if I should save other things for near-in-the-future projects? Also! Feel free to add me to your 3DS :D PM me and I'll add you as well! (sorry if there are spelling/spacing errors, my phone is unreliable).

If you go fishing and get bottles, save the heck out of them! At least get 5 for the cloth maker but do your best to get more for other machines. Save all small rocks, rocks, and black rocks. Small lumber, lumber, and black lumber. Save a bit of each herb you find (at least 10-20 each) Keep them in your fridge for safe keeping. Save bee's for bee keeping in the beehives you'll make with honeycombs. When you open the mine, save all the items you get from it until you know that you are absolutely done needing them for town renovations or item making. Save all glass stone and all types of ore as well. Bottom line: hoard like....everything.

I'm on #4 as well, and UGH 30 yams and 30 potatoes... seeing as you can only buy yam seeds in fall, I have to wait until Year 2 Fall! :(

Yams :( I'm literally in the same boat as you. Well at least this gives me time to obtain more gold ore for my future hubbies home.

Last edited:
If you go fishing and get bottles, save the heck out of them! At least get 5 for the cloth maker but do your best to get more for other machines. Save all small rocks, rocks, and black rocks. Small lumber, lumber, and black lumber. Save a bit of each herb you find (at least 10-20 each) Keep them in your fridge for safe keeping. Save bee's for bee keeping in the beehives you'll make with honeycombs. When you open the mine, save all the items you get from it until you know that you are absolutely done needing them for town renovations or item making. Save all glass stone and all types of ore as well. Bottom line: hoard like....everything.

Yams :( I'm literally in the same boat as you. Well at least this gives me time to obtain more gold ore for my future hubbies home.

Thanks! I just got my cow (and bought another cow) and am around day 12(?). I'm excited to start building things and getting chickens and such! I think I really want that storage shed or whatever for all these materials TT_TT they take up too much space in my inventory.

The gardening festival is a huge pain. ._. I've been neglecting it for awhile. Working on finishing the buildings for #3. Have everything done except for the Inn. I'm not a huge fan of how the mine works... D: I wish I could just go in, smash rocks, and descend floors like in the good old days. :3

@PapaNer: Welcome aboard, friend! :D I'd also recommend collecting small branches, mint, small rocks, and small material stone. If you want to cut down those pesky evergreens and get lumber (which you will need later) as well as to clear space in your town, make sure that when Rebecca comes to town (late spring) you get iron needed to upgrade both your hammer and axe. Make sure you talk to the blacksmith as well. If you befriend her you'll receive blueprints to upgrade your tools. An easy dish to cook for her is mushroom soup. :)

I read about yams in fall, I am in fall and have no yams! When/where do I get them?

By the way, how do I go about this gardening festival? I can't even fit the plot in my town! D:

I'm certain yams can be bought in year two or later at the general store. Unless it's possible to somehow win the seeds in a festival or something.

As for the gardening festival, it's a matter of chopping down trees and moving things around. Roads are usually problematic when it comes to placing larger lots. You should be able to fit it in the area where Dunhill's house is first placed (if you move the blacksmith's house). Or you can wait until you complete the second restoration plan and place it somewhere in the newly opened town area. There's a bunch of added space there once you get around to cutting down some trees. :lemon:

Saving Gold Ore?
I assume it's for Sanjay and Amir's place.

Yeah, I have all the potatos needed and I'm waiting for Fall for yam seeds.
Luckily for me, I'm in year 2 on my main file.

My gardening show was a half of a success, I got 2000 G. :p I had 2 wooden benches, 2 cow statues, wooden fencing surrounding the entire square and 4 bushes.

1/3 Gardening Shows won!
I won a gardening show with 48x Lattice Fence! It actually worked!
Next time I need to save up for Hay Bales and see if they work too.

Hints: Do not use any items from previous Gardening Show in the next one!
Try using the 48x Lattice Fence for yourself!
Try themed items! Because someone told me there are bonuses for themed items.

I wish I had cut down all my branches and rocks when I got them. I now have 97 branches and 88 rocks to smash apart. x.x

For cows, should I fence them in completely so they only stay in that area? Also, do you let them out every day?

For cows, should I fence them in completely so they only stay in that area? Also, do you let them out every day?

Animals don't really move around that much in all honesty. You can if you want but it won't cause too much of an impact.

As far as letting them out goes: it's good to get into the habit of letting them out. Daily is a terrible chore, though. I'd go for every few days/twice a week/or even once a week (on sunny days). If you have the patience to let them out everyday -- go for it! :D Or once you get a bell...then everything is wonderful. <3

Animals don't really move around that much in all honesty. You can if you want but it won't cause too much of an impact.

My cows sometimes go out of the fence, but my chickens always end up outside my fence. :\ Before I fenced it, my chickens would be all around my farm and it was so annoying to try and find them.

I wish I had cut down all my branches and rocks when I got them. I now have 97 branches and 88 rocks to smash apart. x.x

You can select the 97 branches in your rucksack, choose 'place' and place all 97. that way, with one smash, all 97 branches will turn into lumber. Same goes for rocks ;)

Huh...what is the nature of your animals? All of mine are gentle and they don't move around all that much. My alpaca is the only one that goes nuts (he's skittish).

I have a frisky cow, yak and alpaca and a gentle cow, sheep. Your alpaca will calm down once he starts getting heart levels. Speaking of which, I hate to let my animals out because as soon as I get them out, it's time to let them in (even with bell help). Does anyone know at what heart level my dog has to be to start taking animals out/does the pet barn need to be near the barn to make my dog help with the animals? He's at 4.5 hearts and still doesn't help at all.

Hey guys! I'm currently looking for more 3DS friends because I have so few :eek: I've messaged a few of you recently and am happy to be your friends :D If you want to please add me and PM me with your 3ds name and I'll add you as well :D Friendship time!

Back