The Elusive Blowfish

Annabat

Bells
Anyone having/had trouble catching the Blowfish?

Any tips? It's the only one I'm missing in my ocean dex so far.

I understand it's just a rare fish, but would you recommend catching it in the village ocean or island ocean?

ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never catch one == no matter how...and that eye-popped fish =3= too

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think certain fishes only can be catch in your town unless it stated all year in island =x

Ugh, I had trouble with this one too. :c
I don't think it's possible to catch one off the island coast, so fish in the village ocean. And I'm pretty sure you can only catch it past 9 PM. It's about the size of a horse mackerel or dab.

Good luck!

You can only catch them from November to the end of February, so you can't go to the island. I didn't have much difficulty catching it.

I got one first try when I was searching for one o-o
It's like the shadow of a dab, so medium-ish to small. Somewhere around that I think. Good luck :)

Blow Fish come out at an odd time of 9PM and shadow size in the water is medium, so just look for a medium sized at 9PM and you should be good

Guess once 9pm hit my town I will catch whatever shadow I see, if is not what I want I can just sell it to retails once my bag full =x

The Pop Eyed goldfish I got. It kinda made me scratch my head when I caught it though. Keep trying!

Also- thanks for the size of shadow reference. I'll continue questing in the village ocean for this fish!

Last edited:
I didn't have any trouble catching the blowfish. I remember it being fairly easy.

I think I've caught it...I'm having more trouble getting the stringfish than anything. ;_;
Figures, out of all the river fish, Merengue would ask for one that's worth 15,000.

Last edited:
those come out after 4 and are pretty rare but you'll know when you find one as soon as you see it's shadow in the river.

those come out after 4 and are pretty rare but you'll know when you find one as soon as you see it's shadow in the river.

Yeah, I know the time period they're out but still had no luck fishing for almost two hours...
So sadly she never got her fish.

This post was an accident, please ignore it.

(dont know how to delete posts yet)

Thanks again to all of those who are helping me. I'm still trying.

Last edited:
Back