• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Please share tips for getting a 5 star island!

Lotusblossom

Prankster Crossing
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
Hi I am working on getting my island five stars its really gotten me inspired to keep working! I've finally got pretty much all the villagers houses placed and it's finally coming together but I'd say still only half way done.. any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! Ty

Well, a way to absolutely cheese it is placing tons of fish and bugs for furniture. But, this is only for a quick cheesy golden can diy. It's fairly ugly (unless you showcase the critters).

A metric ton of flowers does the trick, hybrids or not. Too many trees lowers your score, and having 10 villagers helps a ton.

Also, your HHA score has 0 effect on your towns rating.

I haven't tried for myself in a while but I was watching a video of someone trying to achieve it, and I know they just kept asking isabelle over and over again what to change and most of the time she does actually tell you, whether its plant more flowers, put down more furniture, place more fencing etc. which are all things that seem to raise your rating :>

I know the thing most people have an issue with is her always saying the island is too cluttered, which really all you can do for that is just pick up some items and weeds and just keep checking back to see if its still an issue or not, because you are allowed to have some items on the ground and still manage a 5 star rating, but im not sure exactly how many the game allows 🤔

You’ll need to use more fences and outdoor furniture, but you’ll have to make sure every corner of the island has this. For instance, if you’re drawing paths across the island, make sure that every 3 to 5 spaces on the sides, there is a lamp or bench. And yes, the tiki torch is a lamp, and the log bench is a bench.

Back