The Bell Tree World Championship Will Begin on May 8th 2021!

Which games are you interested in playing during The Bell Tree World Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Orange Hybrid Rose
Gold Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
belltreeworldchamps-teaserbanner.png

Start your engines, refill your ink tanks, and put on your boxing gloves! We are just a week and a half away from the The Bell Tree World Championship! In this upcoming two-week gaming spectacular, running from Saturday May 8th 2021 to Sunday May 23rd 2021, you will be divided into four teams where you will work together to earn points for the chance to win exciting forum perks, forum bells, and TBT’s next most coveted collectible: The [redacted]! Oops, I can't say that yet? Let's just say it will look fantastic alongside your star fragments, shooting stars, and glow wands!

Do I have your attention? Let’s get into the details!

gameart.png

During this event you will join us for friendly and competitive matches across a number of exciting online multiplayer Nintendo Switch games: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Splatoon 2, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Party, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Please use the poll above to let us know which games you are most keen on playing! If there is a lack of interest in a game then it may be removed from the event roster.

noonline.png

Don't have Nintendo Switch Online and worried about missing out? We’ve got you covered! While playing the above video games will be the most efficient way to earn points there will be other ways for you to contribute to your team that don't require owning a Nintendo Switch or subscribing to Nintendo Switch Online.

How to Sign-Up

To sign-up to participate in The Bell Tree World Championship please go to your Preferences and set the TBT World Championships field to "Opted In" and then press Save. All accounts that have opted in to the event will be randomly assigned to one of four teams when the event begins.

Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 16.46.15.png

While you are viewing your Preferences tab it would also be helpful for us if you could make sure that your time zone is set correctly. Due to this event being reliant on real-time interaction between members and TBT staff we will be referring to the time zones set in member profiles to ensure we are providing gaming sessions that run at a reasonable hour (weekday evenings and weekends) for as many participants as possible.

Once you have voted in the poll, opted in to the event, and double-checked your time zone is correct you are all set to take part in The Bell Tree World Championship come May 8th. See you at the starting line!

isabelle.jpg

Wowie! What an amazing event ;D
Guess I'll quickly freshen up some of my skills

Oh lawd.

Opted in but I think I'll mostly be cheering you on with the non-gaming activities. My time-zone is quite bad for gaming sessions typically but maybe I'll see if I can hop in one or two Smash Bros sessions. and get absolutely demolished

what happens if we opt-in, but suddenly aren't available on the day? i want to participate but, due to personal reasons, might be busy on that day. i have no way of knowing until [redacted thing] happens though because it could be a week from now or even a month.

oh my god thank you for this. life has been a bit rough and dull for me lately but this announcement has put the biggest smile on my face. tbt staff never ceases to amaze me and i know that i say this every time but thank you so, so much for all that you guys do. you can bet your ass i’m opted in. 💛

CBFACA87-EBF6-4918-87FA-D4E6DE42092C.gif

OMG, i’m on mobile at the car dealership getting my oil changed, but when i get back to my pc and can really look into this i am! i’m excited. heck yessss love all these fun events! really making my life more fun right now guys. i totally appreciate it💖

Reactions: 0ni
I'm so confused right now lmao

also given the only two switch games on that list which I own are New Horizons and 3D World I'll have to go with those two options :)

Opted in because this sounds like a lot of fun!! ^^ I don't have Switch Online (or, uh, any of these games yet for that matter, eheh), so I'm just looking forward to participating in the non-gaming activities.

what happens if we opt-in, but suddenly aren't available on the day? i want to participate but, due to personal reasons, might be busy on that day. i have no way of knowing until [redacted thing] happens though because it could be a week from now or even a month.
There will be no penalty incurred by the individual or the team. If you sign-up to participate in an event session with a very small number of spaces available (e.g. Super Mario Party) it'd be polite to drop the game host a message if you need to pull out just so that they can offer that spot to someone else. You wouldn't need to tell us your reasons.

There will be no penalty incurred by the individual or the team. If you sign-up to participate in an event session with a very small number of spaces available (e.g. Super Mario Party) it'd be polite to drop the game host a message if you need to pull out just so that they can offer that spot to someone else. You wouldn't need to tell us your reasons.

ah, okay, that's good to know. obviously if [x] happens and i have time to drop a notice for my absence, i will.

Uh I voted for the games I had but tbh I only wanna play whatever animal crossing events there are

also excited to see the new collectible!!

Not sure if this question can be answered due to spoilers but:

Are the non-gaming activities time sensitive too? Like are we talking something like Trivia Night from the fair or is it more like... arts and crafts related? As a resident weird timezoner I'm a bit nervous if the non-gaming stuff turns out to also be super time specific.​

This might be explained later but what if we don't own some of the games? :/

I can't actively participate since I don't have a Switch or any of these games, but very happy to see there will still be an option for people like me. I've opted in!

Can't wait to see the new collectible! The ones you referenced are some of my favorites so I'm very excited to see how it fits in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back