The Animal Crossing 3DS screenshots

I hope they bring some of the details back from the GC version just for the sake of nostalgia.

For example: those bushes you could walk over....the pond with the lily pads and the two fishing piers on the pond and the ocean, THE TRAIN (loved the train, lol.), different types of bridges, people that came to camp in your town, villagers making igloos, balls you can kick around. I dunno that would be awesome. GC version was the best :r

I wonder what the new places will be. ACCF was quite boring and lacking in online interaction and other people were not able to put stuff up on your AH and the model room was from only your town not others. i hope in this one it will be improved with new areas and better wifi.

Alankpbr said:
I wonder what the new places will be. ACCF was quite boring and lacking in online interaction and other people were not able to put stuff up on your AH and the model room was from only your town not others. i hope in this one it will be improved with new areas and better wifi.
Actually, I dunno how it works exactly (since I don't go to the city very often), but currently my model room is someone on my friend's list, not my town. :)

Anyways, I really hope we get like a bag or something to carry tools around.
Or at least more space in our pockets. =p

O lol nice. im hoping for more places to go besides like the city. and better wifi interaction

Jake. said:
So this is going to be a new Animal Crossing?
Anyway I don't like how the people look tall.
And why is it in English?
Yeah normally we see gameplay/screenshots in 日本語 before english.
:huh:

TheBigJC7777777 said:
Based on those screenshots, I can tell what they are actually confirming... (in no particular order) I won't be mentionning furnitures too much.

- The shovel will be obviously back, so is the axe and net
- Once again, you can change your haicut (there's even a bedhead hair, but I'm not sure either if we could get by asking Harriet or another character to get this haircut, or we'll have to wait long enough without playing to cause it)
- Object griding returns
- Weeds returns
- Trees returns
- Bob, Curt, FIlbert and Rosie are confirmed as villagers
- Rocks returns
- Pansies and Tulips returns (Roses and cosmos may be confirmed, too). No hybrid flowers were confirmed, but they'll probably come back as well
- Apples are confirmed, but other might be confirmed as well
- Shorts/Pants are added
- Mails will return
- Accessories and headgears returns
- You can still use any flower as headgear

That's what an handful of pictures are telling me.
No *censored.2.0*. I never would of suspected this being in the game -_-

Pally said:
Anyways, I really hope we get like a bag or something to carry tools around.
Or at least more space in our pockets. =p
Did you use the letter thing?

Also I'm gonna seriously have a chuckle at how many people said they wouldn't get the next Animal Crossing but will. I will look forward to having fun AC times again.

These guys look more like Miis now, and we all know how ugly they were. I can guarantee that there will be Mii masks in this game, there's Miis in the new Nintendogs (Why?) so I don't see why they wouldn't put them in this.

Apart from that, I don't really see much of a reason to buy this. I own both Wild World and City Folk, and while Wild World still keeps me entertained, I hate City Folk with a passion. The main problem was that it was just Wild world on console, and since it wasn't portable I put much less time into it, as well as having to have plenty of battery life in the Wii remote.

All I ask of Nintendo is to make the game completely fresh, stop recycling things, and keep variety to keep the play coming for more. So this is my top 10 wanted things for Animal Crossing 3DS.

Very lengthy so I'll put it in a spoiler!
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
#10) Ditch the city

Seriously, this was complete and utter garbage. Be honest, did you ever use the auction house? Did you visit the HRA often? Did anybody here actually bother using Katrina's fortune shop once? Many of these things were just there for convenience so we could get it any time, though I will admit having Shampoodle from the start was a plus. It also reduced the number weekly of visitors in your town to about 5 regulars (excluding Pete), and only 2 of these were actually noticed by the *censored.3.0*ing gatekeeper. WTF Nintendo!? Have these visitors back in the village as it adds variety, have Redd visit once per week in his tent again.

#9) Make villagers and their personalities deeper

Villagers are by far the most shallow thing in City Folk, they say about 5 pieces of text 95% of the time. To put it short, they were B-O-R-I-N-G. To be honest, I'm not too worried about them as I don't speak to them that often, that's why this is low on my list. But isn't the whole point of this game to have a village with interactive characters? Well that's a blatant lie, they act more like robots than ever. Make them able to say lots of different things, make them actually do stuff like fishing, sitting down on a bench or running about catching bugs (Don't let them ever catch them though, that would be a bad idea) Also give Personalities sub groups to add more variety, for example, an old character could be the Cranky personality, but he's quite kind and often gives you tips and hints, while a younger Cranky villager would be more insulting.

#8) Allow the player to chose where to have to house again like in Wild World

You know what I loved about Wild World? The ability to chose where your house would go, doing this, we had a lot more choice on our town layout. In City Folk, sure we get a choice of 4 house locations, but we couldn't guarantee the house would be where we wanted. Perhaps let us choose the exact location of the house this time? Also the addition of beaches on other sides should allow us to choose where they go. For example, you pick a direction you want to go in when you begin, and the position of the beaches reflects this.

#7) Make getting the silver axe easier, possibly the gold one too. Make the effects of them different

Put your hand up if you haven't ever got a gold axe from city folk. Well I've got my hand down, because I was lucky enough to get it first time. But many, MANY people haven't, and if you were one of the people who raised their hands, and have been throwing axes from day 1, I feel sorry for you. These two need to be MUCH easier to get. Give the silver one a different method of obtaining, and make sure to give the gold one a much better effect, maybe chop trees in 1 or 2 hits or make beehives never drop when using it, or make silver ones never break, but take 5 or 6 chops to cut a tree, this at least gives players a reason to strive for the gold one.

Bottom line, a chance of about 1% is too *censored.3.0*ING rare for an item which isn't that great. With all those axes we wasted I bet we would have been able to chop enough trees to do what we wanted with our villages.

#6) More customization of your person and house

I merged these because I have 5 other things to say after this which were much more important, this is more just because I wanted the game to be more like real life. Give the character grazed knees if they trip a lot, make the character fatter if they eat lots, and thinner if they run often, but if you do this Nintendo, PLEASE make it controllable. We don't want about 80% if the community with skinny people. Add more faces, 8 per gender is not enough. Add more hair colours and let our characters be bald too as a hairstyle. I can see there are now customizable shorts, skirts and they've even added belts! Make lots of different lengths and types too! Finally, allow us to pick the characters skin colour from the start, do Asian people not exist in Animal Crossing? It's a bit racist to be honest. In short, make the characters fully customizable.

Secondly, Make the houses more customizable, let the player decide which rooms go where, if they don't want a basement they don't have to have one. Allow us to decorate the attic's wall and floor, it won't do much but it would be nice. Perhaps allow us to have a greenhouse for growing tomatoes and other vegetables, but try to make it different form harvest moon!

#5) Let the Able Sisters upgrade this time. Please!

Lets face it, I've wanted an upgrade to this place since Wild World. They still haven't bothered to upgrade it apart from letting us store a patterns. Well whoop de *censored.3.0*ing doo, you limited us to only letting animals have 4 different shirts and didn't even bother to let them use custom umbrellas, keep the store as it's tiny self for all these years even with all the new items being made and you expect me to be happy with it. LET THE SHOP UPGRADE TO HOLD MORE ITEMS!!!

There should be no excuse either now since we have custom trousers. Make the store upgrade to hold these items, perhaps even give Kicks a place in this shop selling shoes after upgrading.

#4) Improve the pattern maker, NOW!

Why must the colour variety in City Folk be so DULL! By now we should be allowed to make our own colour palates because I am TIRED of having to put up with rubbish colour variety. Keep default palates in there too for less experienced players. Allow us to make custom shoe patterns too, there should be no excuse for this now, allow us to change the type of shoe with Kicks. Finally, give us more than that silly horned hat, allow us to wear caps too, and make them actually look like hats rather than wearing a coloured in piece of paper on your head. Have a button to just run too, I hate it when I pick up paths I've laid.

#3) Take advantage of the 3D

This is called the 3DS right, so they should at least try to use the 3D to it's best. Doesn't need to be much, so I can't say much about it, just make sure you do it! Examples could include:

Trees
Fireworks
Objects actually look 3D
Make the water look real and in 3D.
Items in the sky should look good too, if the sky is going to be on top screen again.

#2) Please, please, PLEASE get Gulliver out of that STUPID UFO, or at least remove the need to shoot it down.

Do you know why Gulliver has his name, it's actually based on a fictional sailor. Why is he now an astronaut for no reason!? The UFO is getting ridiculous, I didn't mind it too much in Wild World because it was easy to hit. But in City Folk, not only is he as rare as getting struck by lightning, but they made him harder to find AND made him faster! Make him crash on the beach without the need to shoot him down if you're gonna use the UFO!

And the #1 most wanted change for this game is....

Wait for it!

Just a few more seconds!

Almost there!

More items and better gameplay

They barely added any items in City Folk, about 30 for Tom nooks shop, I didn't notice any new spotlights or many new Redd items (excluding the paintings!) They just gave them to the drugged up once a year visitors (oui oui!) who seem to never give you the full set of items! Please make the special items less of a headache to earn and give many more Nook shop items, WE NEED LOTS MORE!

Second, make the gameplay better and different from the other 3 games, it's just a chore picking your fruit, selling it. Tending to zombie villagers and looking for animals in the water and round the village to sell. Make more hobbies!!! Vegetable growing, wood collecting and other activities would keep the game fresh. This Mayor rumour that's floating about better be true, and done 100& right.

So in conclusion.

DON'T MAKE THIS GAME LIKE THE PAST 3 NINTENDO, AND MAKE SURE TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER!!!
</div>

I think we should move to the new site before the new AC game comes out. IF there's a new site =o I think it's all a conspiracy.

This has a lot of improvements, and I'm actually excited about it. City Folk was a disappointment. Maybe this will have a comeback.
There is a lot of visual enhancements. The human characters don't look very well, but the landscaping is really nice. (beach reminds me of AC: the movie)

Wow! i'd like it if the characters were a little shorter

Jarv156 said:
All I ask of Nintendo is to make the game completely fresh, stop recycling things, and keep variety to keep the play coming for more. So this is my top 10 wanted things for Animal Crossing 3DS.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
#10) Ditch the city

Seriously, this was complete and utter garbage. Be honest, did you ever use the auction house? Did you visit the HRA often? Did anybody here actually bother using Katrina's fortune shop once? Many of these things were just there for convenience so we could get it any time, though I will admit having Shampoodle from the start was a plus. It also reduced the number weekly of visitors in your town to about 5 regulars (excluding Pete), and only 2 of these were actually noticed by the *censored.3.0*ing gatekeeper. WTF Nintendo!? Have these visitors back in the village as it adds variety, have Redd visit once per week in his tent again.

Villagers are by far the most shallow thing in City Folk, they say about 5 pieces of text 95% of the time. To put it short, they were B-O-R-I-N-G. To be honest, I'm not too worried about them as I don't speak to them that often, that's why this is low on my list. But isn't the whole point of this game to have a village with interactive characters? Well that's a blatant lie, they act more like robots than ever. Make them able to say lots of different things, make them actually do stuff like fishing, sitting down on a bench or running about catching bugs (Don't let them ever catch them though, that would be a bad idea) Also give Personalities sub groups to add more variety, for example, an old character could be the Cranky personality, but he's quite kind and often gives you tips and hints, while a younger Cranky villager would be more insulting.

You know what I loved about Wild World? The ability to chose where your house would go, doing this, we had a lot more choice on our town layout. In City Folk, sure we get a choice of 4 house locations, but we couldn't guarantee the house would be where we wanted. Perhaps let us choose the exact location of the house this time? Also the addition of beaches on other sides should allow us to choose where they go. For example, you pick a direction you want to go in when you begin, and the position of the beaches reflects this.

#7) Make getting the silver axe easier, possibly the gold one too. Make the effects of them different

Put your hand up if you haven't ever got a gold axe from city folk. Well I've got my hand down, because I was lucky enough to get it first time. But many, MANY people haven't, and if you were one of the people who raised their hands, and have been throwing axes from day 1, I feel sorry for you. These two need to be MUCH easier to get. Give the silver one a different method of obtaining, and make sure to give the gold one a much better effect, maybe chop trees in 1 or 2 hits or make beehives never drop when using it, or make silver ones never break, but take 5 or 6 chops to cut a tree, this at least gives players a reason to strive for the gold one.

Bottom line, a chance of about 1% is too *censored.3.0*ING rare for an item which isn't that great. With all those axes we wasted I bet we would have been able to chop enough trees to do what we wanted with our villages.

I merged these because I have 5 other things to say after this which were much more important, this is more just because I wanted the game to be more like real life. Give the character grazed knees if they trip a lot, make the character fatter if they eat lots, and thinner if they run often, but if you do this Nintendo, PLEASE make it controllable. We don't want about 80% if the community with skinny people. Add more faces, 8 per gender is not enough. Add more hair colours and let our characters be bald too as a hairstyle. I can see there are now customizable shorts, skirts and they've even added belts! Make lots of different lengths and types too! Finally, allow us to pick the characters skin colour from the start, do Asian people not exist in Animal Crossing? It's a bit racist to be honest. In short, make the characters fully customizable.

Secondly, Make the houses more customizable, let the player decide which rooms go where, if they don't want a basement they don't have to have one. Allow us to decorate the attic's wall and floor, it won't do much but it would be nice. Perhaps allow us to have a greenhouse for growing tomatoes and other vegetables, but try to make it different form harvest moon!

Lets face it, I've wanted an upgrade to this place since Wild World. They still haven't bothered to upgrade it apart from letting us store a patterns. Well whoop de *censored.3.0*ing doo, you limited us to only letting animals have 4 different shirts and didn't even bother to let them use custom umbrellas, keep the store as it's tiny self for all these years even with all the new items being made and you expect me to be happy with it. LET THE SHOP UPGRADE TO HOLD MORE ITEMS!!!

There should be no excuse either now since we have custom trousers. Make the store upgrade to hold these items, perhaps even give Kicks a place in this shop selling shoes after upgrading.

Why must the colour variety in City Folk be so DULL! By now we should be allowed to make our own colour palates because I am TIRED of having to put up with rubbish colour variety. Keep default palates in there too for less experienced players. Allow us to make custom shoe patterns too, there should be no excuse for this now, allow us to change the type of shoe with Kicks. Finally, give us more than that silly horned hat, allow us to wear caps too, and make them actually look like hats rather than wearing a coloured in piece of paper on your head. Have a button to just run too, I hate it when I pick up paths I've laid.

This is called the 3DS right, so they should at least try to use the 3D to it's best. Doesn't need to be much, so I can't say much about it, just make sure you do it! Examples could include:

Trees
Fireworks
Objects actually look 3D
Items in the sky should look good too, if the sky is going to be on top screen again.

#2) Please, please, PLEASE get Gulliver out of that STUPID UFO, or at least remove the need to shoot it down.

Do you know why Gulliver has his name, it's actually based on a fictional sailor. Why is he now an astronaut for no reason!? The UFO is getting ridiculous, I didn't mind it too much in Wild World because it was easy to hit. But in City Folk, not only is he as rare as getting struck by lightning, but they made him harder to find AND made him faster! Make him crash on the beach without the need to shoot him down if you're gonna use the UFO!

Wait for it!

Just a few more seconds!

Almost there!

They barely added any items in City Folk, about 30 for Tom nooks shop, I didn't notice any new spotlights or many new Redd items (excluding the paintings!) They just gave them to the drugged up once a year visitors (oui oui!) who seem to never give you the full set of items! Please make the special items less of a headache to earn and give many more Nook shop items, WE NEED LOTS MORE!

Second, make the gameplay better and different from the other 3 games, it's just a chore picking your fruit, selling it. Tending to zombie villagers and looking for animals in the water and round the village to sell. Make more hobbies!!! Vegetable growing, wood collecting and other activities would keep the game fresh. This Mayor rumour that's floating about better be true, and done 100& right.

So in conclusion.

DON'T MAKE THIS GAME LIKE THE PAST 3 NINTENDO, AND MAKE SURE TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER!!!
</div>
I thought you have a GREAT argument here, and instead of having these reasons on The Bell Tree, I think you should try to contact Nintendo with this.

See, I think they are ignoring their customer's views on these games. Truth, Animal Crossing is my most favorite game to play, especially on the wii. I never had the GC version, but I loved the MANY different activities that went on, such as holidays and events, the guards having their own activities and a island where rules are separate.. Wild World was boring.. there were no holidays and not nearly as many events as they put in City Folk, and even way less than in GC. The graphics on the ds were horrible as well. As for City Folk, it is my favorite game..I play it all the time, and it is a lot of fun with friends, but still pretty boring.

Nintendo needs brand new ideas. They players have these ideas, the makers just need to listen and make the ideas happen.

Jarv156 said:
These guys look more like Miis now, and we all know how ugly they were. I can guarantee that there will be Mii masks in this game, there's Miis in the new Nintendogs (Why?) so I don't see why they wouldn't put them in this.

Apart from that, I don't really see much of a reason to buy this. I own both Wild World and City Folk, and while Wild World still keeps me entertained, I hate City Folk with a passion. The main problem was that it was just Wild world on console, and since it wasn't portable I put much less time into it, as well as having to have plenty of battery life in the Wii remote.

#10) Ditch the city

Trees
Fireworks
Objects actually look 3D

Wait for it!

Just a few more seconds!

Almost there!

So in conclusion.

</div>
I don't think the characters look that bad, I don't know what people are complaining about. It still looks like animal crossing, but new and fresh looking. We haven't even seen a video or anything they might look better when they're moving around.

I agree with almost everything you've said. Mostly the able sisters being able to upgrade and better villager personalities. I also agree with you about the city...it was pretty lame.

I'd say the one thing they have to change which is more important than everything you've said is the grass erosion thing. Another thing that is higher on my list that wasn't on yours was for them to make a new soundtrack.

There's hope! You can already tell this game is going to be much different than the last 3 just by looking at the changes in the art style.

I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. I hope you can spend the money in the Town Fund on things like benches and things. I also wouldn't mind being able to live in the Town Hall.

Back