• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I wish Roscoe would stop singing now and then. I love Roscoe but the cranky’s singing voice doesn’t suit him and while it was cute at first, it actually is kind of annoying me. He is a dreamie but I might replace him eventually (though he goes really well with my theme and looks good in the noble coat).

I'm kinda bummed that your starting villagers can only be a Jock and an Uchi. Kind of a strange combo imo. Why couldn't it be any of the other personalities?
Yeah l know and they should have at least 2 more villagers as your starter which is total of 4.
Post automatically merged:

My other problem with the game is that the hour music sounds too goofy. I liked the past AC hour music.

My other problem with the game is that the hour music sounds too goofy. I liked the past AC hour music.
I miss the piano music from NL, specifically the main theme and 1am. There are some hours in NH I like for example 2am but I'm not a fan of most of the afternoon music which is when I play the most. It doesn't remind me of an island at all and 5pm in particular reminds me of strolling in NYC or some other urban place... It's weird! And 2pm is so annoying I never play at 2pm. I can't believe they don't have an option to turn the music off at this point. Nothing bad will happen if they just put the option in there, I don't know why they won't do it!

Edit: I forgot to mention I also miss the raining music in NL, where it all became twinkly, wheras in NH the music is only slightly different :(

Last edited:
Really depressed over this game and the hideous item/wall/floor and rug graphics and lack of, compared to NL.

I went through every wall and floor and Saharah rugs and they are garbage.
Do toddlers design these? :(

It makes me so angry that in NL, and even WW, we had better flooring.

I gave up on my house today.
Just about ready to give up on the entire game.

I want the quality items including furniture, food, all RV items, walls, rugs and flooring from NL back.

Take a look at the rugs, really.
Absolute RUBBISH, and for a new main SWITCH AC game! :-/

Last edited:
Acorn and pine cone drop rates are so low. ;_; And I love all autumn items. But maybe it's my fault since I have too much fruit trees. But that will change now. :|
The other day I shook every single tree on my island and I didn't get any of either. And the only DIY I've got so far is the one Isabelle passed out a while ago. I get not making it too easy to find seasonal items but it's getting kind of ridiculous at this point.

@PajamaCat If I shake each tree - doesn't matter what kind - enough times (anywhere from 1 to 20+), I can get acorns or pine cones from them all... But it's a super tedious process.

I see a lot of folks claiming how they prefer the monthly updates opposed to everything being on our lap at the get go, which I am fine with, but quite a few also claim that Nintendo already have these updates planned and they are waiting on them.

I feel like if that is the case, than why is it taking them until March 2021 to introduce the Mario anniversary furniture? To me this just blatantly screams that they're behind. Had I know back in March how barebone that game was I would had waited. Heck it's almost the end of the year now and we aren't as far in with the updates as I thought we would be.

This is reminding me about Sega's handling of the servers of Phantasy Star Universe (except JPs) where they were a year behind updates and the stuff that was being updated online was stuff available from day 1 on the physical offline copy. So the stuff was there, they just slept on it and it probably wasn't that hard to just code it to be online as well.

The game never even got the online exclusive updates before SoJ decided to just kill the overseas servers. Take a note from Sega Nintendo. Don't do that.

I see a lot of folks claiming how they prefer the monthly updates opposed to everything being on our lap at the get go, which I am fine with, but quite a few also claim that Nintendo already have these updates planned and they are waiting on them.

I feel like if that is the case, than why is it taking them until March 2021 to introduce the Mario anniversary furniture? To me this just blatantly screams that they're behind. Had I know back in March how barebone that game was I would had waited. Heck it's almost the end of the year now and we aren't as far in with the updates as I thought we would be.

This is reminding me about Sega's handling of the servers of Phantasy Star Universe (except JPs) where they were a year behind updates and the stuff that was being updated online was stuff available from day 1 on the physical offline copy. So the stuff was there, they just slept on it and it probably wasn't that hard to just code it to be online as well.

The game never even got the online exclusive updates before SoJ decided to just kill the overseas servers. Take a note from Sega Nintendo. Don't do that.
Without a doubt they’re behind. At least that’s what it feels like to me.

The entire game has been a rushed unfinished mess since release. I’m not sure why they released a game clearly not finished. It's just a really shady thing to do. Not sure if it’s because fans were whining or if they just wanted to make bank but it’s been quite a drag. But it’s made it even worse because they are now rushed for updates because fans are upset that they were sold an unfinished game and want all the content that was removed asap, which I do too.

If it isn’t fairly obvious, I’m still butthurt. When a new addition to a series comes out, it should contain most, if not all of what was in the previous games. Usually people complain about new games being exactly like the old games with barely anything new added (Pokemon for example) but never have I ever seen it where they remove over half of the stuff. It’s just mind-blowing and upsetting. It’s like when a loved one does something horrible. You still love them because they’re your loved one but it still gives a bad taste in your mouth whenever you see them and that won’t go away.

ACNH was already delayed, so I doubt the updates are result of time crunch.
I didnt mind the updates at first. They can add a lot of potential lifespan to a game, IF the base game is fleshed out.
However, more and more I get the impression that they're just holding things back to artificially pad the lifespan of the game. For example, Redd and the art gallery. These features have been staples of the series, yet they arbitrarily waited until 2 months after the release to add it. The same goes for Store-upgrades, Brewster and Gyroids. We expect them to be there, we KNOW it's in the game's code, yet they're still holding out on us.
Like, I always try to remind people that we cant expect the devs to keep on carrying all the content from past titles over. But I cant help but feel disappointed when all the "updates" turn out to be just stuff we've seen before since the GameCube-days...

I never get scallops unless I'm using local play & another thing that annoys me about it is how they changed Pascal's voice from deep in ACNL like the crankies to high pitched. To me Pascal suits the deeper voice as it goes better with his 'deep philosopher' type personality.

I have a tiny fun rant today!

I have spent the past week setting up an elaborate museum area. Everything was perfect! Then I was putting together my benches for the second main courtyard and discovered...

I AM ONE SPACE OFF!

So, I have to move my museum again. But then the spacing should be perfect!

Told ya it was a fun rant! ♡

I never get scallops unless I'm using local play & another thing that annoys me about it is how they changed Pascal's voice from deep in ACNL like the crankies to high pitched. To me Pascal suits the deeper voice as it goes better with his 'deep philosopher' type personality.

Same with Lloid! Like what did they do to him?????

I'm still disappointed that it seems we'll never get the fun and flashy items from Pocket Camp in NH and the updates are slow and lacking.

It's sad that I'm more excited to decorate for fall and winter in Pocket Camp than NH. Even with less items (I play free), I feel like there's more variety. I don't need an air conditioner in 8 different colors... I want stuff I can use.

NH gave us the ability to place outdoor furniture.... but gave us very little actual outdoor furniture to work with. I don't want to have to time travel months ahead just to get seasonal items for now, and I fear the PC Halloween stuff is going to be better than NH's.

I'm having a long day at work (meeting booked over my lunch and having to have another meeting after normal work hours because the people I need to discuss with have no time on their calendars...) and I've talked to my campsite visitor (Flora) for an hour combined so far... I'm not looking forward to convincing her to move in after work. 😩

I don't know why Pascal doesn't show up everytime I get a scallop.

It bugs me that several people are obsessed with Raymond.

It also bug me when a certain villager is on many islands.

I don't like island where there villager setup isn't one villager for each personality plus one random male and one random female.

I dislike how I'm forced to invite my first camper.

These are all of mine for now.

I did catch around 50 sea creatures today and not one scallop. Pascal better show up on the first one tomorrow!

I thought I had gifted Kidd enough tailored jackets to get rid of an awful fishing vest he got from one of those 'please deliver my apologies for me' presents. Today I saw him wearing it again, for hours on end.

Back