• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Starting to get pretty darn bored of NH. I was OK with updates at first because I figured they would've rolled out more stuff into the game by now. This pace is so slow.

I thought it was just me as well. I thought it would update at least once a month but so far we've only had 3 updates in the last 6 months. This isn't too bad on paper, but the thing is the updates aren't that big and are usually enough to keep me entertained for a couple weeks before I put it back down again. I kinda expected more tbh.....

My rant is the problem I faced today, campsite villagers being there on the same day another villager has moved in and is in boxes. I did ask in a thread if anyone has had a similar issue and and if it was safe, but unfortunately no-one who posted in it experienced this (although it was lovely that they tried to help).
Just really frustrating not being able to invite someone to live on your island over the fact that it would leave 2 villagers in boxes (one moving in, one moving out). And it had been ages since I got a campsite villager :(

My rant is the problem I faced today, campsite villagers being there on the same day another villager has moved in and is in boxes. I did ask in a thread if anyone has had a similar issue and and if it was safe, but unfortunately no-one who posted in it experienced this (although it was lovely that they tried to help).
Just really frustrating not being able to invite someone to live on your island over the fact that it would leave 2 villagers in boxes (one moving in, one moving out). And it had been ages since I got a campsite villager :(
If you have one moving in today, they'll be out of boxes tomorrow.
If you invite a campsite visitor today, the person they're kicking out will only be in boxes tomorrow...
So it won't leave two villagers in boxes on the same day at all?

If you have one moving in today, they'll be out of boxes tomorrow.
If you invite a campsite visitor today, the person they're kicking out will only be in boxes tomorrow...
So it won't leave two villagers in boxes on the same day at all?
Oh really? I didn't know that! Normally when you invite a campsite villager to replace a villager they go in boxes immediately.

Oh really? I didn't know that! Normally when you invite a campsite villager to replace a villager they go in boxes immediately.
Hmm I may misremember. I seem to recall Isabelle announcing that it's Xs last day also when I invited random campsite villagers.. but online guides do say they do put the villager in boxes right away...

I just invited a campsite visitor today, and I can confirm that the villager they replace goes into boxes immediately.

Not sure if this will help you, but I had an empty plot filled today (after finding a villager while island hopping) and also invited the campsite visitor (who kicked out another resident) with no issue.

Hmm I may misremember. I seem to recall Isabelle announcing that it's Xs last day also when I invited random campsite villagers.. but online guides do say they do put the villager in boxes right away...
Yeah, I've only had the Isabelle announcement when a villager who had asked to leave was on their last day on the island. Otherwise, it's immediate effect.
I just invited a campsite visitor today, and I can confirm that the villager they replace goes into boxes immediately.

Not sure if this will help you, but I had an empty plot filled today (after finding a villager while island hopping) and also invited the campsite visitor (who kicked out another resident) with no issue.

Oh yeah I've done that before, thank you~ i wish that happened this time, just bad luck I suppose.

Yeah, I've only had the Isabelle ann

Oh yeah I've done that before, thank you~ i wish that happened this time, just bad luck I suppose.

Ah, I see the difference between the two scenarios (had to dig up your original thread). I haven't heard of that glitch before. Apologies that I can't help you. :( I hope you cross paths with Candi again in the future!

Ah, I see the difference between the two scenarios (had to dig up your original thread). I haven't heard of that glitch before. Apologies that I can't help you. :( I hope you cross paths with Candi again in the future!
No not at all! I really appreciate you and the others who posted trying to help!
Thank you 💛

Six months later and they keep putting back the old mostly useless crap, like the DS, and calling it new.

Maybe in ten years we'll have the thousands of missing NL items.

Last edited:
I am so. So. Frustrated right now that I need to vent.

I'm 60+ NMTs into island hopping for a Snooty and I've been running into Pop Stars, Jocks, Normals, and Crankies out the wazoo. Sisterly, Lazy, and Snooty are tied for fewest.

I've run into 5 villagers twice which includes one of the few Snooties I don't want.

I don't know if this is normal or not, but given the variety of animals available, I'm both disappointed and discouraged.

:(

Ugh.

Carrie never ever did anything cute. Always just walking around.
After I delivered her a horrible purple poncho thing on request of another villager that she would wear continually, today she asked if she could leave and I was like 'Yes, finally, why didn't you ask sooner!'

Now she's standing around near Resident Services, singing together with Kidd... Why didn't you do that before you got your horrible purple poncho and before I got rid of you?!

Campsite villagers only picking one current villager to move out.

I really wish it cycled through everyone else rather than sticking to just one. I know it’s fixed if you close the game and reopen it, aslong as it didn’t auto save.

But I just wish it manually did that. Since I’m stuck with Lucky who I want, trying to constantly kick out Erik who I want to keep. It’s annoying.

I don't think you're overreacting, I also get a cash-grabby kind of feel. I mean it doesn't help that they made Nintendo Online paid at almost the same time as making us need to trade for things. That's kind of a red flag to me. Also in the age of social media sharing it's definitely a lot harder to not feel pressure about how you're going in your game. It's kind of why I always treated AC as a solo experience, because it comes with no pressure. Even if you're not going to share it, the fact that you're not utilising one of the game's main draws feels bad since it feels like they skimped out on the other stuff to give us this instead.
Don't forget you need an entire console to make one island. Defend Nintendo all you want, but they could had found an alternative. Not you, just anyone who disagrees. It's a blatant cashgrab.

The Xbox and Playstation had paid online services way before so the switch to a subscription model is pretty much inevitable for Nintendo. The good thing is that it's somewhat affordable. PS Plus and Xbox Live cost $60 a year but Nintendo Online is just $20. I remember back during release day where everyone in my local ACNH group was rushing to form a family plan with each other to save up on the costs (myself included) lmao.
Yeah but Nintendo's online is barebone compared to the PS and Xbox which offer so much more. Hell for the longest time cloud saves literally didn't work for anything (and might still not) And it was one of the reasons for paid membership. Plus they often give fully fleshed out servers for their online games whereas Nintendo is still having us rely on each others connections.

Anyone else think it's sad that it's been half a year and we haven't gotten that many updates? And we're still waiting on the roost and Nook's third (or final) upgrade.

I revisited older animal crossing games, and made me really realize how rushed NH is. Just little things that made the game feel so good is now gone. I do love certain things from NH like terraforming and being able to form an island to anything you want, but if they added the dialogue and stuff from older games with the stuff that makes NH good. Then they would have a perfect game

i think the dialogue is a problem since NL so i don't consider it a NH problem. If anything i think the dialogue is better in NH, but the problem is there should definitely *more* dialogue. Like, the lines have improved, but they really should have added more, so the villagers didn't repeat themselves that much

I wish Audie would just.
Stop.
Exercising.

Like, girl. I haven't seen you in your mumu once in over a month now. Come on.
Dude the main reason why I got rid of audie. Its like all she does :D

Back