The ACNH Rant Thread

@lenoreluna This is kind of the staple for all of the other Animal Crossings. It's always been kind of random what you got. The only thing was that answers determined how you looked. Which you can change on a whim now instead of hoping you selected the right questions. I don't know how I feel about that since being able to change your entire face which would require heavy surgery seems kind of weird.

Not that I am fighting against what you said. They don't even ask you anything anymore when you start up the game besides the basics. You would think they'd allow it finally. I don't really like the idea of customizing your entire look with a mirror.

But yeah batch crafting could had been an easy update. Especially for a dry spell in September when they're pretty much sleeping on us. Like why can't we bulk craft something if we have enough materials? And on that note, why the hell can't we craft with materials in storage and pockets? Why must we pull it all out and hope this time we have the right stuff? This is 2020 get with the times Nintendo.

For all the delays this game got they aren't really impressing me. They could had done better with the QoL and updates in general.

Im SO ANNOYED that there’s a limit on inclines & bridges. I only need like 4 bridges and need 10 inclines. Why does it have to be 8 of each :( what if I need more inclines than bridges!!
Ah yes!! This is what I came here for! I wish it was 16 total limit and we could decide how many of each we wanted instead :/

also I’m sure this has been mentioned before but I hate how putting custom designs on paths gets rid of the path sounds 😩 I like the path sounds so I can’t bring myself to cover my main paths with custom designs

I'm angry that a main AC switch title is so pissweak compared to the mobile game and NL.

PC gets all the attention to detail because of money grab cookies.

We paid for a premium AC title and many of us, myself included, bought a switch for that game alone.

I feel utterly scammed. Again.

I miss how the sheep looked with their scarves in previous games. I thought it was creative and unique since they were big fluffy sheep and didn't need a shirt. I know people think the shirts are cute now but they kind of look like they're being corsetted and it just looks weird and uncomfortable to me? Like, they might as well shear themselves if they're going to be wearing tight tops lol.

I just need The Roost back. I feel like I’ve been patient long enough.
I would also like the roost back :( if they did bring it back I would want it to play the cute song the roost from New Leaf but I don't think that would happen :( I don't like tho house we have only had one upgrade for the nooks cranny. I liked in New Leaf trying to buy a certain amount to try unlock the next upgrade. Plus having an upgrade would mean more items in the store.

I don't like that the spirit of what made Animal Crossing enjoyable in the first place is fading. I can load up my GameCube or New Leaf save files and have a blast because there isn't any weird, anxious pressure to terraform or turn my island into some 5 star resort with something in every corner. It feels like the series is getting cashgrabby, and that's become obvious with how Nintendo treats Pocketcamp players. Or I'm just overreacting as usual.
I don't think you're overreacting, I also get a cash-grabby kind of feel. I mean it doesn't help that they made Nintendo Online paid at almost the same time as making us need to trade for things. That's kind of a red flag to me. Also in the age of social media sharing it's definitely a lot harder to not feel pressure about how you're going in your game. It's kind of why I always treated AC as a solo experience, because it comes with no pressure. Even if you're not going to share it, the fact that you're not utilising one of the game's main draws feels bad since it feels like they skimped out on the other stuff to give us this instead.

I don't think you're overreacting, I also get a cash-grabby kind of feel. I mean it doesn't help that they made Nintendo Online paid at almost the same time as making us need to trade for things. That's kind of a red flag to me. Also in the age of social media sharing it's definitely a lot harder to not feel pressure about how you're going in your game. It's kind of why I always treated AC as a solo experience, because it comes with no pressure. Even if you're not going to share it, the fact that you're not utilising one of the game's main draws feels bad since it feels like they skimped out on the other stuff to give us this instead.
I always treated New Leaf as a solo experience and when New Horizons was announced I was like I might try playing with others. I do not like the idea of paying for membership tho I do have it tho because sadly without it I would not have as many items, things complete as I do if I did not have it. But I play PS4 and I do have online membership for it as I feel like those kinds of games have way more content and things to do online than animal crossing.

I would also like the roost back :( if they did bring it back I would want it to play the cute song the roost from New Leaf but I don't think that would happen :(
Yesss I loved the Roost music from New Leaf! I'm thinking maybe there's a chance they'll bring it back since Town Hall and the museum have similar music to NL. Fingers crossed 🤞
Post automatically merged:

I always treated New Leaf as a solo experience and when New Horizons was announced I was like I might try playing with others. I do not like the idea of paying for membership tho I do have it tho because sadly without it I would not have as many items, things complete as I do if I did not have it. But I play PS4 and I do have online membership for it as I feel like those kinds of games have way more content and things to do online than animal crossing.
Yeah I've heard several people saying the ACNH online experience isn't very good. I think if they added something like Club Tortimer from New Leaf it would make it seem more worth it. At the moment lots of people seem to have it just to have access to all the furniture which is a bit sad to me :/

Last edited:
I'm at the point right now that I'm about ready to just quit the game until a decent chunk of the updates come out. In past games, I always had a variety of things to do each day and plenty of things to work toward. In this game, by the time a new update comes out I'm already mostly finished with the content from the previous update, so I'm mainly doing the same things over and over again and it feels very repetitive. And it doesn't feel worth it to turn the game on just for the few things I have left. Honestly, if I had known the game would rely this heavily on updates (most of which don't introduce anything new to the series), I would have held off on buying it for a while.

Also, maybe someday they'll let us store flowers (please help there are so many) and my villagers will be able to have nice yards instead of allergies.

Cant believe I have to pay actual money to 'dream', I haven't played in ages so thought I'd give it a go now the dream suite is back. The fact that you now have to pay to do anything online is a disgrace, never had to do that with acnl. It's really put me off playing now.

Cant believe I have to pay actual money to 'dream', I haven't played in ages so thought I'd give it a go now the dream suite is back. The fact that you now have to pay to do anything online is a disgrace, never had to do that with acnl. It's really put me off playing now.

The Xbox and Playstation had paid online services way before so the switch to a subscription model is pretty much inevitable for Nintendo. The good thing is that it's somewhat affordable. PS Plus and Xbox Live cost $60 a year but Nintendo Online is just $20. I remember back during release day where everyone in my local ACNH group was rushing to form a family plan with each other to save up on the costs (myself included) lmao.

I don't like that you can't gift presents to Villagers who are sitting down, so it makes the process of getting a villager's photo even more tedious, especially when K.K. visits or there are chairs outside of Resident's Services.

Also hate how despite paying money to buy paywall amiibo cards to move in specific villagers, you still have to go through a loooong, needlessly complicated process of gifting those amiibo visitors the item they want (sometimes requiring materials you may not have on hand), fowarding the next day and repeating the process 3 more times before they finally decide to move in. Why?

I haven’t gotten any seasonal recipes in days so I decided to camp for balloons, already farmed five or six and not one DIY -.-‘ Tedious.

Also I hope there’s a way they can optimize the game somehow in the future, I visited a very decorated island in a dream and I don’t know how that person could stand playing in their game - it lagged everywhere. There’s only one area on my island where frame rate drops pretty badly and even that drives me nuts lol

Back