• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I didn’t know that some people are condescending towards others making a Japanese town. I was actually thinking about creating an Asian-inspired town, with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean influences, but now it seems that some people actually put others down for their personal choices. Like, dude, it’s their town, they can do whatever they want with it. Some people just want to be negative for the sake of being negative.
Another opinion that’s not about the game buuuut:

- I’m starting to actually hate going on r/AnimalCrossing because of how hypocritical people can be on there, and tbh some of the users on there are straight up... *****y, like *seriously*. Let people play AC the way they want. If someone wants to have all the popular villagers, cool, let them. If someone wants a Japanese-themed town, cool, let them. But my god, stop putting down people for doing those things. I saw people actually attack someone for wanting Raymond, Marina and Sherb and comments going “everytime I see those villagers I roll my eyes because wow ppl are willing to use their NMT for that thing”. Well guess what? Nobody asked, because that’s their game and they can do that if they want. Also the amount of comments that are extremely snarky or condescending comments I see on there everytime someone posts a picture of a Japanese-themed village makes me sigh. This subreddit’s fake and shallow forced positivity is really *irritating*

oh wow i didnt know people started to hate on japanese themed islands now. there are a lot of japanese and asian themed items in the game that are perfect for it, so it makes sense that people would decorate their islands with that theme in mind

Speaking of letters, where is Pete

I really wish they brought back the mail pelicans in this game instead of clumsily combining the mailing system with the airport like an afterthought. It would have been one thing to transform Pete, Pelly, and Phyllis into airport employees instead of mail carriers, but Nintendo just scrapped them entirely in favor of new winged NPCs (that I don't really like that much tbh, lol). It's lowkey a shame that the process of sending mail was downsized to a little postcard stand on the side of the airport counter. I thought it was really sweet to be able to run into Pete while he's delivering the mail.
On a similar note, I personally dislike the long-winded automatic message it writes for you when you're ordering something for someone else directly from the catalog. I wish it were optional, I hate having to backspace that loooooong message in order to put something a little more personable. The automatic comes off as a little awkward when it's just like a cardboard box I'm sending to someone I don't know that well, lol.

I really wish they brought back the mail pelicans in this game instead of clumsily combining the mailing system with the airport like an afterthought. It would have been one thing to transform Pete, Pelly, and Phyllis into airport employees instead of mail carriers, but Nintendo just scrapped them entirely in favor of new winged NPCs (that I don't really like that much tbh, lol). It's lowkey a shame that the process of sending mail was downsized to a little postcard stand on the side of the airport counter. I thought it was really sweet to be able to run into Pete while he's delivering the mail.
On a similar note, I personally dislike the long-winded automatic message it writes for you when you're ordering something for someone else directly from the catalog. I wish it were optional, I hate having to backspace that loooooong message in order to put something a little more personable. The automatic comes off as a little awkward when it's just like a cardboard box I'm sending to someone I don't know that well, lol.
"Oh! Look there's a postcard stand!"

Like, what's the point of that dialogue???? I know what it is, I'm clearly looking at it.

I don't like the dodos either. They're ugly and Orville's tongue is disgusting. Bring back Pete for mail!!

not a rant about nh itself but just my personal gameplay

i tt-ed and forgot about the open plot in which i planned to reserve for another cat villager to complete my mono-species island, so eugene moved in. he’s been a villager on my island once a while back, i hated him, i kicked him out, and now he’s back.

since i tt kicking out a villager takes less than 15 minutes and kicking out a specific villager takes a little less than 30; but when 90% of my island are villagers i want to keep then that’s a huge factor for when i plan to kick out eugene.

1. rosie like i said i want to keep all my villagers except for eugene; it doesn’t help that i love rosie to pieces
2. kid cat
3. lolly
4. bob
5. bob i really like bob and i hope that the bubble doesn’t land on him again
6. olivia
7. rosie
8. punchy
9. punchy
10. katt my favorite villager of all time ):
11. rosie
12. rosie
13. katt
14. olivia
15. kid cat
16. lolly
17. bob it hasn’t been an hour but i feel burnt out

then eugene caught onto the catchphrase i gave rosie, so now it feels as if i’m talking to a pedophile when he says babe at the end of every sentence.

I just restarted about a week ago and I forgot how slow it is in the beginning! I think it didn’t bother me as much the first time because I didn’t know what was to come and all that. But this time I know what I want to do with my island in terms of like decorating and terraforming and it’s taking so long for just the resident service building to upgrade, let alone getting to 3 stars in order to unlock terraforming. I know I should just take the time to enjoy it but I really just want to get started. Once I can start making my island how I want then I’ll be fine but right now everything is like a snails pace. And don’t even get me started on the Able sisters lol. I get that it’s an uninhabited island so they wouldn’t be there but why can’t it be easier to have them move in? I need clothes and I need the access to the online so I can get the patterns I need for my island! Woo! Okay rant over☺️

When you accidently kick away a custom design on the ground

giphy.gif

Why do I have to go though so much dialogue when I speak to Flick during the Bug-Off?

This...glad it's over. I liked the bug-off but talking to Flick took so long. 1 conversation for points, 1 for selling bugs and 1 for storting again. Like always Nintendo puts too much dialogue for something which could be done in 10% of the time.

Am I the only one who hates things like Bug-Offs and Fishing Tourneys and deliberately avoids playing on those days? I just want to enjoy a relaxing and slow-paced island life please...

Another opinion that’s not about the game buuuut:

- I’m starting to actually hate going on r/AnimalCrossing because of how hypocritical people can be on there, and tbh some of the users on there are straight up... *****y, like *seriously*. Let people play AC the way they want. If someone wants to have all the popular villagers, cool, let them. If someone wants a Japanese-themed town, cool, let them. But my god, stop putting down people for doing those things. I saw people actually attack someone for wanting Raymond, Marina and Sherb and comments going “everytime I see those villagers I roll my eyes because wow ppl are willing to use their NMT for that thing”. Well guess what? Nobody asked, because that’s their game and they can do that if they want. Also the amount of comments that are extremely snarky or condescending comments I see on there everytime someone posts a picture of a Japanese-themed village makes me sigh. This subreddit’s fake and shallow forced positivity is really *irritating*

- Alof of the ACNH youtubers are kinda annoying and it really bothers me how so many of them are willing to spread misinformation like how “certain villagers can be found at certain times of the day” or “clapping for Orville increases your chances of getting a rare island” (I clap for Orville because he’s a good boi, not for rare islands). Not to mention some youtubers are actually promoting buying bells and NMTs for irl money 🙄

r/AnimalCrossing: i’m not like the other girls, i hate Raymond and Marshal!!! let’s make 20 posts a day how everyone who has those villagers is boring and unspecial

r/AnimalCrossing: if you ask for anything in return for strangers coming to your island, you’re so greedy!!

Also, is it just me or does Reddit seem to promote homemade Amiibos, but then act like Ebay sellers are evil? This isn’t me endorsing either of those things at all, but someone on Reddit who made bootleg Amiibos literally said that if you buy Ebay stuff, you’re literally S*tan. Hypocritical, much?

This is more a fault with Nintendo rather than AC:NH, but I've been waiting for like 20 minutes in a turnip queue. When I go to connect to the internet at the airport, I get hit with the "renew your membership".

Why is it so time specific?? What's the point? Just make it end at midnight, I don't want to hold up the turnip queue.

r/AnimalCrossing: i’m not like the other girls, i hate Raymond and Marshal!!! let’s make 20 posts a day how everyone who has those villagers is boring and unspecial

r/AnimalCrossing: if you ask for anything in return for strangers coming to your island, you’re so greedy!!

Also, is it just me or does Reddit seem to promote homemade Amiibos, but then act like Ebay sellers are evil? This isn’t me endorsing either of those things at all, but someone on Reddit who made bootleg Amiibos literally said that if you buy Ebay stuff, you’re literally S*tan. Hypocritical, much?

It's Reddit, what do you expect? I guarantee you'll get judged for having certain kinds of flowers.

Not really a rant but it’s my deepest wish that the developers give some serious consideration to updating how the villager dialogue works lol It’s gotten to the point where I don’t even really want to talk to any of the villagers because each and every one of them is gonna give me the same 5 dialogues in a row about what I did yesterday. “So I heard you dug up some fossils, so was that you hitting rocks with a shovel, so is it true you buried bells yesterday?” I do these things every single day you think they’d be used to it by now 😂

Yeah, I've also pretty much stopped talking to my villagers because of all the repeated dialogue. I also really dislike how cookie cutter they are when it comes to their personality types. The only thing that really sets apart villagers of the same type is their appearance and house, which sucks.

Style over substance seems to have been the main focus with NH and my biggest gripe with the game.

So this is let a game issue and more a community issue. Count on me to complain about the community hahaa I'msosorryguys ;;

So the whole ungifted/gifted villagers debate thing. I'm a little sick and tired of all the whining about people not wanting gifted villagers and calling people "picky" and "snobs" cause they dont want a gifted villager. Like do you not understand that some of us like things being in mint condition? I want to gift my villagers clothes I think that'd suit them. Furniture I think that suits them. It's like trying to work off a canvas thats already been drawn on. Or buying a used DS with stickers and glitter all over it vs. buying a used DS that looks about the same as the original condition for the same price.

"You can cycle the clothes out!" It takes about 24 articles of clothing to cycle old clothes. Sometimes they wont put it in their storage, further messing up and cluttering their home.

"Complain to Isabelle!" That won't work either. Isabelle does no fix the clothing/furniture issue in the slightest and only makes them stop wearing the clothes for a day.

This ungifted/gifted villager thing isn't just a new problem in NH. Its been a problem with trading villagers in all games trading villagers was possible. I understand its hard to gifted villagers, but people need to understand they we play the games in certain ways. And I'm one of the people who like villagers with their original homes. If you really want to sell a villager, dont give them gifts if you know you're not going to keep them. Otherwise you might have to suck it up and hope someone wants a gifted dreamie.

Back