The ACNH Rant Thread

Okay, thanks for the info. I think I was inclined to believe that person because I feel like I'm the only one who has experienced a villager say specific dialogue (as in, not normal gift exchange dialogue) when he gave me his picture. I have the screenshot and the recorded exchange of that saved. I think the only reason that happened was because I got it after doing a delivery task for him, rather than just giving him something. It seems that might be an oversight on the NH team's part, which I hope they fix lol
It might just not be a guarantee, plus the villagers I don’t visit before they move are normally ones I’ve not spoken to much while they’ve been on my island, so friend ship level may be a factor too? I do hope they fix little glitches soon, we definitely need a QOL update!

i really wish there was a way to store flowers like we used to... there are literally hordes of flowers all over my town- both regular and hybrids- that i don't know what to do with right now. i don't want to just sell them bc what if i need them :/

also, i wish all of the bushes were bloomed year-round.. i hate planting bushes just for them to lose their flowers by next week

i really wish there was a way to store flowers like we used to... there are literally hordes of flowers all over my town- both regular and hybrids- that i don't know what to do with right now. i don't want to just sell them bc what if i need them :/

also, i wish all of the bushes were bloomed year-round.. i hate planting bushes just for them to lose their flowers by next week
I’m scared to put more than like 6 flowers down incase It gets out of hand. I can’t just run through them to thin them out anymore 😒
I understand why that’s a great addition to the game when having guests over but why can’t I ruin my own flowers?

I’ve not visited villagers before and not got a goodbye letter. I miss them ☹
Speaking of letters, where is Pete

One time I wrote a letter to a villager with the line, “Come on Pete, deliver this already,” not yet realizing Pete wasn’t even in this game.

If the animals had minds, they would’ve probably been wondering who the heck this Pete guy I mentioned was...

We need special boots to stomp and kill unwanted flowers like in the old days. 😅

Not really a rant, but I wish we could set up a permanent ladder on a cliff instead of having to build a huge incline. Let me just put the ladder down... and leave it. Would save a lot space and add more variety.
Omg that would be such a good idea aah :'0 I never thought of this but now I want it... I do like inclines but havng the option for ladders too would be really neat

I wish there was some kind of online trading market in the game itself, rather than having to rely on TBTF/Nookazon/Turnip.Exchange/etc.
It would be so so great if they could make it similar to the one on Gaiaonline, or Runescape. Want to sell excess hybrids or DIYs? Just upload them for however many bells you want to sell them for. When they sell, you get the bells put in your ABD directly. Or if you buy something, you get it mailed to you the next day.

Although I guess a huge issue with an in-game marketplace would be inflation, and the potential to receive a glitchy hacked item. IDK. It's something they could do but they just don't.

I wish there was some kind of online trading market in the game itself, rather than having to rely on TBTF/Nookazon/Turnip.Exchange/etc.
It would be so so great if they could make it similar to the one on Gaiaonline, or Runescape. Want to sell excess hybrids or DIYs? Just upload them for however many bells you want to sell them for. When they sell, you get the bells put in your ABD directly. Or if you buy something, you get it mailed to you the next day.

Although I guess a huge issue with an in-game marketplace would be inflation, and the potential to receive a glitchy hacked item. IDK. It's something they could do but they just don't.
Or even just like instead of redd, kappn could randomly come to the secret beach and open up a trade market once in a while! U give him stuff and set a price for it, like runescapes auction. Ahhh would be nice.

ok ok ok
no
everything else is fine
but this
this thing annoys me
A LOT!

at the able sisters ... please, please nintendo, please ... PLEASE allow me to buy different colors of clothes without having to:
try them on
press "purchase"
confirm that, yes, I want to purchase this
Make sure to say that, no, I would not like to try them on right now
see the animation of me leaving the booth
talk to mabel
walk in again
confirm that, yes, I do want to go into the booth
see the animation of walking in and closing the curtains ...

That process is SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOW!
why can't I just ... "hey I like this" *purchase* *continue shopping*

ok ok ok
no
everything else is fine
but this
this thing annoys me
A LOT!

at the able sisters ... please, please nintendo, please ... PLEASE allow me to buy different colors of clothes without having to:
try them on
press "purchase"
talk to mabel
walk in again

i was about to say!!! like it's so frustratinggg

also my rant:

villager dialogue is stale, like super stale. i thought they'd improve from NL and add newer dialogue, more conversation, being able to talk for longer, etc etc.

you legit come up say hi and they're like "oh yeah hi it's you again, what do you want" and you're like "let's chat!" and they literally say ONE SENTENCE like one simple random sentence like "yea i almost ate my book yesterday"

i was about to say!!! like it's so frustratinggg

also my rant:

villager dialogue is stale, like super stale. i thought they'd improve from NL and add newer dialogue, more conversation, being able to talk for longer, etc etc.

you legit come up say hi and they're like "oh yeah hi it's you again, what do you want" and you're like "let's chat!" and they literally say ONE SENTENCE like one simple random sentence like "yea i almost ate my book yesterday"

God, villager dialogue is probably my least favorite thing about this whole game. It's so boring and you talk to a villager twice and they go "oh, it's you again".

I actually went back to my city folk town yesterday and the dialogue was a million times better compared to new horizons, which is incredibly frustrating.

ok ok ok
no
everything else is fine
but this
this thing annoys me
A LOT!

try them on
press "purchase"
talk to mabel
walk in again

THIS SO MUCH!!!!
I have complained about this before, but seriously...who thought the current system for this was a good idea??? Also, since everything has a color in the catalogue why why why doesn't it give you the color on the item name in store and in your pockets? I am starting to agree with the people that are saying this is an unfinished game. Not just that there will be updates but things like this point to them rushing, and leaving things half done.

Alright, here's something odd but very minor that bothers me now that I've noticed it:

Basically, female animals that sing Bubblegum K.K. sound just like Isabelle...but it isn't exactly the same This can be easily noticed on the first high note ("when the bubblegum pops" in the fan-made lyrics). Isabelle sings it perfectly. Upward note then stops:
However, in New Horizons, this same note (and others throughout the song) awkwardly go back to their original pitch, causing them to sound like they're trying to be silly or are scared for some reason:
Ugh, it's so close but not perfect... This has to be a slight error, as New Horizons seems to have some things in common with New Leaf (and therefore Happy Home Designer), so I'd assume the code for singing was based on what Isabelle does in HHD, bt I don't know how this slight error would make it in. It isn't like the slightly off-pitch thing animals do when singing, which gives them a more natural sound; This doesn't sound like it belongs. (Also, if it somehow is intentional, it causes every female to sound like none of them can sing as good as Isabelle, who otherwise just stands or sits behind a counter all day.

It sucks that you can only have one island per switch. They should make it an option if you want to share an island or not, and also when 2 people are playing on the same switch at the same time it sucks that only the leader can do stuff and other people are just... there. It makes sense on why they put that feature in, but it just bothers me for some reason having to share a switch.

i’m still baffled by the fact that we can’t put diy cards in our storage but we can put a whole ass lighthouse and a bunch of critters, - another confusing feature made by nintendo😍😂
01E7CEC6-55FF-4386-A931-C263DA0709BB.jpeg

reminds me of this

Back