The ACNH Rant Thread

Another opinion that’s not about the game buuuut:

- I’m starting to actually hate going on r/AnimalCrossing because of how hypocritical people can be on there, and tbh some of the users on there are straight up... *****y, like *seriously*. Let people play AC the way they want. If someone wants to have all the popular villagers, cool, let them. If someone wants a Japanese-themed town, cool, let them. But my god, stop putting down people for doing those things. I saw people actually attack someone for wanting Raymond, Marina and Sherb and comments going “everytime I see those villagers I roll my eyes because wow ppl are willing to use their NMT for that thing”. Well guess what? Nobody asked, because that’s their game and they can do that if they want. Also the amount of comments that are extremely snarky or condescending comments I see on there everytime someone posts a picture of a Japanese-themed village makes me sigh. This subreddit’s fake and shallow forced positivity is really *irritating*

- Alof of the ACNH youtubers are kinda annoying and it really bothers me how so many of them are willing to spread misinformation like how “certain villagers can be found at certain times of the day” or “clapping for Orville increases your chances of getting a rare island” (I clap for Orville because he’s a good boi, not for rare islands). Not to mention some youtubers are actually promoting buying bells and NMTs for irl money 🙄
I didn’t know that some people are condescending towards others making a Japanese town. I was actually thinking about creating an Asian-inspired town, with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean influences, but now it seems that some people actually put others down for their personal choices. Like, dude, it’s their town, they can do whatever they want with it. Some people just want to be negative for the sake of being negative.

It makes me sad that people are put off from doing what they like because of what others may think or say. Please don't! Do what makes you happy, because in the end nobody really cares. People just like blowing off steam or making themselves feel good by putting others down. Not worth any thought at all.

I loved Hazel and Frita in my NL town, but I barely talk to them in this game now. I may just end up letting one of them move. I never played Pocket Camp. Was interacting with the animals one of the low parts of the game? I feel like they may have been to heavily influenced by it because this game has a mobile feel to it.
Hm in my game Hazel is very sassy and still has the most dialogue, even compared to other Uchi.
Post automatically merged:

Why do you think that everyone won't have time to play daily? I had to go back to work and I still have time to play daily. Now, if it is not wanting to play daily, that is a different animal.

I do agree that they should make Redd guaranteed to be seen more regularly. I'm not sure if once a week would be too much or just right. I know he comes much more often in New Leaf because I have gotten him twice in three weeks and that isn't with daily play. Just plain luck.
And? I think it’s easy to understand how many people don’t have time to play daily, and even if then it’s mostly a choice, it means they have higher priorities. Even working is a high priority choice if you’re that existential.

What's with all the rain lately? It's every day almost all the time. It's getting in the way of me catching particular bugs and getting shooting stars 😤

June is rain season

1593088129363.png

I wish like items could stack like if we can stack fruit why can't we stack fish or bugs of the same variety? Also why can't we choose how many to remove from the pile instead of one at a time? And lastly this really peeves me...why is the only perk you get to fully upgrading and paying off your house free exteriors? The exteriors are bland, I wish we could change the shape of our houses, and I wish we could use ALL exteriors before fully upgrading the entire house. I also wish we could choose which room to upgrade because I wanted my second house to just have a main room, upstairs and basement as I used to love that look on the houses in NL. I suppose we will get more exteriors in an upgrade at some point (I would hope), but it would be nice to have more now.

Currently annoyed about the lack of attention towards the southern hemisphere. I paid just as much for the game as everybody else, and I'm starting to feel like every single update will be catered for the north, such as brewster in the fall and etc. C'mon they are even calling the free summer update, why did they give us the ability to choose? Just to feel left out? Probably there'll be an update for the winter coming in december when we're in the summer

When I log on, I want to relax and not have to answer obligatory phone calls from the Nook brothers.
This is so stupid. Like why couldn't they send something in the mail each day instead of forcing us to have to sit through more? Long loading, Isabelle's useless announcements (how many socks can she keep losing?) and then the Nook's bells. I used to sell everything in the crate, but now I just sell at the shop even if it's garbage. It's not convenient. Selling stuff at 20% cut should be for convenience. They missed the mark there.

This is incredibly disappointing and just more proof the game was rushed. They didn't include diving... in a game where you're on and island?! In an update, like we should be happy that they remembered "oh yeah, that was a feature right?".

This is so sad coming from Nintendo, Bethesda I can expect this from, but Nintendo? What's worse is the new fans who think this is normal and are all like "yasss omg uwu we're getting diving thanks nintendo!!!!"

At least it says Summer Update Wave 1 so hopefully there'll be some more this time around. But yeah some of these updates are so slow going. I can see getting more mileage out of this update with catching sea critters, but we had 3 months of diving we just lost that should had been from the start. So unless you TT you got to wait until the next year rolls around and it's not really your fault.

I’m bored of seeing SH players moaning about how the update has the word “summer” in it.

Every AC game leading up to this one has been primarily on NH seasons

We were all given the option to be SH or NH at the beginning. Nintendo is based in Japan (NH).
WE ALL GET THE SAME UPDATE AT THE SAME TIME.

Saying diving in winter is “unrealistic” is madness. Everyone’s living on an island ran by talking raccoons and flying dodos.

I like having K.K play me a song based on my mood and today I finally got hit by the K.K. Bubblegum bullet.

No shade at people who like the song but I've heard it too many times between NL and NH so I really don't enjoy it anymore. I just like hearing new and different songs on my K.K days.

Yes, I am complaining about the random song I got played. Let me be petty in peace.

Back