• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Tell me about your ACNH scam stories

Someone wanted to trade their raymond for marshal on discord, they gave me a plausible story, i boxed up marshal for them, they said they were gonna get raymond into boxes, and then ghosted me. :// Kinda sucks that I took time to invite marshal to my island and move him out, but that was the only loss since I have his amiibo card

Got my first scam today.

Got Audie and was trying to trade her for Raymond (for my friend!) and [REDACTED] blocked my friend and I after taking Audie. :s

This is why I hate Discord. No one I’ve met through there has been nice or trustworthy.
I've met some chill people through discord, though I only use the Nook's Cranny channel to crosspost stuff. Also, I wouldn't be mentioning who specifically you've had a bad experience with; this probably isn't a good place to be calling people out.

I haven't been scammed, blessed be. But I do feel that I was wronged once like, a while back. It's probably really childish that it still bothers me but it permanently affected my file on here. For years on this site I'd say I'd been a pretty decent member and stayed outta trouble and always did my best to communicate and be fair during trades and stuff. Well I held a giveaway one time and just one of my winners had a different timezone or schedule than I did. I tried several times to meet them and arrange a meeting time to give them their prize from the giveaway and after like 2 or 3 failed meets they left a negative review on my profile. The only negative feedback that I have and it haunts me. I get that it was frustrating for both sides but I tried so hard to give them their dang prize and they just quit trying on me and said I did bad by them. I don't hate them or dislike them for it but I'm still salty every time I see it on my page! The only loss they took was their prize not being delivered, since I didn't ask for anything in return. I just wish they had been more patient with me...

Everyone I personally have met here has been super nice and trustworthy, so luckily, I have not been scammed yet. However, I know plenty of people who have had to deal with some bad eggs. Tell be about your stories, whether it be an experience here or on another website.
Someone blocked me and tried to put me on blast for giving them exactly what they wanted for a villager
564A0784-DD14-45E4-8C2F-7B40E1666039.png

Attachments

• F93DE6A9-6A83-4D53-AD43-23F3C1B2070E.jpeg
    F93DE6A9-6A83-4D53-AD43-23F3C1B2070E.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 360
Man, that's really disrespectful. If you accept an offer, you really should commit to it. Hope your searches go better down the line.
Totally agree. I accepted an offer and gave a user a code. I got a better offer right after but I just turned it down. If you commit, you should follow through.

Not a scam but I had someone literally wander off (and stole my weeds!) that I fenced off my airport for 2 weeks. That made me really upset for a while. It's not even about the weeds, it's just people wandering off your sight is just scary. I've had someone steal my hybrids in New Leaf that I hacked the display flowers (ones that are hybrids but breeds only normal flowers) to prevent my heartaches with losing flowers I worked hard on again. I don't care if people insult me for that but I'd rather punish griefers/thieves with hybrids that are fake. They deserve it.
okay really stupidly late reply but that's some commitment and I admire that.

I let 3 people come to my island for Animal Crossings got talent and paid the winner 10 thousand bells she then shook and took all of my money trees and took all of my turnips that I worked up early that same day to get this has now stoped me from any animal crossing trading at all

This wasn't a scam but it pissed me off.

I bought an item from someone a while ago and they asked if I wanted any golden tools.
I said no. I absolutely did not want them as I wanted to unlock them myself.

They dumped some golden tools on the ground and left.

I picked them up to dispose of them, and suddenly I got the Nook Mile achievements for obtaining golden tools.

It completely ruined that for me.

I wanted to do that myself. :(

I haven't been scammed but I've had people reply to my villager adoption threads expressing interest, I'll hold the villager for them and close the thread so I don't get other offers, then they'll ghost me for days. I gave the first two the benefit of doubt and help Shep for 3 days once, but since then I check up with them a few times within 3 hours of them accepting and if they don't reply by then I move on

I got scammed out of some unidentified fossils but my fossil section of the museum was complete during that time so I didn't care too much. Just kinda sucks more deserving people could've used those fossils honestly.

i haven't been scammed (yet) thankfully.. the only things i can think of that have been slightly "scary" are when i'm hosting my town for celeste or a villager crafting and someone just starts running in the opposite direction or wanders off because they want to see the rest of island. i'm fine if you'd like to look around or shop, but obviously not when i'm hosting my town and trying to get people in and out as quickly as possible because there's a queue! i have a hard time saying no too (one of my faults i know) so most of the time if people just ask before doing something it solves the problem.

Not really a scam, but someone wasted my time.

Someone here(with over 100 positive feedback ratings), was looking for a specific flower wreath DIY, and I told him I can help him to find it, he agreed to trade a lucky cat with me. And after a long day of work, I spent over 3 hours and found the DIY, I PM him, he said will trade on the 2nd day at 9am my time. Actually the 2nd day is my birthday, but I don't mind to do that trade, since he likes that DIY.
And on that 2nd day, I woke up early and waiting for him to get online, and sent him a PM says I'm ready to trade. And after few hours of waiting, when he got online, he didn't reply my PM, even though he was replying other's post. I kept PM him asking when to trade, he never replied back to me. After 6 hours of waiting on my birthday, I PM him said I won't hold this DIY for him, since this is just ridiculous, I just hate waiting in real life. I own companies, I never do business with timeless people.
And somehow I saw the new post that he is giving away 3 free flower wreaths, is the one I found for him. I think he found it somewhere, and never reply my PM and told me anything.

People who doesn't care about their appointments or schedules or other people's feelings, also irresponsible, they won't be successful in real life.

I haven't heard anything from him until today, no PM saying he doesn't need anymore, or any apologize of wasting my time.

Last edited:
Was selling Gulliver items and the buyer came to my island and started taking my recipes that I accidentally left out and instantly started to learn them. (Was saving for someone but whatever... I just thought it was super rude) The person paid for the Gulliver items but then saw another item they wanted and tried repeatedly grabbing it off the stool I had it on for display (obviously they couldn’t.)

They wanted to look around my shops afterwards and I just said I’m sorry I have to go. I was irked at that point lol

I havent exactly been scammed but I am very confused, I started a villager trade on Wednesday with someone on here, they got the villager they wanted from me so it was just time for me to wait for them to get their villager into boxes. They messaged me the next day saying they're internet had been cut off and they had the villager in boxes and ready, and when I sent a reply they had already been offline for like 5 minutes. They were seen online again at like 9 p.m. that day but since then they haven't been online and I've not heard from them.

I havent exactly been scammed but I am very confused, I started a villager trade on Wednesday with someone on here, they got the villager they wanted from me so it was just time for me to wait for them to get their villager into boxes. They messaged me the next day saying they're internet had been cut off and they had the villager in boxes and ready, and when I sent a reply they had already been offline for like 5 minutes. They were seen online again at like 9 p.m. that day but since then they haven't been online and I've not heard from them.
ahhh, i'm sorry, but it does seem like you've been scammed out of a villager trade. if they haven't contacted you back since despite seeing your message, they were probably never intended on fulfilling their end of the trade. in that case, you should definitely leave a negative review for them. i do hope you find that villager soon though!

ahhh, i'm sorry, but it does seem like you've been scammed out of a villager trade. if they haven't contacted you back since despite seeing your message, they were probably never intended on fulfilling their end of the trade. in that case, you should definitely leave a negative review for them. i do hope you find that villager soon though!
See what I dont understand is that they had a 100% rating from multiple people :/ just confuses me in a way

I was selling trips to use my saharah for only 5 nmt for the cafe wallpaper ( I really needed nmt and I think 5 nmt is p cheap) But I had a girl who forgot her nmt at her town. I didn't wanna waste time so i let her get the wallpaper for free but im like... how do you forget your money when trading with people lul. Not a big deal to me, just find it funny. I am guilty of not replying to one person who was selling me stuff, our time zones were off and the guilt haunts me cus I feel bad for wasting their time ;-; My biggest thing is communication when trading, if people are in queue for buying stuff from me, I always give them updates in increments of time so they don't feel like they were forgotten <3

See what I dont understand is that they had a 100% rating from multiple people :/ just confuses me in a way
Unfortunately some folks with 100% positive reviews aren't always honest.

Just as some with one bad review aren't always guilty.

Back