• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

TBT's Second Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a self portrait and it looks just like me like if you agree
16-F25961-710-A-47-B0-8826-62449208-D7-B8.jpg

This took way to long to boil and wait for the first two coats I had to leave so that’s why it’s still wet oop

Here’s my entry! c:
856BF717-C605-4F00-A836-11B53A27ACB6.jpeg

Materials:
Craft egg (slightly bigger than a real egg, but it was the closest the store had)
Acrylic paint
Model magic (for flower ase)

My idea was of a goddess of spring and creation.
42271234-BA59-48AA-B1C8-77FE2FA8A308.jpeg
B7177612-DDB2-4946-A23F-FB236DCB477A.jpeg
D3651398-CE5F-46B3-BCCB-AABB934E330E.jpeg
D14E5D40-8538-47A4-9DEB-4A271E68AF1F.jpeg
D7E89151-2A31-436C-ABFA-2C2B287EDB7C.jpeg
5EE4C008-79C4-40E8-92F7-A7E96A3E8A05.jpeg

Attachments

• 20793388-9032-4CA4-9469-D21C52030512.jpeg
    20793388-9032-4CA4-9469-D21C52030512.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 26814B25-9369-4DAC-9440-0FC09EF88F82.jpeg
    26814B25-9369-4DAC-9440-0FC09EF88F82.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 5B7FC308-3BCE-4F9B-B911-52C39F0D1C0C.jpeg
    5B7FC308-3BCE-4F9B-B911-52C39F0D1C0C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 00BEF022-1346-4DD6-BB2A-F40622E9A48B.jpeg
    00BEF022-1346-4DD6-BB2A-F40622E9A48B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 62EE92CA-FABB-4E26-906C-97AA324982F1.jpeg
    62EE92CA-FABB-4E26-906C-97AA324982F1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
My egg is based off of Odeko from Katamari Damacy! Last time this contest occurred I made the Prince and this year I wanted to continue the trend.
1617309874464.png
1617309984319.png

Made with basically paper, pens, sticky tape and cardboard tubes. The paler purple paper for the majority of the head does slightly resemble blue in this lighting, but do not be fooled - this Odeko is purple just like the games. :lemon:

Here’s my entry! c:
View attachment 365491
Materials:
Craft egg (slightly bigger than a real egg, but it was the closest the store had)
Acrylic paint

View attachment 365506View attachment 365503View attachment 365504View attachment 365505View attachment 365508View attachment 365507
This is so beautiful! You are so talented :D

My egg is based off of Odeko from Katamari Damacy! Last time this contest occurred I made the Prince and this year I wanted to continue the trend.
View attachment 365511View attachment 365513

Made with basically paper, pens, sticky tape and cardboard tubes. The paler purple paper for the majority of the head does slightly resemble blue in this lighting, but do not be fooled - this Odeko is purple just like the games. :lemon:
AH SO CUTE!

hey vris! just wanted to ask if we’re able to add on clay to the pointier side of the egg to make both sides even and more circular? ive already done it but completely forgot to ask and confirm first, i can definitely peel a part of the clay on the back of it to show the egg inside, but does it still qualify if it looks like a somewhat circular egg? the plastic egg i used was already rounded out pretty much with only a very small tip, so i only needed to add a very thin and small layer of extra clay on it. would this be okay if i show a picture with the plastic egg inside the clay when i post my submission (as a separate picture of course)

Here's my entry. I wasn't sure I would have enough time to get an entry done in time so I'm so happy I finished. Items used: Egg, Paper, Colored Pencils, Markers & Tape

tbt_egg_contest_2021_entry_by_valzed_degzazo-pre.jpg

Here's the pic it's loosely based on and an extra pic of our faces for funsies.
brody__shark_by_valzed_degzb2z-pre.jpg

tbt_egg_contest_2021_extra_by_valzed_degzazm-pre.jpg

hey vris! just wanted to ask if we’re able to add on clay to the pointier side of the egg to make both sides even and more circular? ive already done it but completely forgot to ask and confirm first, i can definitely peel a part of the clay on the back of it to show the egg inside, but does it still qualify if it looks like a somewhat circular egg? the plastic egg i used was already rounded out pretty much with only a very small tip, so i only needed to add a very thin and small layer of extra clay on it. would this be okay if i show a picture with the plastic egg inside the clay when i post my submission (as a separate picture of course)
As long as you can show me that you originally used an egg (bird or craft) I will be happy. The method you have described above sounds like it should be fine.

Here's my entry. I wasn't sure I would have enough time to get an entry done in time so I'm so happy I finished. Items used: Egg, Paper, Colored Pencils, Markers & Tape

tbt_egg_contest_2021_entry_by_valzed_degzazo-pre.jpg

Here's the pic it's loosely based on and an extra pic of our faces for funsies.
brody__shark_by_valzed_degzb2z-pre.jpg

tbt_egg_contest_2021_extra_by_valzed_degzazm-pre.jpg

this is so cute!!

Here’s my entry! c:
View attachment 365491
Materials:
Acrylic paint

View attachment 365506View attachment 365503View attachment 365504View attachment 365505View attachment 365508View attachment 365507

This is absoltely gorgeous!!!
How small are your brushes!!? Another question, since im always willing to learn from anyone, what tone of paint do you put on first to give a shadowy depth or is it preference?

I couldn't find craft eggs, so I got to experience the joy of hollowing out an egg. An unusual experience.

I layered acrylic paint over watercolor, used charcoal for the lines, then sprayed a shiny sealant on top. I wanted it to have a transparent, church window-effect, but it didn't work out. :c

It's Molly! Among tulips! C-can't you tell?
duckegg.jpg

duckegg2.jpg

eggconcept.jpg

This is absoltely gorgeous!!!
How small are your brushes!!? Another question, since im always willing to learn from anyone, what tone of paint do you put on first to give a shadowy depth or is it preference?
Thank you!!
Okay, this might be more depth than you were looking for, but here ya go.
I have the regular smallest size brushes that you can find at a craft store. The one I used is specifically a Connoisseur brand round in size 0. To make really small lines, water your paint down, angle your brush to get more of a point, and hold your brush farther back on the handle (this is why tiny striping brushes with really long bristles are a thing: better control for really tiny marks!). And honestly, getting really tiny lines like her eyelashes can come down to luck. (I was shocked!)

The egg is wooden, so the base color was a medium brown. (Handy for values) The order was sketch, background, hair, skin, details. I did the lighter part of the hair first, and made the rainbow gradient. The darker parts of the hair are basically the color I mixed minus the white, plus water. However, I typically start with the middle tone! (This is a preference, but it’s easier for me to figure out values that way. Some people do a whole black and white under painting before they add color!)

The skin has a lot of color variation since I had a hard time mixing the exact color I wanted. (And I tend to mix directly on the piece)
The darkest value is a warm blue plus a red closer to yellow than purple. This makes a dark, desaturated purple. The lighter purple line on the strand of hair by her ear? Same color as the dark lines, just much more watered down.
Uhh, I’m an art education major, so I’m happy to answer any other art questions in way too much depth...

Ok can someone plzzzz help me??? I keep trying to post pics but they keep posting sideways!!! How do I fix this???

I already know I'll come to regret passing up 3 free egg currency for participation, but I think I'll be sitting this out. Don't really want to seek out all of the necessary materials and, after seeing the quality stuff people have made in the past, I'm not confident I'd be able to pull off anything half decent even if I came up with a good concept. Too many skilled, artistically-inclined people. :p

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with though.
Despite posting this on the first page, I ended up deciding I really didn't want to pass up those 3 participation eggs, so I acquired the necessary materials. I actually made two different ideas yesterday to see which would turn out better, then a third idea came to mind that I like a lot better, and so I'm going to have to get started on that other one tonight. Hopefully this third idea I came up with turns out decent, but if not I at least have alternatives to fall back on.

Anyway, back to work.

Great work, everybody. Lots of talent on display from the community, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back