• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Second Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
eggdeco2.png

This year we are eggcited to bring back the Egg Decorating Contest!

The egg decorating contest was introduced in 2019 as an alternative way to earn the coveted Egg currency. By entering this event you are guaranteed to be able to afford at least one egg collectible during TBT's Ninth Annual Easter Egg Hunt next weekend.

Please make sure to read the requirements and limitations of this contest carefully. We have overhauled the rules of this event since it's 2019 iteration, so even if you participated the first time around please be sure to read this post in full! Eggnorance is not an eggcceptable eggcuse and may result in your entry being disqualified.

Task

To enter you need to decorate an egg and submit a photograph of it—along with a name card containing your forum username—in this thread by Sunday April 4th 2021 at 11:59PM EST in order to receive the entry prize of 3 Egg currency. The best eggs will be nominated by the TBT staff members and will be put forward to a public poll. The community will then vote to determine who is the best egg decorator!

Requirements

• You may use a hard-boiled bird egg (chicken, duck, or quail) or a plain craft egg (styrofoam, plastic, or wooden) of similar size.
  • If you wish to use quail eggs you must decorate three instead of one.
  • Optional: you may wish to use an egg cup or create an alternative holder for presentation purposes. While not mandatory we will evaluate any egg holders as part of the entry if it is evident you have created it yourself.

If you are not ordinarily allowed to use the cooker alone please ask the homeowner's permission first and ask them to help you if you are unsure of how to boil an egg.

Rules

• Only one entry per person.
  • Once your entry has been submitted it cannot be edited.
  • The entry must be made completely by yourself. No plagiarism and no collaborations.
  • Do not enhance your entries with filters or graphics programmes.
  • Please put effort into your submission. If we think your entry lacks effort, or has been submitted as a yolk, then it'll be disqualified.
  • Keep content suitable for a PG-13 audience. If it would breach our Rules & Guidelines then it's not suitable here.
  • Entries that fail to meet the requirements will not be accepted.

Submission

When your entry is finished, submit it by posting a photograph of it in this thread. Please remember to include a name card to prove that it belongs to you. Your entry cannot be edited after it has been submitted.

Entries must be submitted by Sunday April 4th 2021 at 11:59PM EST.

Prizes

First Place
53.jpg
First Place Trophy collectible​
eggofyourchoice.png
An Easter Egg collectible of your choice*
Second Place
52.jpg
Second Place Trophy collectible​
eggofyourchoice.png
Third Place
54.jpg
Third Place Trophy collectible​
eggofyourchoice.png
Participation Prize
3 Egg currency usable in TBT's Ninth Annual Easter Egg Hunt**

* Egg collectibles exempt from this prize are the Golden Egg collectible and the 2020 Halloweaster Egg collectibles.
** Participation prizes will not be distributed until after the Golden Egg collectible has been claimed in TBT's Ninth Annual Easter Egg Hunt.

FAQs

Q. Has this event replaced the Easter Egg Hunt?
A. We are still running an egg hunt this year! Check back on April 3rd to join us for the ninth year of egg hunting madness.

Q. How does this contest work in conjunction with the Easter Egg Hunt?
A. Currency for this event will be distributed after the Golden Egg has been claimed in the Easter Egg Hunt. To claim the Golden Egg collectible you will still need to solve all clues in the egg hunt.

Q. What is Egg currency?
A. Egg currency can be used to purchase Easter Egg collectibles in the TBT Easter Egg Hunt.

Q. Does my egg need to be Animal Crossing themed?
A. You may do whatever you like - just keep it PG-13!

Q. What can I use to decorate my egg?
A. If you really want to make your egg stand out then glitter, craft paper, pipe cleaners, stick-on eyes, cotton wool, and similar items are all acceptable to add to your egg.

Q. What can I not use to decorate my egg?
A. If it's not a traditional craft material or you didn't make it yourself by hand then it is prohibited. e.g. if you were to glue a toy hat on your egg then this would not be okay because you didn't make the hat yourself. You may not use stickers (beyond stick-on eyes) or anything that has been made digitally. If you're unsure about a material you wish to use then feel free to ask.

Q. How should I present my egg?
A. You may take a photograph of your egg on its own or you may use an egg cup, an egg carton, a basket, etc to present your egg. If you decorate the egg holder yourself it will be evaluated as part of your entry.

Q. Does it need to be a real egg?
A. You may use eggs designed for craft purposes as long as they are plain.

Q. Are goose eggs allowed?
A. Goose eggs are not allowed this time around.

Q. Can I use an alternative animal egg - e.g. crocodile?
A. Please only use bird eggs or craft eggs.

Q. Why do I need to enter three quail eggs when people who use chicken or duck eggs only have to enter one?
A. This is due to quail eggs being significantly smaller; this is not discrimination against quails. We think quails are cute and we wish only the best for them.

Q. How will the winners be decided?
A. The staff will vote internally to nominate entries. The entries with the most staff votes will then go forward to a public poll within two weeks of the contest closing. The recipients for the first, second, and third place prizes will then be decided on by the community.

Q. Am I allowed to participate in this contest if I am banned from participating in TBT's Ninth Annual Easter Egg Hunt?
A. Yes, you are allowed to participate in the egg decorating contest and you will be able to spend the three Egg currency you receive on the lowest-priced egg collectible in the shop.

also just to clarify, we’re not allowed to draw our entry? it has to be a real egg or an egg mold?

Vris looking out for Goose’s well-being uwu <3
(I’m hyped for this event ahhhhh)
I was hoping someone would spot that! 🐔

can i submit a hardboiled painted yolk?
No yolk entries. 🙅‍♂️

also just to clarify, we’re not allowed to draw our entry? it has to be a real egg or an egg mold?
This is correct! It needs to be either a bird egg or a craft egg. We made sure to have this event up early enough so that people have two full weekends to gather/order any resources they need and design their eggs, so we won't be providing any alternatives.

I already know I'll come to regret passing up 3 free egg currency for participation, but I think I'll be sitting this out. Don't really want to seek out all of the necessary materials and, after seeing the quality stuff people have made in the past, I'm not confident I'd be able to pull off anything half decent even if I came up with a good concept. Too many skilled, artistically-inclined people. :p

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with though.

Also just to clarify, "craft eggs" can include the plastic easter egg hunt eggs that pop open, right? I know it says plastic up there, but wanted to make sure those worked too

Not sure about this one although I am desperate for as many egg collectibles as possible. The expense is a factor as I don’t have anything available to decorate already. I looked up costs of dye pens and glitter etc and it is too much to justify what would turn out a mess 🥺🥲

Also just to clarify, "craft eggs" can include the plastic easter egg hunt eggs that pop open, right? I know it says plastic up there, but wanted to make sure those worked too
Yes, these are included! We would recommend coating them with something (e.g. a layer of paint) first before decorating on top of them because their texture will make them more difficult to work with than other mediums.

that line totally didn’t make me crack up right there

Thanks for another event staff, I can’t wait to decorate some eggs!
I promise we like quails! 🥺

Not sure about this one although I am desperate for as many egg collectibles as possible. The expense is a factor as I don’t have anything available to decorate already. I looked up costs of dye pens and glitter etc and it is too much to justify what would turn out a mess 🥺🥲
No need for anything fancy; WH Smiths own felt tips and paint would do the job!

I already know I'll come to regret passing up 3 free egg currency for participation, but I think I'll be sitting this out. Don't really want to seek out all of the necessary materials and, after seeing the quality stuff people have made in the past, I'm not confident I'd be able to pull off anything half decent even if I came up with a good concept. Too many skilled, artistically-inclined people. :p

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with though.

i’m with you - my artistic abilities are just,, nonexistent, especially when it comes to stuff like this lol so looks like i’ll have to rely on my one braincell to get me through the egg hunt. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back