TBT's Earth Week 2024: Hybrid Flower Breeding & More!

I didn’t get any hybrids this round. :c

I hope my lineup is effectively arranged... Does it increase chances of getting a type of hybrid if I have multiple sets of the parent flower types or is it the same likelihood as if I have only one set of the parent flower types?
Each pairing has a chance to spawn a hybrid, so multiple sets will increase your chances. I try to group mine for maximum effect.

I didn’t get any hybrids this round. :c

I hope my lineup is effectively arranged... Does it increase chances of getting a type of hybrid if I have multiple sets of the parent flower types or is it the same likelihood as if I have only one set of the parent flower types?

am counting 11 combo chances to get a hybrid and 10 no hybrid combos

granted, the 10 are all golden can combos and orange/purple rose with another rose other than the other color in that pairing, so I think your lineup actually is pretty solid overall. it's just a small tradeoff that the can eats possible chances for a hybrid and that the combo to get magic red roses is basically incompatible with everything else

maybe staff can change this in the future so that hybrids incorporate parent genes in checking for hybrid possible combinations. so like orange+red can be pink/black (red parent on orange), as is possible in the main games. but for now, just gotta accept if going for certain hybrids that possibility chances will take a hit

Last edited:
So, it turns out that Sloths love to eat hibiscus flowers.
View attachment 556206
This photo is from Zoological Wildlife Foundation/Facebook
So, here is a lovely hibiscus flower for Leif.
(From Google)
View attachment 556207
Hibiscus flowers are sometimes in tea for people.
And, and, and, there is a lemon hibiscus cookie recipe that exists!! It sounds yummy and it would be cute for a summer shindig if made to have a hibiscus flower shape.

Constructing a trap with a hibiscus flower under a box attached to a string, to lure Leif out of hiding 🤔🛠️😈💡

Each pairing has a chance to spawn a hybrid, so multiple sets will increase your chances. I try to group mine for maximum effect.
Thank you so much for the response! ♥

am counting 11 combo chances to get a hybrid and 10 no hybrid combos

granted, the 10 are all golden can combos and orange/purple rose with another rose other than the other color in that pairing, so I think your lineup actually is pretty solid overall. it's just a small tradeoff that the can eats possible chances for a hybrid and that the combo to get magic red roses is basically incompatible with everything else

maybe staff can change this in the future so that hybrids incorporate parent genes in checking for hybrid possible combinations. so like orange+red can be pink/black (red parent on orange), as is possible in the main games. but for now, just gotta accept if going for certain hybrids that possibility chances will take a hit
Thanks for the thorough analysis! I actually had a pair of pansies thrown in there last night but changed it back to the can and roses only just in case. I’m feeling more confident in that switch back now. Thanks! ♥

Thank you so much for the response! ♥

Thanks for the thorough analysis! I actually had a pair of pansies thrown in there last night but changed it back to the can and roses only just in case. I’m feeling more confident in that switch back now. Thanks! ♥

if you want further analysis based upon hybrid possibilities, as opposed to just valid combos, is as follows

8 pink hybrid rose chances
2 black hybrid rose chances
2 purple hybrid rose chances
1 magic red rose chance

Last edited:
Back