TBT's Earth Week 2024: Hybrid Flower Breeding & More!

sorry if this was already mentioned, i've only had my phone and really don't wanna sift through 30+ pages on mobile but the new event submission method is a little concerning, namely this bit:

for the most part it seems innocuous enough but for an event like the nature photography one, or any instance where we're taking pictures of our surroundings (such as
scavenger hunts) it's really worrying to require photos to remain permanently on tbt. photos that can even subtly suggest where someone lives are how people have been doxxed and stalked. it might seem paranoid or exaggerated but i know two people who this has happened to personally just based on things like the shape of the windows on surrounding buildings.

much less serious but if this method is carried to other events, it's also weird to me to ask artists to have their art hosted here indefinitely. personally i'd rather have full control of my own work and it doesn't feel right leaving it in the hands of strangers with no means of removing it if i wish.

i'm not 100% sure of a way around it other than suggesting maybe a pop-up box explaining the permanence of submissions and to not include anything personal or identifiable before hitting submit. though i'm also not 100% sure why this change had to be made in the first place rather than just asking entrants for more clarification in their posts or something.
Omg that’s scary, I’m not even joining in with this event purely because I don’t want someone to identify the location

Screenshot_20240424_153451_Chrome.jpg

64 notifs... yall are legends fr

Back