TBT Game Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anybody think Minecraft for the 360 would be good for a game night?
A lot of my friends have been talking about Minecraft recently, but if I was going to get it, it would have to be for PC. If people were going to do that, I'd happily download and participate, but I don't have a 360.

Also, I'm starting City Folk back up this summer. Is there anyone who would participate in things like fishing tournaments and other fun stuff? I know most people don't play City folk anymore, especially because of AC:3DS, but this could be a good way to hold us over until it comes out.

Last edited:
So, anybody think Minecraft for the 360 would be good for a game night?
Either Minecraft works. We already had one night of the PC side, worked well.

why not start up a pokemon battle tournament?
it could start on one wednesday, and go for a few weeks. i'd participate

that aside, i'll try get on MKM on tuesday (its tuesday for me) i get off school early so we'll see

Pokemon is iffy, proven with the gym leader type dealies. The issue comes from people having to train up a team and just aren't "ready" when others want to fight.

Pokemon is iffy, proven with the gym leader type dealies. The issue comes from people having to train up a team and just aren't "ready" when others want to fight.

true true, cant they just not level up a team, and use their normal team?

oh well

A lot of my friends have been talking about Minecraft recently, but if I was going to get it, it would have to be for PC. If people were going to do that, I'd happily download and participate, but I don't have a 360.

Also, I'm starting City Folk back up this summer. Is there anyone who would participate in things like fishing tournaments and other fun stuff? I know most people don't play City folk anymore, especially because of AC:3DS, but this could be a good way to hold us over until it comes out.

I might.

If you did CF, i probably would join in, but idk if it'd work for me, with my time zone, meh

Here are some ideas:

Pokemon Challenges like what Bidoof said, but we have Gym leaders we can fight on those day and be in the irc to chat while we play. I've already beaten White and have pretty high leveled Pokemon to be a gym leader or something of that sorts. But it all depends if any of you would participate.

And about Minecraft on Xbox 360.. Most people already own it for PC, and to buy the same exact game for $20 doesn't appeal to all of them. But if we were to have more minecraft nights, I'm sure they would go well.

Diablo III is coming out and this isn't really an idea but more of just something to throw out there, but I know it is online and wonder if there's a way for us to get together and play. I think Jas0n and Brad are getting it, and I am too.

I'm not interested in Pokemon tournaments. They're a pain in the ass to setup. :| As for Minecraft, I would definitely play that again and host us a server like last time. For PC that is, not 360. I don't even own an Xbox! And yeah a few of us could play some Diablo 3 when that comes out. I'm getting it for sure.

Oh and I'll been planning on playing some City Folk already this summer so I might join in on some of that. No promises though.

what BW2 get released, activity should increase, maybe people will organise their own battles anyway, or a new wifi feature will be included and we may be able to do something with that

Minecraft 360 Edition is currently limited to four players anyway, yes?

I don't even own an Xbox!
Oh and I'll been planning on playing some City Folk already this summer so I might join in on some of that. No promises though.
I'm glad I'm not the only one without an Xbox. And the City Folk thing doesn't have to be a weekly thing. We can schedule games and such when people are around. (it shouldn't be too hard to find 4 people once a week) If people stick with it, summer of City Folk could go really well. If people are definitely interested, I'll make a thread.

i have no Xbox either, and please go ahead, make a thread for CF

Please go ahead, make a thread for CF
I know it would belong in the Gate, but I'm afraid that the junior members will take it over. They're really the only ones in that forum. Can I say that this is a senior-member only event? Or can I put it in the Nintendo section of the Gamer's lounge to avoid all confrontation? Or should it be open to everyone? I don't want to be exclusive, but I think it would be more fun with only senior-members.

I know it would belong in the Gate, but I'm afraid that the junior members will take it over. They're really the only ones in that forum. Can I say that this is a senior-member only event? Or can I put it in the Nintendo section of the Gamer's lounge to avoid all confrontation? Or should it be open to everyone? I don't want to be exclusive, but I think it would be more fun with only senior-members.

Junior members wouldn't take over it, i think restricting it to senior members would be kind of stupid. but i can see your point with only allowing senior's (i'd prefer only seniors, personally) but whatever you want to do

Game night isn't about only allowing a small amount of people to play, it is for everyone and if everyone wants to play.. well, good!
If it's something like AC, we'll just set up more towns to get everyone in to play around with.
That was the whole idea behind this, to get people here playing with others.

not flaming, but i understand where Keenan is coming from, and Andy, too (idk if this is gonna be a long post or what, but no flame, so if you flame you must have a problem with me);

I think (forgive me if any of this is wrong, but it's just what i think, hence the enhancement) Keenan wants the CF to be for the senior members - not cluttered by the newbies who play it regularly and it'll feel different to them.
I also think Keenan isn't using CF as a game night (well yes and no) as what i think is he's gonna make a thread, then try get the senior members back into CF, and use this is a part of a 'side-dish' for game night (makes sense in my head so idk about you)

I understand where Andy is coming from, limiting it to senior members, but the point is so all members get together boosting activity, possibly limiting this to senior members may annoy the lower members and yeahhh - look at it this way, the newbies who play CF enjoy the game and really want to visit other towns. If all the senior members play, and not allowing the juniors to join in, aren't they going to feel left out and leave the forum because of some stupid little 100 post count which wont let them play because you're scared they're going to 'take over'

This is like ***** Jake taking over here so yeah (still no flame), but i think if Keenan's gonna only restrict it to senior members, he should gtfo - what, 100 posts to become a senior members... That's something you can achieve in a week or two. WOW SO HARD. If you're going to restrict it to senior members, make it be the original members of TBT who were back on zB. Anyway that's just my whoremones (lol pun) speaking here so take this as an optional salad if you want

^^^ Adding to that actually, the fact that actually seeing it being restricted to senior members written down, does seem really stupid. So yes even though i previously said that i'd prefer senior members only, now i agree with Andy that anyone should be welcome

/thread + no flame

@Andy and Jake: My idea to "restrict" Cf to only senior members was more of a suggestion. I knew from the start that it was unfair to exclude people, but (as Jake put perfectly) I'm more trying to get some senior members into City Folk. Not the ones that just have 100 posts, but the ones that deny Junior members when they ask if they want to play CF because they don't play anymore. I'd like to get as many Senior members to play as we can, but I wouldn't completely disregard and ban Junior members from playing, that would be lame and unfair. Junior members play every day and most of them stay confined to the Gate. I think it would be fun to play with people we actually know, more or less. I'd like to have mostly Senior members, but I'd never exclude anyone.
Also, as Andy said, we could always open up two gates. So if there are 4 senior members and a few junior members that wanted to play, the junior members could go to one town, and we could go to another. If there weren't enough Senior members to fill a town, Junior members would obviously be able to come. I never meant to offend/exclude anyone.
I'm making a thread, so any more comments/suggestions can go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back