• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Super Smash Bros. now on NA VC!

AverageSean said:
MatthewFantasy said:
Crashman said:
Er, why would anyone buy this game, Melee outclasses this game in every single way possible.
i like it cause its has that classic feeling to it that makes it so awsome.
No, you just have your nostalgia goggles on.

Melee > All
No, you just have your nostalgia goggles on. (They do nothing, btw.)

Brawl > All

Crashman said:
Er, why would anyone buy this game, Melee outclasses this game in every single way possible.
I would buy it because I've only played it once in my life, and that was almost 2 years ago. I just want to see what the game is really like.

Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
MatthewFantasy said:
Crashman said:

Melee > All

Brawl > All
Not necessarily, it is debatable whether Melee or Brawl is better as they play differently, while Melee is totally the same as the N64 version, just upgraded.

I think Melee is better than Brawl by the way.

Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
MatthewFantasy said:
Crashman said:

Melee > All

Brawl > All
Brawl, better than Melee? lolno

bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
MatthewFantasy said:
Crashman said:

Melee > All

Brawl > All
More characters, more items, more stages, more modes, more fun. It's better, face it.

Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
MatthewFantasy said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

Melee > All

Brawl > All
More characters, more items, more stages, more modes, more fun. It's better, face it.
You don't get the point, majority of people hate the newest technology for Nintendo. I have to admit, I still play Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Nintendo 64. It beats it playing on the XBOX due to the fact that the 64 has the cussing but in the XBOX version it is all censored and if you finish the game on story mode you have a mode that allows you to hear the characters cussing on online play.

Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:
MatthewFantasy said:

Melee > All

Brawl > All
Brawl has all those things but it certainly isn't more fun. Melee plays better, all the great Melee characters were nerfed, and it was much simpler. I think all those extra things in Brawl just made it feel more congested.

I played Melee for hours on end with friends, but the same can't be said with Brawl.

Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:

Brawl > All
Brawl has all those things but it certainly isn't more fun. Melee plays better, all the great Melee characters were nerfed, and it was much simpler. I think all those extra things in Brawl just made it feel more congested.

I played Melee for hours on end with friends, but the same can't be said with Brawl.
They slapped on all the items and stages so that it can gleam more appeal to people who aren't into the series so that they can start and get brainwashed by Nintendo. :S

Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
AverageSean said:

Brawl > All

Brawl is soooooo much more fun to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Melee, but now that I've played Brawl, I can never go back. Melee is just too dull without everything that Brawl has, like Final Smashes, Subspace Emissary, Stage Builder, TONS OF GREAT MUSIC, etc.

Alecks said:
Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepyou just have your nostalgia goggles on. (They do nothing, btw.)

Brawl > All

They slapped on all the items and stages so that it can gleam more appeal to people who aren't into the series so that they can start and get brainwashed by Nintendo. :S
Um...no.

Tyeforce said:
Alecks said:
Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepyou just have your

Um...no.
Yeah, it does.

"OMG I CAN PLAY AS SONIC DADDY BUY ME THIS GAME"
Same with other characters :L

"OMG I CAN USE A LIGHTSABER IN DELFINO PLAZA"

Alecks said:
Tyeforce said:
Alecks said:
Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepyou just have yourfun. It's better, face it.

Um...no.
Yeah, it does.

They add more features to make more interesting and fun gameplay. >_>

Alecks said:
Alecks has the real game

GFG everyone
Yeah, same here too. I just bought it so I can record it for Nintensoft plus I wanted to see the frame rate fix it was said to have.

@This whole fight: I honestly think Melee is the best. The N64 game has a place in my heart though. The only thing that keeps brawl alive for me are the custom textures and advanced hacking (as in new characters and stages). Although all are great in my opinion.

Tyeforce said:
Alecks said:
Tyeforce said:
Alecks said:
Crashman said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepyou just have yourfun
Um...no.
Yeah, it does.

for newcomers to the series...

Niko, they did frame rate? Do tell, do tell.

Alecks said:
Tyeforce said:
Alecks said:
Tyeforce said:
Alecks said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepyou just have yourfun
Um...no.
Yeah, it does.

for newcomers to the series...

Niko, they did frame rate? Do tell, do tell.
Well, I always remember playing the N64 Version and having like a lag for like 1 second (usually a minor slowdown, nothing crucial though) whenever a match began or usually team polygon. In this one it's a bit more clean, although I hate using the gamecube controller (the N64 controller is the best for playing on the original console). The frame rate was usually not noticeable in the last one, but like I said this version feels a little bit more clean in that factor.

Tyeforce said:
Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepyou just have your nostalgia goggles on. (They do nothing, btw.)

Brawl > All

Brawl is soooooo much more fun to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Melee, but now that I've played Brawl, I can never go back. Melee is just too dull without everything that Brawl has, like Final Smashes, Subspace Emissary, Stage Builder, TONS OF GREAT MUSIC, etc.
Yeah see, I didn't like any of those things, although some of the music was pretty good. Not to say Brawl didn't have good things going for it, it was an okay game. I just think Melee was a lot better.

Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
bdubs2594 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepyou just have your

Yeah see, I didn't like any of those things, although some of the music was pretty good. Not to say Brawl didn't have good things going for it, it was an okay game. I just think Melee was a lot better.
I for one hate VGM but all the Warioware themes were great ;']

Final Smashes were ok, good thing you can turn them off...

SSE was so boring, I mean, a side scroller, really?
I like the stages it had though. (which sounds ironic thinking about it)
And the stage builder was really boring imo, not enough parts, and 3 backgrounds? Bleh.

Melee was all fun for me, it lasted me a good 4 years ;p

Yep, Brawl probably lasted me about 4 months. Super Smash 64 was like 3 years (yeah, I played it to death when I was a kid 0_0). Melee lasted most likely around 5 years for me.

Nikoking said:
Yep, Brawl probably lasted me about 4 months. Super Smash 64 was like 3 years (yeah, I played it to death when I was a kid 0_0). Melee lasted most likely around 5 years for me.
Same. Brawl lasted me about 2 months. Melee lasted me about a year.

Back