• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Super Mario Maker Course Sharing & Feedback Thread

JCnator

Bells
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
SUPER
MARIO MAKER
COURSE SHARING & FEEDBACK THREAD

Unless you're living under a rock, you've certainly heard about Super Mario Maker, one of the most essential Super Mario titles finally arrived on Wii U. It allows you to create and play platforming levels on both offline and online. Speaking of which, this thread strives for making easier to share and receive feedback from your fellow members (and guests) of The Bell Tree Forums.

How do I share my Super Mario Maker levels?

You'll need the 16-characters ID that is associated with each level. You can easily find them from your in-game profile on Course World and tapping the ID button from the levels you want to show in this thread. Write the name of that level, describe about the level and copy its ID to the post.

Although you only need to do what I said above, we'd prefer that you also specify the game style, the main area's course theme, the region, the difficulty, the associated tag and the date said level was uploaded. It'll help to raise the likelihood that we'll end up finding your course and add them to my bookmark even when we aren't at home yet.

How do I play these levels?

Grab the ID from any level posted there, type it in Course World's search tool and enjoy!

Or even better: Log in Super Mario Maker Bookmark Portal with your NNID, and place the ID after the "/courses/" part of the following URL:
Code:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/(insert Course ID here)
Once the level you wanted to play is shown, hit bookmark and you're ready to rumble. So much convenient and faster than typing the same ID with the Wii U GamePad.

Lacking ideas? Here are a few of my levels

Occasionally, I will post a reply in this thread to bring up a few levels that I recently uploaded. As of now, here's a few levels to get you started :

Sweeping Snake Block Fortress

WVW69in2mcUS2PU9eg

You like fast snake blocks? Well, the fortress will sure covers all of those needs! You get to follow it, ride it and even fight against it to some extent. And if you dare, find the alternate paths and be prepared for some quick challenge goodness.

48E3-0000-0106-AB4E

Nerves of Steel Fortress

WVW69i-vaSMQiJkZJd

Exercise your wit, patience and courage to bypass the Chain Chomps in this challenging level. Some of these metallic foes are attached to their post or track, while others are left unchained. There are a few Galoombas that can be grabbed and thrown if you're in mood for defeating the Chain Chomps. Collectibles are found in the level, and some of them can be tricky to grab. Key Coins often require you to perform well-timed jumps or chucking a Galoomba at them. None of them are mandatory for clearing the stage, although there is a Key Door near the end of the stage that not only has a bunch of coins, one 1UP Mushroom and a Star, but also let you skip the entire boss fight.

79F7-0000-01EF-F6F7

Twisted Plants EVERYWHERE! v1.1

WVW69ijEwK0IyDhuwp

It's a challenging level that expect you to master the spin jumping technique on Jumping Piranha Plants. A quick and light puzzle has you carrying the spring underneath a large plant, so you can continue to proceed with a running spin jump. If you end up being crafty, you could possibly see a bonus area and perhaps even find a shortcut or two.

2B9C-0000-00DA-C534

Eggman's Airship of Doom

WVW69iZvzfM4M1y1ox

Mario, er... Sonic boards on Eggman's Airship of Doom in a very fast, yet simple auto scrolling obstacle course. Keep in mind, that what awaits there are something that our speedy blue hedgehog never faced before.

5B81-0000-0050-A5C0

Mounted Monty Mole Puzzle

WVW69i0Sog4WrZ_scE

Solve the simplistic one-screen puzzle by leading a mounted Monty Mole to drop the passenger at the right place and clear the level. And that mysterious pipe... What does it lead to?

767A-0000-01A4-9444

That's all I have to say. Now, get your creative juice flowing through your soul and bring on those levels!

Last edited:
#KeepTheFaith (BA27-0000-0018-D790)

WVW69iX-LnMnoZGhFs

Trials n Tribulations (C644-0000-001D-6766)

WVW69iYEudszrx72Nv

Goomba Pipes (926C-0000-0017-4898)

WVW69iX8UCgJ1VPyZq

Here's what I've made so far

Goomba Infiltration (B203-0000-001C-0782)
GG91QyX.jpg

Escape from the Toadstool Armada (CBEF-0000-001F-2932)
nuJYEqx.jpg

Just my first try at making a level:

251A-0000-001F-605B

I updated the ID number of this level. Please try it, and comment. I'm glad this level has had great reviews.

Animal Crossing: R?novations
839F-0000-001D-57D5

As you guys can see, I took some of your advices. The bridge at the end was suggested by you !

Last edited:
Hey guys, here are three different levels that I created. I'd say they lean towards easy/medium difficulty, but feel free to try 'em out, comment, star, and follow me (let me know and I'll follow you back). I'd love to hear your feedback.

Underground Mayhem
8B47-0000-001C-FDE6
WVW69iYEJVIPNNCV6W

I Live, I Die, I Live Again
4F13-0000-001C-749E
WVW69iYDVL4j9kZJ0Q

Mad Mario: Beyond Underdome
9F61-0000-001B-EF5E
WVW69iYCnUAsVbhXCS

Last edited:
Both me and my girlfriend are enjoying this so much,we're making lots of stages but our best so far:

Find the Golden Pearl!

WVW69iYBE5cDIR9Vpd

This is my stage,it's an underwater cave,it's medium difficulty.

973E-0000-001B-2290

Burning Love

WVW69iYKJtgKu1F_as

This is my girlfriend's,it's a castle stage that also tells a love story as you go. It's tough but fair,i think it's a really great stage.

1A88-0000-0020-9F46

Try them and comment if you feel like it,also subscribe to us to see more like this :)

Last edited:
Here's one more stage of mine: Fish Fly! I'm really proud of this one.

A670-0000-0025-2C24

WVW69iYQlU4Ug1KkZ2

Last edited:
PS: It's much easier to just type in one code, and then you can check out all of that person's levels through the in-game menu after that without anymore codes. Also, you can follow them if you like the levels and then you never have to enter a code again if they post more. Just head to their profile yourself in the game.

Wall-Jumping Exercise

WVW69iYC0AoHahlIDn

Feeling a bit too pudgy? Now you can train your wall-jumping techniques in this exploration-based level to find all of the coins and 1-UP mushrooms. Did I mention you could possibly beat the level without any wall-jumping whatsoever? Quite possibly the best level I've made so far.

B962-0000-001C-149E

I gave this one a go. I like it, although I think it could benefit from being a bit longer. Also, was there meant to be anything special way up on the left side? I managed to make it there and all I could find was a block with coins, was kind of disappointed!

Mad Mario: Beyond Underdome
9F61-0000-001B-EF5E
WVW69iYCnUAsVbhXCS

This is fun. It's also the kind of level that makes me develop an irrational fear of bad things coming out of pipes.

I have just one level to share even though i have more levels uploaded, i share just one since it is the first level of a full world i created (level 3 is a bit hard though) so it is ment to be played in order by visiting my profile :3 (oh and please favorite me, i will add you too to my favorites so we can create some sort of Mario Maker community)

The Journey Begins!

4EBB-0000-0014-65D4

EDIT: CODE SHOULD WORK NOW!

Last edited:
To learn the creator from top to bottom I tried creating a stage that was "just right" for me while binge-watching Vinesauce. Problem is I think I went a bit overboard and made it super-hard, but not in the "pixel-perfect leap" type of hard.
Any criticisms or suggestions?

vinesauce viewers will get it.jpg

8C97-0000-001D-D2A6

[...]
I gave this one a go. I like it, although I think it could benefit from being a bit longer. Also, was there meant to be anything special way up on the left side? I managed to make it there and all I could find was a block with coins, was kind of disappointed!

[...]

So much for that leap of faith! Never thought about that, since I'm used to perform running jump and then mid-air spin to gain longer air time. In that respect, I agree it should be more rewarding, as I could've stuffed that block an optional Propeller Mushroom that would be helpful for certain sections.

As for this level's length, I also took the lesser experienced players into consideration, since there is no checkpoint in this game. Since it doesn't take that long to reach where you were when you last wasted your life and the overall difficulty, it could've been longer.

Turns out that I managed to upload one more level to the server, this time more difficult than my previous stage. It involves skull platforms that start moving upon landing and collapses after a while, along with fire bars thrown in for good measure. And to top it off, we have a forced Bowser battle this time around. Since I went with Super Mario Bros. 3 theme, Bowser behaves differently compared to the rest, as he breaks brick blocks. The only way to win is to have him land on P-Switch to convert all of the brick blocks into coins, and then proceed to the goal. Just be sure to stand on the gray block whenever he's about to land on any switch.

Bowser's Dramatic Drama

WVW69iYPc9EzMe1WPG

FCA2-0000-0024-51A8

I've certainly got more levels coming tomorrow or Monday. One of them is filled with level design decisions that could potentially render any level more tedious than fun to complete, for the sake of learning on how to better design the more difficult levels. Trap without a way out, blind jumping, excessive precision jumping segment, a build-a-block segment, a pointless room with a lot of chaos that doesn't mean anything and mean invisible coin blocks placement that makes the section requires an extremely precise spin jump maneuver.
Thankfully, it turns out you aren't forced to do any of them to win. For giggles and people playing this stage via 100 Mario Challenge, I added a door right at the start that leads you directly to the goal. All you need is to press up for insta-win. I also intend to litter snarky comments throughout the stage to poke fun at the horrid level designs, whenever's possible. The actual level is almost finished. It needs some final touches before I upload it.

Another level is a SMB3 airship themed with a slow autoscrolling and let you take the high or low route, unless you happen to find a secret section that has a much faster autoscrolling and plenty of coins, which has enough coins to give you 3 lives. At the current state, it's beatable, but this level seems to be a bit too empty for me to upload right away. It needs more well-placed obstacles while not overwhelming players.

Also, this is the first time in a while that I spent more than 12 hours on Super Mario Maker within two days. Usually, I don't play video games for that long nowadays, but I'm playing more and more since I stopped studying and managed to get a proper job.

Last edited:
For some reason, the code's not working for me.

Isn't working here either.
You must have typed it wrong or the level might already have been deleted. mind reuploading it? :)

Last edited:
Added a couple more to my sig, they are probs a bit too hard though - try them if you want!!

Goomba Guidance - F007-0000-0028-C503
Boo's Basement - 4AB3-0000-002A-159F

EDIT: Will give 20tbt to anyone who can complete goomba guidance and 50tbt to anyone who completes boo's basement :)

Last edited:
7636-0000-002A-A3F7

Made this in the meantime as I attempt to unlock more parts (yeah it's pretty basic).

Here's one of the hardest courses I made so far.
The Koopa Hop Challenge!
a1mRnc6.jpg

ID: 6B0F-0000-0026-711B
The trick is in the timing, rhythm and the jumps!
This level took me FOUR HOURS to make and most of it was based on the timing.

Back