SUGGESTION Notification Alert for Quotations

Unumii

【Supremely Paranoid】
Bells
I have seen other forums notify users via the 'Notifications' when another user has quoted one of their posts in a certain thread.
I think this would be beneficial on this forum too as I am sure I am not the only one who tends to miss out replies to those who have quoted me in their post as a response or something like that. Plus, it would make the forums a bit more lively and easier to navigate (around threads) in my opinion.

What does everybody else think?

I think this was suggested awhile ago, and the staff said that they couldn't do it. :\

Oh I see >w<
Well it's always worth a try, no matter how many times, right? ^-^;

Indeed! Like they always say, persistence is key!

i myself would love this feature they have it on most of the other forums i use ;-;

Last edited:
I don't see why they couldn't do it. If it can be done on other forums, then I don't see why it can't be done here. We get notifications when someone likes our posts, so I don't see what the big difference is for a reply.

Indeed! Like they always say, persistence is key!

i myself would love this feature they have it on most of the other forums i use ;-;

I don't see why they couldn't do it. If it can be done on other forums, then I don't see why it can't be done here. We get notifications when someone likes our posts, so I don't see what the big difference is for a reply.

Yeah I agree, I don't see much difference in the coding... In fact, I would find notifying of a like more complex than a mere quotation. But I'm not technician but I do understand some areas of coding. But perhaps there are new staff members on the forum who could be capable of doing this.

I'm sure a guide on how to implement this feature is available since on most forums, this feature is apparent. ~

We definitely don't disagree with this long-running request and it's on the ongoing to-do list!*

*so expect it sometime in 2019

it's a good idea but give the staff a bloody break. they're up to their neck in 'special requests' and 'suggestions ((:)'

We definitely don't disagree with this long-running request and it's on the ongoing to-do list!*

*so expect it sometime in 2019

it's a good idea but give the staff a bloody break. they're up to their neck in 'special requests' and 'suggestions ((:)'

Okay thank you so much for listening!
Also I am new to the forums and as a result of this I did not know of the long waiting list for ideas/suggestions. Sorry!

That would be awesome indeed, or if you want to talk to someone you could @ ping them.. just something so you know they want to talk with you.. I don't really have a life to check through 678767 subscribed threads lol

It's because vBulletin is ****.

*so expect it sometime in 2019**

**2026 expected beta period

That would be awesome indeed, or if you want to talk to someone you could @ ping them.. just something so you know they want to talk with you.. I don't really have a life to check through 678767 subscribed threads lol

OMG! I forgot about the '@' tagging too, this would also be helpful o3o)/

Uh I dunno, I think @tagging has was too much potential for spam and abuse.

Oh I see... But it is a feature on most forums though, so I don't see why this forum shouldn't have such a common feature :c

Gotta be honest though, I don't know of any forums that have that built in.

Not sure about built-in but Flight Rising and Gaia have the @ping and quote notification feature, respectively. I'm not sure if I've seen vBulletin-based forums with that feature tho.

Not sure about built-in but Flight Rising and Gaia have the @ping and quote notification feature, respectively. I'm not sure if I've seen vBulletin-based forums with that feature tho.

Not sure about either those honestly, but both more than likely were built from scratch but also have a few programmers/coders behind them.

I feel like it would be nice, but we should probably be able to turn it off. I feel like it could get annoying really quick.

Back