• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Suddenly can't use sewing machine?

Lovelylexi

♥Fabulous♥
Bells
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I've already befriended Sable and gotten the sewing machine, now it's not letting me use it and when I talk to her she's back to acting shy and quiet. Is this because I changed my hair at Shampoodles? Do you really have to start over every time you do that? Or is it something else?

This happened to me after I hadn't visited her for quite a while. We talked, and the next time I went in there was no problem. I decided you had to talk to her every so often to keep the friendship going. Kind of like the way villagers won't ping if you haven't talked to them for awhile. Now, of course, I'm wondering if my gates were opened at the time....

This happened to me after I hadn't visited her for quite a while. We talked, and the next time I went in there was no problem. I decided you had to talk to her every so often to keep the friendship going. Kind of like the way villagers won't ping if you haven't talked to them for awhile. Now, of course, I'm wondering if my gates were opened at the time....
Yeah, I think it's safe to assume your gates were open at the time! Once you've unlocked the QR machine, you don't need to talk to Sable anymore. It's kind of sad; we're basically trying to befriend her with an ulterior motive in the back of our mind the whole time, and the moment we get what we want, we kind of drop her like a brick. I know that's what I did, at least. :(

This is why I always end the session when someone is about to leave. ;)

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume your gates were open at the time! Once you've unlocked the QR machine, you don't need to talk to Sable anymore. It's kind of sad; we're basically trying to befriend her with an ulterior motive in the back of our mind the whole time, and the moment we get what we want, we kind of drop her like a brick. I know that's what I did, at least. :(

She gives you a mannequin if you keep talking to her.

I forgot to close my gates the other day and freaked out because I found Cyrus sleeping, the post office wouldn't let me save mail and I couldn't use the sewing machine! The first time I've ever done that and probably the last after seeing my reaction lol

Back