• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Success w/this blue rose method?

It's easier to breed your special white rose with a regular orange rose (seed red + seed yellow) as that gives you a 25% chance at the "special" orange rose instead of the 12.5% chance the method you're using has.

For more information, see this guide specifically the Paleh Method (v2) section.

https://yuexr.github.io/acnh/bluerose.html

What you're using is the original Paleh method (v1) before someone figured out that it was unnecessarily complicated and inefficient.

I've been using this dinky chart that while it got the job done, does not get into the nitty gritty of genes. My brain is breaking at all these sick methods. thank you friend

It's easier to breed your special white rose with a regular orange rose (seed red + seed yellow) as that gives you a 25% chance at the "special" orange rose instead of the 12.5% chance the method you're using has.

For more information, see this guide specifically the Paleh Method (v2) section.

What you're using is the original Paleh method (v1) before someone figured out that it was unnecessarily complicated and inefficient.
That's some mental gymnastics right there. I used the BackwardsN method successfully before but that one seems to have much better odds even if it's a longer line. I'll have to try it on my new island.

That's some mental gymnastics right there. I used the BackwardsN method successfully before but that one seems to have much better odds even if it's a longer line. I'll have to try it on my new island.
The Paleh method is slower than the BackwardsN method unless you're very space limited. Even though the probabilities are higher with the Paleh method, the extra steps will slow you down most of the time. The Asteriation genepool method is the fastest method on average. It's similar to the BackwardsN method, but you breed black and purple roses in the beginning to get 1010 red roses much more reliably (100% reliably in fact). It also includes a more reliable genepool where you clone and breed instead of just mix and breed. As a bonus, you're likely to get all of the other roses since the path requires purple and black and you're likely to get pink and orange as byproducts.

Reactions: JSS

That’s an interesting thought. I may as well try it. I have lots of the hybrid reds and special whites and all other flowers.
I have orange roses but at this point I don’t know if they’re first generation or clones. Do you think it would matter?
I tried a different method before this one and it didn’t work so I switched to this one a long time ago. Thanks for the help.

This is the best and more effective collection of successful flower breeding methods: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/acnh-guide-on-hybrids.516964/

I don't know why it's not stickied. I got every flower from scratch by following the first post. I used method #1 for blue roses and it didn't take that long if you plant a lot and have people coming over to water to get a blue. Actually, I got two on the first day I bred the final step-- helps that I had a couple hundred ready to go

EetGZHRUwAEEGj9.jpg

That’s an interesting thought. I may as well try it. I have lots of the hybrid reds and special whites and all other flowers.
I have orange roses but at this point I don’t know if they’re first generation or clones. Do you think it would matter?
I tried a different method before this one and it didn’t work so I switched to this one a long time ago. Thanks for the help.
Any orange rose should work okay. I just ran all of the possible orange genotypes through the flower breeding simulator and they all produce the special orange rose at least 25% of the time when bred with the special white rose. Just make sure when you are breeding orange roses with the special white roses that your orange roses are not in a position where they can clone (i.e. don't use a checkered pattern). Having individual pairs is best.

You can breed the hybrid reds with each other for a 1/64 chance at a blue rose.
Post automatically merged:

This is the best and more effective collection of successful flower breeding methods: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/acnh-guide-on-hybrids.516964/

I don't know why it's not stickied. I got every flower from scratch by following the first post. I used method #1 for blue roses and it didn't take that long if you plant a lot and have people coming over to water to get a blue. Actually, I got two on the first day I bred the final step-- helps that I had a couple hundred ready to go

View attachment 299012
I like the guide by Khaelis, although I like Yue's guide more because it compares the different methods and goes into more of the technical details. I know most people are probably not interested in that, but making things as efficient as possible helps a lot especially if you're solo watering. The thing I don't like about the method you used is that it tells you to go out of your way to breed a pink rose when your ultimate goal is to get a rose without the extra gene that a pink rose has. The pink rose method gained popularity because it's obviously easier to tell a pink rose apart from a red rose than it is to keep track of red roses with different genetics, but it's not that hard to keep your red roses apart and going the pink rose route is a lot slower. With 5 waterers it's not a huge deal, but you're potentially adding months to the timeline if you're solo watering.

Last edited:

View attachment 299012

I tried the paleh method and must have stuffed something up along the way as it did not work so then I tried this method #1 and it's worked perfectly. Has taken time only because I don't have anyone coming to water but got my blue roses (well 2 so far haha) and was pretty easy to do as well (y)

View attachment 299012

I used that method originally. Method 1 version two. I had tons of hybrid reds for weeks on end and never got a blue. Then I realized how low the probability was and dug it all up and trashed them and started the nethod I’m doing now.

Last edited:

I used that method originally. Method 1 version two. I had tons of hybrid reds for weeks on end and never got a blue. Then I realized how low the probability was and dug it all up and trashed them and started the nethod I’m doing now.

I had exactly this loads of hybrid reds that did absolutely nothing well they didn't make a blue. Then one day a blue rose popped up in an unwatered (apart from by rain) area of my island where roses were used for decoration. I don't know anything about the heritage of those particular roses but it certainly wasn't hybrid reds. I've then cloned from that solitary blue rose. Slow work but numbers have grown.

Back