• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Flower Breeding question

SadStringbean

Bells
So I'm just starting to get into breeding hybrid flowers to make my island look better, but I'm confused on one part. if I want to duplicate/clone a flower, for instance, if I already have a blue rose, and I want to make another, could the first blue rose, when watered have a chance to make a second? or would I have to hope the two special red roses breed another blue, and then I breed the two blues together?

Didn't know how to word this well, sorry if it's a little confusing!

If you already have a blue rose, isolate it from other roses and water it. You have a chance of producing a second blue rose the next day.
Post automatically merged:

Basically, you duplicate flowers by keeping them away from flowers of the same species and water them. If you had a blue rose and blue pansy next to each other, you could produce a blue rose and blue pansy the next day. If you had a blue rose and a red rose next to each other, you would create a white rose.

If you already have a blue rose, isolate it from other roses and water it. You have a chance of producing a second blue rose the next day.
Post automatically merged:

Basically, you duplicate flowers by keeping them away from flowers of the same species and water them. If you had a blue rose and blue pansy next to each other, you could produce a blue rose and blue pansy the next day. If you had a blue rose and a red rose next to each other, you would create a white rose.
Thanks for the clarification!

Back