Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I asked this on another forum and did not get any answers.

I take it that for a streetpass to count for the badge, it has to be with somebody with ACNL. (let me know if wrong)

my first question is-- do the streetpass relays from mcdonalds, home depot etc count? (that's pretty much 99% of the streetpasses to be had it seems in the USA)

my second question is-- which characters in your town get the streetpass credits toward the badge? do all the characters get credit for each streetpass? is it only the mayor? is it only the character whose home is displayed in the HHA showcase? or is it only the character who 1st visits HHA showcase when new streetpasses have occurred?

:confused:

"I take it that for a streetpass to count for the badge, it has to be with somebody with ACNL. (let me know if wrong)"

Yes!

"my first question is-- do the streetpass relays from mcdonalds, home depot etc count? (that's pretty much 99% of the streetpasses to be had it seems in the USA)"

Yes!

"my second question is-- which characters in your town get the streetpass credits toward the badge? do all the characters get credit for each streetpass? is it only the mayor? is it only the character whose home is displayed in the HHA showcase? or is it only the character who 1st visits HHA showcase when new streetpasses have occurred?"

Only the one whose house displayed, I think. For me only mayor has bronze and he's the one with its house displayed. But I also always visit the HHA first with Mayor so that could also be it.

1. "I take it that for a streetpass to count for the badge, it has to be with somebody with ACNL. (let me know if wrong)"
You're definitely correct, it has to be somebody with ACNL. ^^

2. "Do the streetpass relays from mcdonalds, home depot etc count? (that's pretty much 99% of the streetpasses to be had it seems in the USA)": From experience, as long as it's someone that has the game (and shows up in your Streetpass/Mii Plaza/Notifications), they should count for your Streetpass badge. However, Spotpass connections seemingly do not count (DLC, special Nintendo characters, etc.). I assume it's because Streetpass only records the people who you pass by who have ACNL, and receive their house/s + character/s. But, what I've noticed, even "Special characters" (besides Reggie) with ACNL as their most recent software, like Kyogoku, won't counts towards the badge because you don't receive their house or character at all.

3. "Which characters in your town get the Streetpass credits toward the badge?": I feel like this is available for any character. All characters can meet the same Streetpasses, regardless of date received, so I'd certainly assume that any alt character can get the badge too.

"Do all the characters get credit for each streetpass? Is it only the mayor?": Even from my other answers.. I really wish someone could help out on this. :p I have no idea if my second character would achieve the Bronze badge same time I do. However, I'd assume (from my experience) that if my Mayor meets some HHA Showcase characters, and then my second character does so later, both of them would receive the same amount of Streetpasses for that day.

4. "Is it only the character whose home is displayed in the HHA showcase that gets credit towards the badge, or is it only the character who first visits HHA Showcase when new Streetpasses have occurred?": The default is your mayor's house that is displayed in the HHA Showcase. But even then, all characters can receive people's Streetpasses, regardless of whose house was received. As for who visits first, I don't think it matters too much considering I personally had two characters meet the same Streetpass people; I logged in as my mayor in July and met about 4 people from a mall I visited the same day I went there. Subsequently, I logged in as my alt/second character in October and met the same 4 people from the mall I went to in July (hadn't logged in in a while =P). I think there's no difference whether one character visits first or not; they both count equally. I'm pretty sure that if there were two people sharing a cartridge, the default wouldn't limit badges to only the mayor. I think even Streetpasses are considered, regardless of how many alt characters you have ^^! I mean, why would they consider fish, bug, or HHA badges, if they don't count Streetpass badges for alt characters, right? I believe the system data itself counts for any character as long as you log in/meet them.

I wonder if this helped at all (maybe common sense.. lol), but good luck. I'll let you know if my alt receives the badge as soon as my mayor does, though.

Last edited:
so still some mysteries here...

i take it from comments read elsewhere that you can continuously streetpass with same person and each time counts towards the badge, right?

i take it from comments read elsewhere that you can continuously streetpass with same person and each time counts towards the badge, right?

Yeah yeah, definitely. I've Streetpassed with my sibling over 40 times, all the while receiving all the different Streetpass rewards (each balloon/item/etc.), so I certainly think it counts towards the badge too. I have heard that some people intentionally Streetpass the same person over and over to get the badge easier. It just needs the game data for it to add to the badge, so it doesn't need to be a unique person to count for each Streetpass.

Last edited:

Yeah yeah, definitely. I've Streetpassed with my sibling over 40 times, all the while receiving all the different Streetpass rewards (each balloon/item/etc.), so I certainly think it counts towards the badge too. I have heard that some people intentionally Streetpass the same person over and over to get the badge easier. It just needs the game data for it to add to the badge, so it doesn't need to be a unique person to count for each Streetpass.

For the rewards if you streetpass a person, get a reward but don't claim it, streetpass the same person again, get a reward, the first one is lost. So probably the count works the same way, they get added to your count once you enter the showcase.

How do you get the Streetpass rewards? I've Streetpassed with about 25 people, but I've never got a single reward. @__@

How do you get the Streetpass rewards? I've Streetpassed with about 25 people, but I've never got a single reward. @__@

you get a reward each time you streetpass the same person; so 2d time their mii hands you a balloon in the HHA plaza, you work up to pinwheels and ice creams for subsequent passes w/same person.

you get a reward each time you streetpass the same person; so 2d time their mii hands you a balloon in the HHA plaza, you work up to pinwheels and ice creams for subsequent passes w/same person.

Balloon (2nd time)
Balloon (3rd time)
Pinwheel (4th time)
Bunny Balloon (5th time)
Bubble Blower (6th time)
Heart Balloon (7th time)
Ice Cream (8th time)
Soft Serve Ice Cream (9th time)
Tweeter (10th time)

---------------

I notice something today, I got 20 hits (the max) and once I entered the showcase before the normal "black screen with the train" there was a "saving screen" so I think that's the moment that it records the streetpasses, also I think they are only counted for the first character to enter since Mayor now got the silver badge and the other characters don't even have bronze.

The house displayed in the showcase gets the streetpass badge. I've been playing since the release and the mayor finally received the silver streetpass badge. My two side players have no streetpass badges.

Lately I've been tagging my other 3DS while I used a side player. When I closed the game I noticed the green light was still on the ACNL game.
Started the game back up with the mayor and than closed it. The green light on the ACNL was gone.

Last year I switched my main town to a different 3DS and didn't switch the SD cards since I had digital copies on both 3DS. It looks like the game kept the streetpass tags from the other 3DS. I was worried that I would have to start all over again tagging people.

Back