• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Steam Question.

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Does anyone know if a game can have a Steam page but not actually publish their game on Steam?
I guess, it is safe to assume, or logical to assume, that if a game is exclusive with Epic, that Devs won't say anything about launching on Steam until the one year date has come and passed? An exclusive contract with Epic tends to run 6 months to 1 year from what I have seen online.
So my question swirls around a game called Ooblets. While finding out it has been out for a year on Xbox and Epic games, there are multiple places where it seems the Devs plan on PC release and Xbox only. Their Steam page seems "abandoned" with their last update post being from 2019. Their twitter and facebook pages seem lively. They did sign a contract to be exclusive with Epic but from what I have seen, that tends to only last 6months - 1year and then games are free to show up elsewhere on PC.
And then there is this rumor. I am calling it a rumor. That the assumed 6months -1 year Epic exclusive contract actually turned into a lifetime one because of some stupid 4chan legal document leak. Which to me looks baseless and at the end of the day, it is just 4chan. And it would be stupid for the contract to just magically "turn" without some signing by the Devs.
Of course I have hopped on Ooblets' discord and did a search in their discussion threads to see if anyone has asked about the PC releases and about how Steam may just be a delayed launch. It seems they either say you can get the game on PC with Epic or they say they are only launching on PC and Xbox. So, to me, I feel like it isn't really a straight answer which I do feel needs to be addressed considering all the crazy discussion threads on their Steam page and how the one year date is coming up in July this year.

it might just stay exclusive to epic if thats what you're asking, atleast that's what i'd think if there hasn't been any updates in that long of a time. but then again old epic exclusives do seem to pop up on steam after their exclusivity period pretty quietly so it could just be something like that.

it might just stay exclusive to epic if thats what you're asking, atleast that's what i'd think if there hasn't been any updates in that long of a time. but then again old epic exclusives do seem to pop up on steam after their exclusivity period pretty quietly so it could just be something like that.
My hope is that the reason why Ooblets still has a Steam page is because they are coming to Steam at some point. Hopefully the page still existing isn't an error on Steam's part. However Ooblets made the Steam page to begin with, so I was wondering if they eventually have to publish on Steam because they did that.

My hope is that the reason why Ooblets still has a Steam page is because they are coming to Steam at some point. Hopefully the page still existing isn't an error on Steam's part. However Ooblets made the Steam page to begin with, so I was wondering if they eventually have to publish on Steam because they did that.

if theres still a listing for it then they still intend for it to get to steam at some point, i'd keep watch

Idk, but Ooblets runs terribly at the moment and there hasn't been any major update afaik. There have been some abandoned games on Steam that suddenly got a Switch release though, I think Ooblets being forever exclusive might be a possibility if Epic offers consistent payment. If not, releasing on Steam too will be better in the long run.

Back