• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sports Video Games

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Does anyone play sports video games? I play the college football games. Of course, that was before they stopped after NCAA Football 14, but luckily they’re starting up again.

I also enjoy the NHL games, as a huge hockey fan. I love the Be A Pro Mode. I think it improved in the newest version.

I used to like the NHL ones. I tried a fifa one a couple years ago and never again. I encountered what ended up being a bug and i called the support on so many different issues. One they had me delete all my saved data. I was an idiot for believing they knew what they were talking about. They said this one item was permanent or temporary (i can’t remember what it was) but it ended up being the opposite of what they said. I think I’m done with sports games for now.

My favorites were NBA Jam for the sega genesis and NHL 2003 (my sister sold that though a long with a bunch of other games i didn’t want her to sell for a console she never used in high school -.-. )

I sort of like sports games. I don't go out of my way to purchase sports games most of the time, and I don't follow any particular sports series (NBA, NFL, etc.) but I've played some over the years that I enjoyed.

NBA Jam is the earliest sports game I got into since we had it for the Sega Genesis when I was young and I quite liked it. Most of the other sports games I've played throughout my life have been Mario sports games like some of the Mario Tennis games and Mario Strikers. I've never played either of the Mario baseball games, but I've been interested the past few years in trying Mario Superstar Baseball.

Aside from Mario sports stuff, it's been pretty sporadic. One of the NFL games for the Xbox 360 came into my possession, I think maybe Madden NFL 2008 judging by the cover, and I enjoyed it. I played Wii Sports since it was complimentary with the purchase of the Wii and that was fun. Also, though not the point of the game themselves, I really enjoyed playing the tennis and golf minigames in Grand Theft Auto V. Speaking of golf, since I mentioned the Mario games earlier, I had Mario Golf: World Tour for a time and tried to get into it, but I was too bad at it to make any progression so I ended up selling it and bought an amiibo instead.

A friend of mine would occasionally stream one of the recent NBA games last year, I think probably NBA 2K20, and I thought it looked appealing. I might want to pick it up in the future.

I don't really care about actual sports; I'll occasionally watch some games (usually champsionship games like the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl) but I don't bother to watch the main season because I'm not that invested and would rather be spending my free time doing other things. I pick favorite teams based on their team colors and logos rather than location, players, or how good the team actually is. As such, the random sports video game once in a while suffices for me because I generally don't know who these players are (other than some big names, and even then I don't know much beyond that and what they look like) and I don't need the latest installment.

I’ve played Mario tennis aces and let me say a huge improvement from the Wii U. I love the roster as well as the variety of stages they provide. The story mode could have been a little better though.

Back