Switch
3214-2832-1333
White Lily
Tasty Cake
White Cosmos
New Horizons Token
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Hey everyone,

So I was talking to Ione earlier and noticed a particular line of dialogue. She started talking about curls, and she mentioned her tail. As far as I know, squirrels are the only species in the game with curly tails (aside from maybe pigs?). Is this a species-specific line of dialogue, or has anyone else gotten their normal villagers to say something like this? It wouldn't make much sense for any other species to say it. This is the first time I've seen this line, so I'm pretty curious. Did they add species-specific lines of dialogue with the update?

Of course I could also be totally off and this line has been in the game since launch, but I was pretty surprised when I saw it!

0RpjUP5.jpg

This is existing dialogue.I had Cally on my island a while back and I remember that she said this.I think it's specific to normal squirrel villagers because I've had Gala,who's a normal pig,since NH came out and I don't remember her ever saying this.

This is existing dialogue.I had Cally on my island a while back and I remember that she said this.I think it's specific to normal squirrel villagers because I've had Gala,who's a normal pig,since NH came out and I don't remember her ever saying this.
That's actually very interesting though! Makes me wonder if is it only normal squirrels that have specific dialogue, and if so, why only them.

Hey everyone,

So I was talking to Ione earlier and noticed a particular line of dialogue. She started talking about curls, and she mentioned her tail. As far as I know, squirrels are the only species in the game with curly tails (aside from maybe pigs?). Is this a species-specific line of dialogue, or has anyone else gotten their normal villagers to say something like this? It wouldn't make much sense for any other species to say it. This is the first time I've seen this line, so I'm pretty curious. Did they add species-specific lines of dialogue with the update?

Of course I could also be totally off and this line has been in the game since launch, but I was pretty surprised when I saw it!

0RpjUP5.jpg
I barely see this dialogue. All I ever get is the same "Have you been in this home before?", "I love your outfit", "Its odd that a streetlamp is here", and then the most annoying one "Yeah I have nothing else to say lets talk another time"

That's actually very interesting though! Makes me wonder if is it only normal squirrels that have specific dialogue, and if so, why only them.

can confirm it’s not only normal squirrels that have specific dialogue — I have Fang on my island, and he made a comment about howling at the moon or something once. I’ve never seen it before & I haven’t seen it since (and it’s not a cranky thing because my other cranky has Never mentioned it), so I’m sure it’s some sort of wolf-only dialogue. it’s neat that it looks like they do have some things to say that are specific to their species sometimes! :0

I had Dora on my island earlier this year (these screenshots are from January) and she mentioned this.
I could see it inserted in the same slot of dialogue where Ione mentioned her tail, since ears are as iconic to mice as the tails are for squirrels.
Right now I'm missing a normal on both my islands, but when I eventually get to filling those slots, I'm interested to see if there's any other 'iconic' features they'd mention!
2021010715210300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2021010715210800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

can confirm it’s not only normal squirrels that have specific dialogue — I have Fang on my island, and he made a comment about howling at the moon or something once. I’ve never seen it before & I haven’t seen it since (and it’s not a cranky thing because my other cranky has Never mentioned it), so I’m sure it’s some sort of wolf-only dialogue. it’s neat that it looks like they do have some things to say that are specific to their species sometimes! :0
Yeah, Chief said something like that to me too

Okay, this is beginning to enlighten the game somewhat. I want to fully know all the different species specific dialogue there is (assuming that is the case).

I have wolf villagers in three different personality types and they have wolf-specific dialogue but in such a way that I think it’s coded to replace wolf with whatever animal depending on the villager. The Ione line does sound more specific, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was coded to be other things for other normal villager species

I’ve seen Lolly talk about her tail before! I forgot exactly what she said about it though, but it’s a similar like! I think it’s the same line edited a bit for each species!

i know that when i wear the bunny outfit, vivian always comments on herself being a wolf. i can't remember what she says exactly, but it's probably dialogue that autofills a snooty villager's species in.

During rainy weather, Raddle sometimes talks about how much he loves rain. That seems to be specific to frogs since they're the only species who doesn't use umbrellas.

Chevre and Nan have both mentioned something similar, but I can't remember exactly what it was. It was possibly about eating books or paper, but then I might be getting that muddled because one of them says "I eat letters" as her catchphrase now, thanks to me haha

I remember the dialogue from WW where the lazy ducks were horrified about that fact that Tortimer loves to eat Peking duck or something like that lol

Back