Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Wolfgang, my island's Most Voracious Reader, is still at it. He reads everywhere in every season and a cold wet butt on the snow-covered ground by the lake outside the museum isn't going to stop him. 😅
feb3-wgread.jpg

In other news, I wandered into Picrew and made avatars of my islanders in human form. 🤨🤪 I was limited by the options available but I have to say, I had a blast! It was so much fun! I might keep doing this in other styles with other avatar makers. I'm not addicted. I'm just curious. 😅 Can you tell who's who?

picrew-residents-closer.jpg

From top to bottom, left to right:
Marshal, Deli, Lolly, Fuchsia, Tangy
Wolfgang, Octavian, Raymond, Dom, Claude

Credit: Baydews avatar maker.

Okay, I have a confession to make. I'm little bit obsessed smitten with Marshal. I find him sooo adorable. It's odd because, even though I had Marshal in my town in New Leaf, I wasn't particularly enamoured of him. I just thought he was cute. But in New Horizons, I don't know, I'm filled with the need to see what he does, to talk to him all the time and watch his reaction, his dour-faced expressions are just so mesmerizing to watch. ALSO THAT TAIL. THAT SWISHING. THAT BOBBING. I MUST SEE IT DO DIFFERENT THINGS. I LOVE THAT TAIL. 🤪
feb12-marshal-b.jpg

Valentine's Day was a quiet, low-key affair. All my islanders mailed me letters and gifts. They're so sweet. ♥ Then February 15 happens. I wake up to find my residents in over-the-top, let-me-blind-you-with-sparkle costumes, dancing non-stop, even my crankiest of friends. Invasion of the Pod People, Festivale Edition!? 😆
feb15-fest2.jpg

And then there's Pavé. This bird will not quit.
feb15-fest3.jpg

I avoid high-energy people in real life because I find it exhausting to be around them. Pavé makes me want to dig a hole in the icy ground and disappear into it. 😬 (When I played New Leaf, I enjoyed Festivale. Pavé made me laugh every time I talked to him. I liked watching him gyrate and having him berate me for not moving my hips. It was funny. Eight years pass. And I see him in a completely different light. Pavé hasn't changed. I have. I'm old and bitter and I don't understand fun anymore. 🙄😩🤪 )
feb15-fest6.jpg

I did learn something new about Marshal today. 😄
feb15-fest6b.jpg

When I couldn't find Marshal today, I panicked a little. I looked for him at the museum, starting with the art department. Seeing The Starry Night (which I bought from Redd only a week ago) brought back memories of my trip to France. My husband and I visited Arles in the summer of 1993. (Van Gogh lived in Arles for more than a year. Before his breakdown.) We saw beautiful sunflower fields. We bought a print of The Starry Night, which we later framed and hung in our home for over 10 years. We still have it. I think it's a gorgeous painting. Not to be morbid but, if I could shuffle off this mortal coil looking at this painting, I think I'd leave with a smile on my face.
feb17-starrynight.jpg

Finally I found Marshal at the aquarium and the first thing he said was this.
feb17-marshal2.jpg

OF COURSE I WOULD, MARSHAL! But how would you even get stuck in one of those tanks in the first place!? 😖🤨

Someday, Wolfgang, but not today. Someday.
feb19-wg.jpg

In other news. You can't see it since this isn't a video but, while Marshal was contemplating the state of the shortness of shorts, his tail was swish-bobbing like there's no tomorrow! I was mesmerized. I watched. I loved. Yes, I do have an obsession with Marshal's tail and I can't explain it. No, I don't want to cure myself of it. Why would I? THAT TAIL IS THE BESTEST THING EVER ON A SQUIRREL! 🤪
feb19-tailswishing.jpg

I love being completely surprised by a new conversation, just when I thought I'd heard it all! ♥
feb24-spe1-tile.jpg

I can now see in my head, Marshal and Fuchsia dancing up a storm, a la Travolta and Newton-John in Grease! 😆

Woke up, ran outside, and I thought I'd been transported to another planet. Where's the snow? Why's the ground the colour of horribly overcooked vegetables?
feb25-groundcolour.jpg

You already are the only snow around. 😑
feb25-snow3.jpg

Why stop at one thing, Marshal? I'm usually obsessing over several things at once. 😏
feb28-marshalobsess.jpg

Apart from checking in on my AC game everyday, I'm playing Stardew Valley and Baldur's Gate 3. If only there were more hours in a day! I have ostriches on my SDV farm. They make the cutest sound when I pet them. Also, the latest patch for BG3 means we can play as druids who can morph into a bear, badger, dire wolf, raven, cat or spider! I wasted no time jumping in for another playthrough. I'm now a gorgeous, green-haired, half-elf druid.
bg3-zeneca-druid2.jpg

So many games. So little time. 🤪

Oh wow. Spring is gorgeous. The ground is green again and the little ladybugs and mantises are back! Claude and Raymond were sipping on their apple juice and soaking up the sunshine all morning. 🏝
feb4-fab2.jpg

This is the look Raymond gives you when he needs you to move so that he can get to the other side of his office but he can't say anything because his mouth is full of sandwich. 😆
mar13-youneedtomove.jpg

Because I found myself needing a bigger-than-usual Raymond fix today, I visited him numerous times. He got the hint after a while.
mar13-movein.jpg

You should move in with me and be my housemate, Raymond, I have way more room at my place. 😉

Tangy at twilight. She had such a contented look on her face. What could have been on her mind, I wonder?
mar14-tangy.jpg

I feel an inexplicable urge to eat a sandwich.

When Dom first landed on my island, the first thing he did was zoom around without a care in the world. It just seemed to me that he never walks but runs instead. A very sporty thing to do, I guess, for an animal with the sporty personality. (If you play Stardew Valley, you'll be reminded of you. You always run in Stardew Valley. 😉 ) Even when it rains, Dom is out there doing what he loves doing. Today, I found him zooming around Raymond's house. My first thought was, uh-oh, I don't think Raymond is going to approve of his sheep neighbour tearing up his carefully tended rose garden. 😅
mar17-domzooms.jpg

It's Dom's birthday! He's been on my island for 9 months now. I still remember how excited I was when I'd spotted his adoption notice on the New Neighbour Network board. The stars were aligned perfectly on that day.
mar18-dombirthday.jpg

I like the anniversary cake. Wish I could eat it. I bet it's tasty and fruity all over. 🤤 The little tree cookie shows apples. I wonder if this is customized depending on your island's native fruit? Or is it the same for everyone? 🤔
mar18-anniversarycake-b.jpg

Time sure flies when you're having fun. I don't have many thoughts about the anniversary. Okay, wait, maybe just one. One mildly disturbing, recently recurring thought.

Am I never going to receive the DIY for the bonsai shelf!? 😠🤪🥳

Back