• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Sorting Expressions

SilverWolf21

Spring-Born Lone Wolf
Bells
Switch
6612-5028-8418
New Horizons Token
Silver Mailbox
First off, if there's already a thread like this, I encourage the mods to do what is needed. There's no need for multiple threads with similar topics, after all. Now that's out of the way, onto the subject at hand:

I am extremely curious as to how people sort the 'jokes' Shrunk teaches them. I personally sort them alphabetically, mainly cause I just like it better that way. So, how to you sort them? Feel free to explain your reason if you like, but I won't push you for it.

I sort them by how often I use them :)

I sort them by positive emotions (greeting, joy, smiling), negative emotions (anger, fear, sighing), and then miscellaneous (sneezing, funk shuffle, daydreaming).

with my emotions in NL i sorted them by trying to make a story through the emotions, i only got halfway through and then the rest it just the order i got them in.

I put the emotions I'm most likely to use on the first page with the most used ones on the very first line. I also sort them by type, so the top line is all positive emotions down to the last line which is all negative emotions.

My first town was sorted by use but then when I tried to do that with my second town I would sometimes use the wrong one because I couldn’t quite remember which order they were in and confused them with my old town I hadn’t played in so long and I guess my fingers worked faster than my brain every so often and then I made it even worse by creating another town where I at least tried to get them in the same order as the second town’s but there always seemed to be one out of place... It was actually very frustrating so in my current town I decided to keep them as I got them and I would go up on the stage after Dr Shrunk’s joke and go through them one by one every single day and so practice makes perfect except every now and then I’ll accidentally sneeze on someone instead of using the sunniness one because they’re both top left and I’ll forget which page I was on...

Last edited:
Page 1 are all emotions I use regularly, with expressions of joy/mischief/excitement at the top and expressions of sadness or apprehension towards the end. Although the Shrunk dance is always on page 1 on the very bottom row, right corner because I use it a lot and it's easy to press there. Then page 2 is emotions I rarely use and more negative-type emotions.

I put them all in alphabetical order, lol. Except for the Shrunk Shuffle, it gets the top left spot on the first page.

i sort them by category - sad emotions together, happy emotions together, etc.

the first page I reserve for positive emotions. On the top page, I put emotions like smiling, gleeful, singing, ect. In the middle I add dancing. The second page I use for the negative emotions/other actions (i.e. anger, frowning crying on top; sweating in the bottom). (I forget their exact names.)

I've always sorted them alphabetically, otherwise it kinda bugs me- happy to know I'm not the only one though xD

i’ve switched between sorting them from positive emotions, negative emotions and any others remaining to frequently used and ones i don’t use/don’t care for.

I put similar emotions together. For example, all the happy ones in one place. Makes it easier to find a specific one I'm looking for. Though after a certain point I'll begin to memorize my layout automatically so it doesn't really matter where I put them.

personally i sort it out by moods-
like the happy emotes all go first, then sad, then mad, then misc, etc.
i think that's how i've always done it tbh

Back