• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What would you want if they bought back the raffle?

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers 💐✨
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
This was a really cool feature in the first game. Personally, for QoL purposes I’d sort of like the shopkeeps to hang onto tickets, or at least the option to store them there and take them out if you want to trade raffle tickets with other players. I feel like the Nintendo items would fit the raffle really well. I don’t like how in NH the few Nintendo items are just thrown into a category in the catalog.

Man, I'd love to have Famicom/NES games come back via the raffle like in Population Growing. 😀 I'd always find it annoying when one of the raffle prizes would be a dumb looking garden gnome or a picture of Tom Nook. Like, really? You think I want a picture of you as a prize?? Oh please. 🙄 I remember I'd purchase as much junk as I could to rack up tickets and once the month ended, I'd store those puppies in the Post Office storage for next year's raffle, heheh... 😈🎫🎫📨

personally, I'd love a QoL tweak – the ability to store raffle tickets at the shop or trade them with other players. also, how about bringing back those nintendo-themed items exclusively to the raffle? i miss the excitement of winning unique nintendo gear rather than them being tucked away in a catalog category in NH ;;

I think that the raffles should go back to being Nintendo items, or at least some of the Nintendo items that were in NL and not currently in NH, like the Rupee and the Fairy. If not Nintendo items then maybe non-craftable seasonal items, that way the raffles change every few months so it doesn't get stale.

If they bring the raffle back, I think it should take a leaf out of real life raffles you get in Japanese convenience stores like Lawson and 7-Eleven's book: it should be a mixture of incredibly rare and pricey furniture (I don't think it should be exactly the same as the furniture that was in the raffle in GC, but stuff like the hi-fi stereo, throne, that kind of jazz) for the first place prize, and Nook-themed items (like the items you get from the Nook Points part of the NSO app like the raccoon wall clock, Tom Nook's jumper and portraits of Nook and the Nooklings, the models of the Nook Stores you got from the TNPS in WW/LGTTC alongside new ones for TIY, T&T Emporium and the upgraded Nook's Cranny from NH and the shop signboard from e+, alongside new stuff like the hats worn in the upgraded Nook's Cranny, and the hoodies the Nooks wear for group stretching) for the other prizes (and maybe even some of the stuff you get from Redd's Raffle as a "you failed" prize? idk)

think seasonal items should go back to being little mini-events (and they should add a couple more items for it!), think Nintendo items are probably going to be linked to crossover event updates in future (if the next AC game comes out in the next couple of years, it's got the 10th anniversary of Splatoon and the 40th anniversary of both Mario and Zelda crying out for some kind of event)

Yes, as long as you could still sell things on raffle day. I'd like if (at least some of) the raffle prizes were Nintendo items, much like the fortune cookies in New Leaf.

I played the raffle only in hopes of winning an NES game. With them trying to sell the switch online library, I don't see this ever coming back. Unless it's a custom game such as Puzzle League.

slightly related note: 7-Eleven, Ito-Yokado, and Nintendo's stores in Tokyo and Osaka are doing an Animal Crossing ichiban kuji lottery (this is the IRL thing that the raffle is based off of) with AC-related prizes

Back