• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Something I just noticed.

Mayorofarcadia

My name is Emma c:
Bells
New Horizons Token
Pumpkin Cupcake
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
So. I didn't realise but I had 8 villagers.
I checked my campsite and saw a weird looking duck and thought NOPE

I time travelled 2 days, this weird looking duck has SET UP A PLOT IN MY TOWN BUT I DIDNT EVEN ASK HIM TO MOVE IN
so I'd just like to ask if this has happened with anyone?

Yes. When i use to cycle if i saw someone in campsite, there was a good chance he or she would move in, even if i didnt ask them to move in. Weird, right? Its as if the game has a queue of villagers and even if you dont take em from campsite, you are destined to end up with them anyway.

This has happened to me before in my weeding town last year. Lopez was in the campsite when I was at 8 villagers, but I didn't even speak to him and a couple of days later he plotted. It was a bit of a weird coincidence :S

Last edited:
this happened to me too and I had 9 villagers !
when I went into the tent, I saw it was an unwanted villager and I immediately turned and got out...
two days later, she moved into my town !

I didn't know that could happen! I had an elephant show up in my camp while my 10th villager was still missing and I just left because I figured if you didn't speak to them there was no chance of them moving in. Thank god they didn't end up moving in anyway or I wouldn't have had room for a dreamie I managed to get.

Recently I had Kid Cat show up in my campsite in my second town, I tried playing games with him to get him to move in, he mentioned it, I said good idea, he said no.....and then later his plot showed up.

this happened to me too and I had 9 villagers !
when I went into the tent, I saw it was an unwanted villager and I immediately turned and got out...
two days later, she moved into my town !

I thought a tenth had to come by invitation or through street pass/interacting with another town. Do you think this could be a coincidence? If it was an unpopular villager, there's perhaps a higher probability it's the kind of villager floating in people's void.

Yeah!~ It has happened on multiple occasions in my cycling town. If it wasn't a move-in right away, they would come in after the random plot with no invitation. Weird.

It's super weird >< atleast I know if there's an odd looking villager in my tent, I need to get stuck into adopting threads!

yes me too, I always thought you were more or less safe with 9 villagers

it was really an "awful situation", it took 5 months (!) and giving up another villager to finally get her out (read that the 10th villager won't move out)

at that point I had 9/10 wanted villagers and Bettina being the last one to have moved in, I knew she wouldn't budge

so I gave up Zell and 8 days later Bettina pinged me and she was instantly voided :)

having 10 villagers, to me, is the only safe way to trade with someone and to have your streetpass turned on

Back