• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So after you’ve unlocked everything you can, collected everything, and done… well… everything. Do you still play?

MossyGobbo

Bells
Island
Bulbaville
It’s something I wonder about because I’ve reset my island, but I really want it to stick around for a long time. Once I get close to doing everything I can, I tend to lose motivation and want to reset my island, but I don’t want to do that again. So once any of you have done everything, do you still play? What do you do?

This is a hard question to answer. As someone who has played this game since the day it came out (March 20th, 2020) its really hard to get back into the game when you've done everything and it becomes not as enjoyable. In the past I tried to find more things to do, but it led to me feeling burned out on the game and so I put the game down for a long while and started playing other games. When the 2.0 update came out around 2021 that is when I picked back up the game again just for the new content and then after a while by mid 2022 I got bored with the game again.

I guess to get to the point I still play this game because well.....its the type of game to help get away from my problems and yeah I know I've seen everything there is in the game and I often ask myself "What is the point? Its just going to be the same again" Then I realized that restarting the island was probably the better thing to do. Of course I had to get a 2nd switch and a 2nd copy of the game just to do this because my main island I worked so hard and I don't want to lose it so I decided to do a full new game on the new switch with the new copy and it felt more refreshing.

I didn't have to worry about deleting my main island and since I can always restart on the 2nd island it gives me more ideas to design the island in a different way that I never would've thought with the main island. Its always different everything time with the map layout, the villagers you get at the start, and of course what type of fruit or flowers you get. I guess thats the joy of playing again just to see what you can do differently compared to what you did on the main island.

Of course I have to tell myself "There are other games to play" so I try to play little bit day by day. I used to play for hours but nowadays I just play for like 20 minutes and then put the game down and play something else. It can get very boring quickly just sticking to one game all the time so the best thing to do is to play other games and not be so focused on ACNH. Its a very strange answer and I know it may not make sense to you or anyone else, but this how I play the game in my mind.

I'm pretty close to completing my island but not to the 100% as I'm missing a few diys, achievements, and the last villager. I think once I reach the "end", I'm going to create a new island journal and showcase everything entirely in a more organized manner. I would encourage you to create an island journal as I think it's a nice creative outlet where you can memorialize favorite villager dialogue or screenshots rather than uploading to Twitter (or should I say X). It's a nice area to browse and see what people are working on. I know it's not everyone's thing though.

I do play but nothing like my first two years. I've definitely slowed down and I think it's okay to say that this game has a final end.

I still haven't finished my island but I've veen distracted with other things so I haven't played much. I've already put 400 hours into it, which is a lot for me with any game, so it's fair that I'm just kinda over it. Sometimes I get inspo to come back and design something but to just daily play, nah, I don't bother.

Hmm... I try to check in as much as I can. I have gone on hiatuses at times between now and release day, ranging from a few days to most of 2022, but I've made it a goal to play as much as possible.
That said, I wouldn't necessarily consider my island "complete" at the moment, at least not to the extent of other users who've posted here.

I've pretty much completed my island now. I don't usually log in unless I'm visiting a giveaway island or there's a contest running here that requires the game. There are other things I need to do and other games I'd like to play, so revisiting for fun isn't something I'm doing anymore.

I still wouldn't reset my island, though.

I still haven't finished my island yet so I am not sure maybe try starting a whole new island with a theme completely different to your last? Or try the Rags to riches game play or other types of game styles?

I 100%ed my island late last year, but kept playing daily just because I wanted to reach the 3 year anniversary of NH coming out. Though once that happened I stopped playing since I did everything I wanted to do, lol. It's definitely fine to reach an end point if you're satisfied with everything you managed to accomplish in NH! No need to reset your island and keep playing if you don't necessarily want to.

Yes I still play! I kind of find things to do here and there (sort of like moonz said) : )

i agree ^^ i like checking up on my villagers and since i'm nowhere near done with my island, i can always find motivation to go on for a little bit of time every day (*´▽`*)

I don’t think I’ll ever fill up the museum. I can’t commit to terraforming or pets. I still get on everyday even though my town is decorated. Sometimes, I redo areas!

Not really, I just occasionally jump on and clean up my weeds in case I play with my friends or family and visit each other's island

When I played ACWW, after I completed my town I still played for a long time afterwards doing town tours and Tortimer island sessions. So the multiplayer aspect really extended my game play for that. In ACNH I completed my island, but I rarely multiplayer. I would still love to do island tours and whatnot, but I guess now I have less time and there also seems to be less Airport traffic. However, I definitely have played ACNH longer after "completion" than the previous games. I really love hanging out in my completed island just to wind down. I catch fish, decorate houses on HHP or fix up my own, take photos around the island with my villagers etc. I also post in my island journal on the forums. Even if there's not a lot of people actually reading it, I like to document my completed island, like Pyoopi said above.

I think I will also get back into looking through dream addresses. I realized I rarely ever went to actual dream islands and viewed most of them through YouTube videos lol.

Back