• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smell: Good or Bad?

bad, too sweet for my lil ol' nostrils

cinnamon?

I am one of those people who likes very strange smells that other people will find very unpleasant. For example, I love the smell of fresh paint that is used during repairs or construction. Another of my favorite smells is the smell of freshly sawn coniferous wood, which is stored in the barn. My father is a carpenter, and he constantly took me with him to the forest to cut down trees, and since childhood I have loved this smell. Of the unloved smells, this is the smell of freshly cut grass and weeds. When I mow the lawn, I use weed odor eliminator, because I'm getting very sick of this smell. For the most part, I can tolerate it, but when there is too much of it, it makes me feel bad.

Last edited:
I don't really drink coffee or care for the taste. Probably has to do with the fact that I mistook it for coke when I was a kid at some party lol. But the the smell is very pleasant. I always found it nice to smell it freshly brewing.

Cedar wood?

Back