• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Wii U Screenshots Will Be Revealed At E3

Kip

Game Dev
Bells
Spring Sakura
Lobo
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Mint
Famous Mushroom
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
smash_bros_characters2.jpg

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told viewers of today’s Nintendo Direct presentation that while Smash Bros is a huge undertaking by the company, they intend to show off some screenshots of the game during this years E3 event in June. Iwata asked Nintendo fans to be patient regarding release details and trailers for the game which is due to be released on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

“Smash Bros is a huge development undertaking and we need more time before it launches. Mr Sakurai told us that we have set the timing for the first screens at this year’s E3. Please wait for just a little longer.”

I'm so hyped for this E3 now. I'm just... still trying to catch my breath from all this news!
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/23/smash-bros-wii-u-screenshots-will-be-revealed-at-e3/

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't come out for a while, 'cuz I'm not gonna be able to afford buying a Wii U while I'm in college. I might get it on the 3DS though, even if it's not the superior version.

^I think the fact that just screenshots will be shown at E3 is a good indication that it's quite a ways off.

Yeah, it's definitely not coming until 2014. Probably around the middle of the year.

I don't care all that much.

Like. I enjoy the game, but I'm not going to get hyper over it.

Brawl was the biggest disappointment of my life, so I'm just going to assume this will be as big of a let down. :)

Melee was undoubtedly the best of the series so far. Brawl had some nice additions to it, but overall it just felt.. dunno how to explain it. Felt soft? If that makes any sense.

Go home SockHead. You're drunk.

Nah, I kid. It wasn't bad. It was a great game! But it didn't live up to Melee IMO.

Everyone here has to admit Brawl was better than Melee! They took nothing away (except Poke Floats), and they only added. I mean sure some of the things we wanted to see didn't make it, but it is still a good game. IMO its better in graphics, roster, and overall.

Yeah, Brawl was awesome, I loved all the delays and disappointing cast. Really, not one new female character?

If there isn't already one, we should have a "Characters you think/want in Smash Bros Wii U".

Everyone here has to admit Brawl was better than Melee! They took nothing away (except Poke Floats), and they only added. I mean sure some of the things we wanted to see didn't make it, but it is still a good game. IMO its better in graphics, roster, and overall.

But the system they used to build the game was different.

Brawl felt a lot softer and floaty compared to Melee.

Oh god, the Brawl vs Melee debate has made it's way over to TBT.

Back