• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Signs of Bad-looking Streetpassers?

Everything else you dislike on the list describe noobs.

Oh, just shut up.
This is Animal Crossing. Everyone has their own different style and design their house differently. Yes, some people like Nintendo items. Yes, some people love the balloon series It is pretty awesome, imo). It takes a while to find another lamp or different wallpaper that is actually pleasing, so yeah, people will be keeping the lantern until the find an alternative.

And Newsflash: Not everyone started playing this game right when it came out in their region. Some people just started their game today. Seriously, stop criticizing their gameplay just because you don't like their style. Who are you to judge? Just delete/ignore their house and continue browsing the rest. Be happy you even get streetpasses where you live.

And here you are all laughing/criticizing how people have all these "noobish" items in their house. I am wiling to bet the majority of posters here have a room/museum exhibit that is dedicated to DLC items. You want to talk about something that is annoying and common, talk about DLC rooms, omg.

Last edited:
Who are you to criticize how someone else chooses to design their OWN house!? It's their game not yours. Don't get yourself involved in their gameplay.

I agree, but I guess that's kind of like a pet peeve to some people?
You know, how you see a house and it's half-empty
But then again it's their house and they can decorate it however they want

- - - Post Merge - - -

But seriously we all had to start somewhere guys ( ゚д゚)

Oh, just shut up.
This is Animal Crossing. Everyone has their own different style and design their house differently. Yes, some people like Nintendo items. Yes, some people love the balloon series It is pretty awesome, imo). It takes a while to find another lamp or different wallpaper that is actually pleasing, so yeah, people will be keeping the lantern until the find an alternative.

And Newsflash: Not everyone started playing this game right when it came out in their region. Some people just started their game today. Seriously, stop criticizing their gameplay just because you don't like their style. Who are you to judge? Just delete/ignore their house and continue browsing the rest. Be happy you even get streetpasses where you live.

And here you are all laughing/criticizing how people have all these "noobish" items in their house. I am wiling to bet the majority of posters here have a room/museum exhibit that is dedicated to DLC items. You want to talk about something that is annoying and common, talk about DLC rooms, omg.
I really wish I could tip this post. That is everything that I wanted to say but I didn't know how to word it.

i personally think that they can decorate their houses however they want

want a marshal themed house? go ahead
want a wedding themed house? sure why not
want a balloon set? sure i dont like it as much as you do but respect your opinion

its perfectly fine to not like a house, but calling someone's ac house "bad" is a little rude.

sorry if i sound a bit mean, i dont mean to. :)

The only reason Nintendo houses ever bothered me was early on when I was always hoping for stuff to order. But it didn't make them "bad" houses. Any streetpass is a good streetpass, it populates your plaza and gives you a point toward your badges.

I don't care if people have stuff I don't like and can't use, it's still good to get the streetpass. Yes, it's exciting to get a really nice house that gives you ideas, or is just fun to look through (like the house I got with a music box of what seems like EVERY K.K. SONG. I haven't listened to half of them yet!) But the ones that don't, well they gave me a point and I don't have to look at them if I don't want to. It's not like they're stopping me from getting a nice house to look at.

I mean, I have 100 StreetPasses, so I can come at this with the perspective of seeing lots of houses. While some of these are nit-picking (town tune, player picture, phrase), the music being the same is really annoying. The fact that I despise Bubblegum K.K. beyond all reason certainly does not help me like their house. Constantly seeing the Nintendo items and uninspired designs is just boring.

I'm not calling these houses bad. It's good, for the people who have them. Obviously let them decorate the way they want. I guess OP could have worded it a little better so the people who like the stuff he doesn't like don't get all insecure about it and rant at him. The way I view this thread is just a complaint about seeing the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

See: My basement of trophies

I mean, I have 100 StreetPasses, so I can come at this with the perspective of seeing lots of houses. While some of these are nit-picking (town tune, player picture, phrase), the music being the same is really annoying. The fact that I despise Bubblegum K.K. beyond all reason certainly does not help me like their house. Constantly seeing the Nintendo items and uninspired designs is just boring.

And you got a badge for it. So stop complaining about seeing the same thing over and over because:

1.) You are not required to check out every house by any means
2.) You are not required to talk to the person's ACNL character who owns the house

And you got a badge for it. So stop complaining about seeing the same thing over and over because:

1.) You are not required to check out every house by any means
2.) You are not required to talk to the person's ACNL character who owns the house

Yes I am. Flashing yellow squares around the houses *twitch*

I'm tired of all the Nintendo items, 4/6 houses that I 'collected' all have at least 1 or 2 full rooms with just those 'Fortune Cookie' items. :/

Music Box with Bubblegum K.K. & K.K. Disco.

RUDE. Music Box with Bubblegum K.K. in my sweets room ;-;

I'd be happy to get any street pass houses, I've never had one :(.

I think my house is very unique in some rooms and is to my tastes, but I do have K.K. Bubblegum playing on a (customised) radio in my upstairs room :p (it's a cute little tune). I also have a bathroom/personal spa using mermaid items, I think it's a very pretty set and it was time consuming to obtain everything (I don't have everything from the set out in the bathroom however).

Back